I know the world is ending, let me listen for a bit tho. "Best Final Boss Songs"

I really like (one of) Bloodborne’s final boss themes, The First Hunter:

Seriously, From Software makes some of the best final boss music around.

4 Likes

I still need to get around to playing Rhythm Heaven Fever, but I absolutely adore that game’s Remix 10 music. Just this super upbeat energetic mix featuring gameplay and music from every single level.

I can’t believe someone would mention Ys and not list The Strongest Foe from Oath in Felghana:

So hey, Cave makes pretty badass boss music. A favorite of mine is Longhena Cantata from DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu

Which later got an insane remix for Black Label:

And of course there’s the infamous final boss theme from Mushihimesama Futari, which some may remember from the youtube video of "the hardest video game boss ever"

ed: whoop I’m an idiot and someone mentioned it already

One last one, but Radiant Silvergun has one of the chillest final boss themes of any shooter I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

The first game I ever beat, and still one of my favorite final boss tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7_tcwsj4E

1 Like

E: I mean, technically, it’s not just the final boss, but it is the track that plays during the final boss fight.

1 Like

It’s rare to get good stuff out of the Mega Drive sound chip, but Shinobi 3 had a good OST and final boss theme.

I like how apt the title to this one is and really drives the tone of LISA’s conclusion home
https://soundcloud.com/kyundii/widdly-2-diddly-lisa-soundtrack-63-the-end-is-nigh

I know it’s not really the final boss theme per se, but the final boss theme is the theme song so I think it counts. Also after years of listening to this song, I’ve only just realized it uses the riff from Live and Learn at one point

OH GOD NO FINAL FANTASY 7 HOW COULD THIS BE

https://youtu.be/oQwQnEfbh0U

Okay so it isn’t One Winged Angel, but the theme for the first phase of that fight is still really good.

And since someone mentioned Rhythm Heaven earlier, I have to say that I love the finale of the newest one, especially the part where they work in all four of the title themes in the series.

https://youtu.be/lib94rqUxaU

1 Like

Here’s the final boss theme for a game I really like and feel everyone should play it

Also Shadow Hearts Covenant final boss music

I always love how Mario games tend to have really grandiose final boss music in a game that is unapologetically fun and silly:

Super Mario 3D World’s music for Champion’s Road–not strictly a “boss” but definitely the game’s final challenge–is also perfect, though in this case totally fitting for the rest of the game’s tone:

The Digital Devil Saga duology is too underappreciated and has some excellent tracks. The final boss theme for DDS2 is no exception.

Cannon Ball, the final boss theme from Mega Man Zero 3 is damn good as well

While not a final boss theme, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne’s theme for the (mostly) optional skeleton bosses really sells them as them as dangerous demons from hell, even by the games standards. Especially the first time you’ll hear it in the game. Oh boy.

Meridian Dance from Secret of Mana is one of my all-time favorites.

Final Fantasy XI has had a number of “final boss” themes over the years, but the first one, Awakening, still stands out among them.

Lisa the Joyful’s got really good music.

2 Likes

I’m rather partial to the HAG 1 theme from the end of Banjo-Tooie. It starts with a crazy blast of horns, then plays the high horns against some very low rumbling tubas or something. As the song goes on, it continues on crazy unpredictable tangents, like the boss fight itself. It’s quite a powerful song that gives gravity and danger to the game where a honeybear and his bird friend collect Jinjos.

1 Like

Elite Beat Agents is the one rhythm game that has managed to make me get the most emotional. The final level is real good

6 Likes

I guess it counts (maybe), but Layton Vs Wright has a fucking killer final witness theme (this whole game’s ost is amazing)-

It’s far from my favorite song in the game, but I’m still quite fond of the final boss theme of 7th Dragon III:

Also the Megaman Zero series had pretty great boss themes throughout. “Fake” from Zero 1 is an okay, if not entirely memorable theme:

But it really picks up in 2, with the two part “Supreme Ruler” and "The Last - The Wish Punished"

All of 3’s final themes are pretty good, but the true final boss theme, “Cannonball” is where it’s at.

And then 4 tops it off with “Falling Down” which IMO is one of the best in the entire series.

Also just gonna mention that Cannonball got a pretty awesome remix in ZX:

Ed: Even tho it’s not the final boss theme I’m also gonna mention my favorite boss theme from 7D3, “Ignith of the Final Flame,” because it’s pretty awesome:

FFX got mentioned before. Seymour is definitely prime antagonist, but here’s the actual final boss theme. Not a great song in and of itself, I think… reaching that moment ingame is something else, though.

Here’s Worship, the final theme of Aquaria. It’s an incredibly hairy fight.

Not sure how we can have a music thread without Crypt of the Necrodancer! Here’s Momentum Mori and Last Dance, both the final battle theme.

From Catherine, Chopin’s Revolutionary Etude is the killer! Do not die.

Not a ‘boss’ exactly, but Ghost Trick’s final challenge is set to The Last Desperate Struggle.

The final boss. There are many good final boss tunes.

From the tense…

To the dramatic…

To the vocal tune…

To the triumphant…

All pretty good.

Iji is a really good freeware indie game with an amazing soundtrack and its final boss theme is no exception:

Xenosaga is (to put it lightly) not so good, but the final game’s final boss theme is fantastic:

Have some more Tales series:

And let’s finish with the black sheep of Bioware games, Jade Empire: