When Girl Meets Dating Sim - Let's Play Dating Sims

Dating sims or relationship simulation role-playing games (RS-RPG) are a sub genre of simulation video games. The common objectives between the varying games of the series is to choose a date from several character candidates and achieve a romantic relationship with said character. Dating sims and visual novels are sometimes confused for one another since their visual presentation are similar. Dating sims can involve several mechanics besides reading the story and choosing different interactions to impress the character you are wishing to woo. For example, some games include an ‘attraction meter’ that increases and decreases with the choices you make, time limits, statistics that improve through activities you choose to accomplish throughout the game making it possible to get different endings with characters.

Let’s get down to what this LP is.

My best friend, Mel, and I will sit down together and choose the man or woman of our dreams. We will be playing through several games, choosing one mate to woo, and finishing their route (if possible). Sometimes this can become an issue due to mechanics that will become apparent as we play through the different dating sims.

Truth time, I am a dating sims addict. Having several (17 on steam, have played up to 10 on my phone, and owning a handful for the DS) I have come to love and appreciate the art of dating a virtual girl or boy of my virtual dreams. That being said I want to share what I love about them through this Lp while having a good laugh with my best friend Mel.

Let’s date.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7

Epiosde 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Epiosde 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode10
Episode11

Other Let’s Plays by us.
Let’s Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce - My husband (Warmal) and I
Giant Robots Surfing The Skies - Let’s Play Eureka SeveN Vol 2 The New Version - My husband, Warmal

3 Likes

If there is some kind of poll at the end of the vid it doesn’t load for me. My vote, if it even matters using this medium is that Jill deserves better than us, so do not attempt to get her back.

1 Like

There is no voting. Mel and I have decided who to go with since we are several episodes ahead in recording. I will tell you that we will try and make Steve a better man for any woman he woos in the future.
I looked at the video and its suppose to have links to other videos and our patreon. I’ll have michael fix it. Thank you for letting me know though.

1 Like

Oh, THIS ought to be a ride.

1 Like

Ah, I probably misheard then. I am glad we are on the same page about Steve!

1 Like

Can there be a path where we meet every girl, fail utterly at romancing them because we suck, and then leave him to watch the girls, who all deserve better than S T E V E, have a wonderful summertime together?

1 Like

There are paths in dating sims where you don’t end up with anyone so it is possible that we don’t end up with any of the girls. You’ll have to watch to see if we choose a girl or to make Steve suffer alone with his pudding art.

Today we meet our Uncle and start learning what life on a farm is all about.

2 Likes

We finally leave the farm to find some ladies to woo…if only Steve could get his act together and not be a complete jerk. At least he isn’t the only one in town with attitude problems.

I also wanted to post this question to the thread for some discussion. What are your thoughts on the character trops for dating sims?

I find that if you play the male protagonist then you’re a complete jerk in the beginning with no drive or desire. If you play a female protagonist then it seems you are meek in character and are wooing a man to make him less of an apparent jerk. But what are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

I really don’t know who the target audience is for this game? Are guys supposed to want to play it and be like. “Oh yeah Steve! Totally bipolar. #relatable.”? I just don’t get it. It’s hard enough to be mean in games that have good and bad paths. I don’t really want to be a character that is always just a jerk.

1 Like

Having the main character be a dick is just about the worst thing you can do for this type of game. The only reason I want Steve to improve is because he’s the player character. Otherwise I would have forgotten about his ass by now. As it stands I think Marian’s my favorite character, but I wouldn’t want to inflict Steve upon her if I were playing the game.

As it stands I think Susana’s the best option for Steve, because there’s a decent chance that one day he’ll get the flu and she’ll refuse to get him medication for it. At least I can hope.

1 Like

This is the most beautiful fan theory in existence and I want it to happen with all my might. Too bad I still don’t know who we will choose or what will happen to idiot Steve. We can only pray that he gets what he deserves and dies a painful death.

Another week of farming, dating and awkward introductions from myself…We don’t even talk about how awkward Steve is.

We now have a better understanding of each of the eligible bachelorettes. Who would you choose to pursue if you were playing and why?

2 Likes

Personally, I would probably pick Jill. I think it’d be a really nice character arc for Steve to work on himself out at the farm and working things out with his previous girlfriend. She obviously didn’t want to break up with him, he was just really really really really really really really bad.

1 Like

Today we meet a new person in town and as usual try to get our farm plot to survive.

Sorry for the late post today. I’m dealing with a lot of stuff in my own personal life which I might talk about later or some of you may know already from the discord channel. Either way it’s never to late to post the next update.

As usual we farm, meet up with cute girls and really suck at dating. DATING IS HARD!

1 Like

We are getting closer to finishing Flower Shop in this second last epi…What do you mean this is the last episode!!!

Well if I had to guess, the bad ending is probably fairly tragic, so good thing you’re not doing all of the endings. It’s also weird that Trent is actually the worst now, which is a twist I didn’t see coming. Steve has climbed to the rank of “passable.”

2 Likes

I mean that was quite a steep step to climb so I can’t tell if I should be proud or not of him. Either way, he is still an ass in a hat.

A new protagonist, a new story, new hot men to date, and adorable pets?!?! Let’s play Pastry Lovers!