Giant Robots Surfing The Skies - Let's Play Eureka seveN Vol 2 The New Vision

You may know of Eureka seveN as the anime with the giant robots that surf in the sky. It’s incredible. Ever since I first discovered it it has been my all time favourite anime. The world and characters only help the unique story propel itself into an instant classic. The video game series serves as a prequel to the anime so you don’t need to have watched the anime to get caught up on what’s happening here… This is the second of two games, but don’t worry the beginning sums up the first game pretty well.

If you are interested in seeing the first game in full you can watch it from me right HERE. Or feel free to watch episode 0 for a quick recap of the plot.

I really enjoy the games a lot. They are just so fun to play. Something about the PS2 era of anime games just really made it feel like you were playing the show. While there are times when it has some cheesy moments or dialogues, it’s just super charming. Not a moment goes by where I think I’d rather be doing something else. Especially when I take to the skies in my own giant robot.

The game follows Sumner Sturgeon. In the first game, he was just trying to get by wanting to ride an LFO. So naturally he joined the military. Though it turned out the military using giant robots turned out to not be the greatest. So now he Lifts (hover boards) professionally to make it one day at a time. Until he decides he really needs to be piloting giant robots again. And honestly? Who wouldn’t want that?

The Let’s Play
I’m Michael. You may remember me from Three Heart Blind Guide Ocarina of Time, as well as Let’s Play Every Mario Party and Not Get a Divorce. Unlike those ones I will be going solo here. We’ll be focusing on the game and it’s story, so I’ll be keeping quiet outside of the actual gameplay sections. I’ll also try my best to explain the terminology as we go along. But I think that’s all, time to ride!

VIDEOS

4 Likes

I told you not to do the link until later because then you make mistakes like “wfe”

I just learned that I’ve been pronouncing “Eureka” wrong this whole time.

2 Likes

To be fair. Its only pronounced this way in regards to the character as its pronounced with Japanese connotations.

1 Like

With the Flestnia in hand, we finally start fighting with the LFO’s. Meeting some familiar faces along the way.

3 Likes

Well well well, so the military is involved in some shady things, huh? Who could have guessed?

1 Like

So now we join the underground fighting ring in order to get the chance to talk to the top dog.

4 Likes

I’m glad the air battles made a return in the first episode. Those looked like the coolest part of the first game and they were criminally underutilized.

1 Like

I have to admit watching the robot fights is my favorite part. They look nice and work well unlike some future combat we will see that is questionable in effectiveness or animation.

Technically the first game would allow you to do Lift Battles anytime during the Situation mode. But it’s not the same as having it in the story. I’m really glad this game brings them in a lot more. I really think it’s what makes this game stand out from the rest of the other Mech Games.

1 Like

So, we meet an old friend and she has a mission for us. Our track record being around her isn’t that great, but maybe things will go okay this time around.

3 Likes

We continue in the mission Ruri has given us. Taking over a ship mid-fight is pretty darn cool. The new elements this game brings in definitely gives the series more life.

3 Likes

We learn of the horrors that the military is putting it’s pilot’s through. And exactly what it means for Sumner having gone to New Wave. We’re caught up in something much bigger than us now. And it’s our responsibility to handle it.

2 Likes

This is just a thought, but I wonder if when Ruri said “this ‘Hooky’ guy,” she was referring to the guy piloting just like Hooky. I think it makes a bit more sense to say that the pilot is in on the whole “using other pilots’ data” thing than it does to say Hooky is in on it. I mean, the military wouldn’t need Hooky to know they were using his data like that, right? I highly doubt they would suddenly get ethical enough to say, “No, wait, we need permission, someone get him some forms to sign.”

1 Like

You know what? Rewatching the scene, I can totally see it being in reference to the mysterious pilot instead of the actual Hooky.

1 Like

We see a brand new mechanic in this episode. And while it doesn’t change too much, it’s nice to break things up from the usual gameplay. Also, who knew it was so hard to find yourself some good Ramen? Another great thing here, is we have some consequences to our actions in Episode 2.

3 Likes

We continue in doing some new stuff in the hopes of receiving Ramen, and run into some old friends of ours. Sumner seems to have missed out on a lot in his absence, and clearly not everyone is happy with the way things go. Hopefully things don’t take a turn for the worse.

3 Likes

Today we finally learn the truth behind the development of the CFS. Or at the very least who created it and the first pilot to use it. With this knowledge, how will our gang move forward? Probably head first into danger, but maybe they’ll be smarter about it.

2 Likes

We’re now into the second half of the game. Things are starting to ramp up, in both the plot and in difficulty. We’re gonna team up with Azure and take down the CFS laboratory. And oh boy is that lab in a special place.

3 Likes

We team up with Azure for real to take on Thundercloud and the CFS lab. Things go great? Or do they? I’m actually really curious on peoples thoughts up to this point. We are in the second half of the game now, and I’m interested on everyones takes of the story, characters, and gameplay.

2 Likes