What are you playing this week?

Been playing Overwatch and Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight. Both games I highly recommend

Iā€™m about halfway through The Last Guardian (left the boy dangling from a tree branch), so Iā€™d like to finish that. But Iā€™m also painting the miniatures that came with Mansions of Madness, because I got an itch to paint minis recently, having not painted any since the last time I played Warhammer 40k about a decade ago. So I donā€™t know how much actual gaming there will be time for.

I have a copy of Abzu for PS4 waiting for me right now, and Homesick is 40% off on Steam, so I may check out one or both of those this weekend.

Another fan of co-piloting to help with zero energy/motivation days here. Glad it can help a bit!

Iā€™m currently working my way very slowly through Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past on 3DS - Iā€™ve currently been playing around 21 hours, in short bursts during my commutes. Iā€™m mostly enjoying it although I will say that the more I play it the more exasperated I get with some of the design choices - like I know the series has always been very traditionalist but youā€™d think someone on the design team wouldā€™ve thought to maybe cut down on the amount of slow menu-crawling or something. Still a good game so far though.

bought The Witness on sale. quite liking it, despite my initial reservations and skepticism about playing through a bunch of maze puzzles on an island. If thereā€™re broad over-arching themes that bring the game together, iā€™m not sure I Get themā€¦ I like the way the way the game teaches about new elements to the puzzles and i like how the game treats its environment though. i am finding getting stumped on puzzles absolutely maddening though. iā€™m bad at puzzles and too stubborn for guides.

Also after 30+ hours on Enter the Gungeon, iā€™ve managed to get to the 5th floor precisely once. Progress is progress, no matter how smallā€¦

This week Iā€™m getting Amazing Race, Survivor and The Bachelor and playing them through to get a feel for the game before making proper LP.

(I also gotta test Adobe Premiere as well)

And as for good games - Iā€™m gonna grind through a level of DOOM and a mission in Hitman. They were both so amazing games and i feel bad having them on the back burner for so long.

Itā€™s a tough juggle last year, I think i only competed maybe four games all year?

Still going through Pokemon Moon at a leisurely pace. I just got a Sharpedo to ride, and I made a dog out of all this green crap Iā€™ve been picking up. Turns out theyā€™re a ground/dragon type? Not really seeing it but, that covers all my typing issues pretty well. Shame I had to get rid of my Bewear (Hugbear), but as much as I love her normal/fighting is just not great.

1 Like

Iā€™m finally getting round to playing the Sunless Sea: Zubmariner DLC. Originally spurred on by the teasers for Sunless Sky, but then I found out today that theyā€™re opening up the Kickstarter Backer Only content to the general public, after asking their KS supporters and getting their blessing. I missed out on the Kickstarter, so Iā€™m looking forward to seeing that new stuff as well.

Iā€™ve been playing the 3DS port of Dragon Quest VIII for the past couple days. The improvements they made are pretty refreshing from the original, though Iā€™m not far enough to have gotten to any of hte new content.

I just finished my alola/nat dex. The only pokemon Iā€™m technically missing is the other event one, I think itā€™s called Marshadow? Good luck on completion!

After playing through Windwaker HD at the beginning of this year I got an itch to play more zelda games. I decided to play through some of the games I never played, starting with Phantom Hourglass. Itā€™s been a lot funner than I expected. When it first came out I wrote it off for the all touch control gameplay but it works really well and Iā€™m having a blast.

Just finished going through RE7 with the husband. Iā€™m such a baby when it comes to scary games that like 90% I just wanted to hand him the controller and duck behind him. Fuck anytime where I have to walk forward into a creepy ass dark room.

Iā€™ve also been leisurely playing Mario 3D World with my two-year-old after I discovered she deleted my much farther along save. :neutral_face: Sheā€™s loving watching me play tho, so not too bad.

I always felt the sign of a great horror game was ā€˜forcing you to go into a place you donā€™t wanna goā€™ and RE7 has that by the bucketload. Especially when I played it in VR I got the willies going into some of the rooms

Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Antibirth. Itā€™s made The Binding of Isaac into the game I sunk hundreds of hours into again.

Unpopular opinion: Playing as The Lost is easier/more fun than playing as Antibirthā€™s secret characters.

It depends on which one. Bethany is okay, though her gimmick basically requires you to find a real good spacebar item.

Jacob & Esau are trash though.

We played on the PC so no VR for us. Super disappointed though because we have the means to do PC VR, but I suppose I can understand why they would wait to release compatibility.

Did you get very nauseous in VR? I had to take Dramamine to even play.

I started another playthrough of Super Metroid the other day. I hadnā€™t played it in over a decade and itā€™s still just as good as I remember, maybe even better now that I know more about game design.

I also started on Castlevania Symphony of the Night because I somehow avoided playing it for the last 20 years even though Iā€™m a big fan of metroidvanias.

2 Likes

I meant J + E (and I didnā€™t refer to them by name because maybe itā€™s a spoiler?). Beth is fine but needs a good run to make her work.

Lately, Iā€™ve just been trying to get through a massive backlog of games that Iā€™ve gotten via humble bundles and various other purchases that Iā€™ve either not touched or played a little before getting distracted by the next new shiny.

Latest game Iā€™ve played was Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. Itā€™s a really fun metroidvania (I canā€™t get enough of them), and I really like the Dark Souls influences it has. Iā€™m kinda tempted to do a second playthrough before I continue with my list of games.

So aside from the round of daily logins to MMOs I might get back to, my playtime this week has been devoted to three games.

1. Warframe, the game about being space ninjas with ridiculous weapons who deliberately prolong a solar-system-wide war by murdering both sides into a constant stalemate. While looking fancy as hell, I might add. Barrier to entry is kinda high unless you join a good clan who can help you and give you the essentials.

2. Armello, ā€œLike Game of Thrones, but with animalsā€ as Kotaku said. Itā€™s a fun multiplayer strategy boardgame thing. Backstab and quite possibly literally stab your friends as you race for the throne of a corrupt, mad and dying king.

3. Toontown Rewritten, the Disney MMO risen from its grave by people who cobbled the original back together from publicly available assets, then made it better. Still grindy like you would not believe, but a multiplayer turn-based RPG is a rare thing.