Giant Robots Surfing The Skies - Let's Play Eureka seveN Vol 2 The New Vision

I’m pleasantly surprised to see critiques of capitalism in a video game.

1 Like

It’s really great. The entire story of both this and the anime are kind of about raging against the machine. Seeing as the Military and Government are basically the same thing.

2 Likes

We break our ties with Azure and say goodbye to some really amazing hair. Now no one knows what to do to stop the CFS or Thundercloud. How will our heroes go into the next stage of fighting?

2 Likes

I finally caught up and I’m also glad to see a plotline where, yeah, the military sucks, but so do corporations.

Also, come on, Sumner, I can’t believe you let your feelings get in the way of delivering an important warning. You can’t mix up your signals like that!

It reminded me of that one bit in the Futurama episode where Leela starts dating a plastic surgeon who gave her a fake second eye.

Leela: “You’re just jealous, Fry.”

Fry: “No I’m not! Wait–yes I am. But my point remains valid!”

I think it became pretty clear that she wasnt going to listen either way. But still. At least get the whole thing out there.

1 Like

We begin Episode 5 by going our separate ways. That hasn’t really worked in the past but what can our group really do when faced with the challenge of taking on both Azure and the Military?

3 Likes

Sumner meets up with some old friends from his military days and… oh. Oh no. I think Steven maybe has gone off the deep end a little bit. I mean, look at the thumbnail. That’s not a good sign. Maybe Sean and Pez will, oh. Nope. Enjoy as Sumner’s friends turn on him in a probably mostly justified way.

3 Likes

The battle with Sean and Pez comes to it’s climax with results I don’t think anyone is happy with. But on the other side of things Sumner and Ruri’s relationship seems to be going in a great direction.

2 Likes

It’s time to assault Thundercloud, and we get some new gameplay mechanics along the way. Also, as I’ve said, something special for the start of this episode.

1 Like

We continue our assault and meet face to face with Flame. With strong declarations it’s time to start putting an end to all of this.

2 Likes

We’re finally wrapping up the story. I can’t believe how far we’ve come, or how much these characters have grown. It’s the final showdown, who will come out on top? But we’re not done yet, we have one bonus video to see!

2 Likes

Funny that you mention watching the original anime. I got it on sale a while back and have started to watch it for the first time in over a decade. I’m enjoying it very much.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! I’ve watched it so many times. It’s really my favourite anime.

1 Like

Here’s the last little bit that I can show off. I’ll keep the thread open for another week so I’d love to hear what everyone has to say about the game.

3 Likes

When I first heard about this LP, I decided to go back and watch the LP for the first game. Taking all that into consideration, it sure is a wild ride that Sumner’s been on, huh? He started off as this kid who was so rudderless that even though he knew he didn’t want to follow in his father’s footsteps to become a military officer, he barely strayed from that path and joined up anyway.

And look at him now! A big ol’ hero, stopping a coup organized by a major corporation and a faction of the military. Good job, Sumner, you’ve earned a little peace and quiet.

I also want to give a shoutout to Ruri getting more depth in this game. I don’t remember if I said it elsewhere or if I just never got around to it, but in the first game, I felt like she had a real Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing going on, what with the way she kept disappearing and reappearing with no real explanation. I’m glad that changed this time around.

All in all, thank you for the LP!

1 Like