When Does "Gotta Catch 'Em All" Become a Problem? Expert Emerald!

As well as the new episode, enjoy this nightmare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM

1 Like

Personally, I thought Team Aqua was the dumber of the two. Since both teams are expanding and not completely replacing, I could almost see how expanding the land might help, because there’d probably still be plenty of ocean for Pokemon to live in. The other way around, half the world’s population drowns and I really don’t think it’s gonna have a noticeable positive impact. That being said, who the hell thought triggering a volcanic explosion would help anyone or anything?

Oh god I forgot about that commercial. That bus driver straight up murdered those Pokemon.

Things are heating up. Fire puns.

2 Likes

Good lord that level curve is intense. I can’t recall if you’ve ever explicitly mentioned this, but does the game have a good EXP curve or does it expect you to grind a bunch? I’m asking because of you having only two 'mons that are appropriately leveled; I can’t tell if that’s just from how the hack is designed or if it’s from you catching/using every 'mon.

I can imagine that the game is a lot better at balancing when you’re not playing like I am. I waste a ton of potential experience points on my ever-growing horde of mons!

Hi sick of you spamming fucking minimize, I’m dad.

Wow, I thought Double Slaking was bad enough in the original Emerald, but giving Norman a Blissey this early is just cruel.

I remember when everyone got going on smogon for a while. Slaking with a choice scarf/band and giga impact was quite nasty. He’s always been a favorite of mine because of Emerald.

Slaking is one of my favorite Pokemon. I just love the idea of a 'mon that’s as strong as legendary Pokemon but it so lazy that half the time it’s a complete non-threat.

Catching mons. Thank you Vorzac for the Smogon reading!

2 Likes

you had to hack the rom hack to get a single pokemon? that’s commitment!

1 Like

More fish! Thank you Charlotte for the Smogon reading!

Hey, I wouldn’t underestimate Luvdisc. They can hold Heart Scales in the wild.

… I mean you have to waste a Pokeball for a 50% chance to get one, but it’s totally worth it.

1 Like

Getting back in the saddle, we make a trek towards the next gym!

1 Like

The Lucky Egg I acquire in this episode actually just raises the EXP modifier by 1.5. so whoops, I’m still getting creamed on a regular basis.

Working on another LP too: I Am the Law - LP Judge Dredd vs.Death

Here comes a new challenger! Heavy Sigh joins us for a spot of desecration! Let’s mess with some ghosts…

1 Like

Eco-terrorism for dummies.

Somewhere… beyond the sea ~

Anybody here played Pokemon Ranger? If so, please get back to me! Need a little help with my Gen III spin-offs review before we resume the LP!

@DavidJohnBores on Twitter
David J Bores #7328 on Discord

Or y’know, I here too!