I know the world is ending, let me listen for a bit tho. "Best Final Boss Songs"

The massive demon raises his claw, but we stand! Proud and determined. We will fight back, and protect Earth’s future for everyone! For the world that waits for our return, we will not fai- wait. Where is that rocking gutair solo coming from? No, I know we’re fighting right now, I know, hold on, let me listen.

This is a thread to spread and share all the best boss beatdown beats, preferably the final variety.

Here’s a few!

THIS IS FROM A POKEMON GAME? Yep, and it’s SUPER! Sorry…

Oh geez, has the internet complimented this game enough? No… not even close.

What an amazing entry in the series. Such a fantastic game with a fantastic finale.

5 Likes

The final boss of Splatoon’s single player campaign is easily my favorite from recent memory. It’s super intense and has the best track in the game.

9 Likes

I thought the music was okay when I first got to this boss battle, but then when the sisters show up and this starts? I was fuckin’ blown away. It still gives me a bit of a chill to listen to it.

1 Like

MonHun is my absolute favorite series and it has some real great music. My personal favorite will always be the theme for the first “Final Boss” monster I ever reached in one of the games: Ceadeus

3 Likes

It’s technically a Final Boss Song, don’t reply to me

5 Likes

What is a good soundtrack thread without Jet Set Radio?

5 Likes

Dark Souls III had an extremely good final boss theme. The second half of it is so overwhelmingly nostalgic.

Yakuza 3’s was also cool as hell.

And I don’t care what people say, Love Deterrence from MGS: Peace Walker is a great song. It’s just like one of my Japanese animes…

4 Likes

Phantasy Star Online has a ton of good songs, but the Shambertin’s theme is by far my favorite. Shame they’re honestly not a very fun last boss.

And speaking of “not very fun” last bosses…

1 Like

Nawwwt actually my favorite song from the Cave Story soundtrack, which is great overall but

and speakin’ of the ol’ retro game soundtracks

and man Alone in the Dark (2008) was terrible but the soundtrack!!!

3 Likes

Mandatory:

6 Likes

Monster Hunter in general is basically a game of bosses but they got one of the Pokemon composers to remix two different flagship monster bosses together and it is glorious

Edit: I’ve edited this twice and I can’t get the video to embed, what the hell am I doing incorrectly here

Edit 2: there we go I had to remake the hyperlink

The parentheses seem to be breaking it.

Close enough, right?

I was really expecting Live and Learn to pop up eventually, but not this. I really do love this song, the lyrics are freaking hysterical.

I’m gonna be desperate,
Never Lose, Hurry,
Never Lose, Hurry,
I believe in my future, farewell to the shadow,
It was my place to live, but now I need your hand.
Lead me out with your light, I have breathed in
The disgusting air of darkness, but I never lose out
To the pressure, everything’s just like,
An illusion, I’ll be losing you, before long.
Never Lose, Hurry, Never Lose
I never lose my confidence
I know you are supporting me,
Supporting me, supporting me.
I’ll be losing you before long.

These words perfectly encapsulate a fight between speedy angry hedgehog and a giant gecko with an iron lung.

Not a final boss battle, but “Philistine” from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is a real banger.

4 Likes

Live and Learn is another favorite, to be sure.

4 Likes

Hard Corps: Uprising pretty much had one of the most over-the-top final boss songs I’ve ever heard:

Sorry, no Dance of Illusions for this Dracula fight.

3 Likes

AND the final boss has some extremely good theme music too! No More Heroes has such GOOD soundtracks, ugh.

4 Likes

One of my favorite final bosses in a music game, both fun to play and a good song in its own right:

And I guess this is more the whole final area, but:

2 Likes