What are you playing this week?

We are currently busting our way through RE7 at the moment – I am completely floored by how much I’m enjoying this game. I’m a lifelong survival horror junkie and have considered the genre pretty much dead ever since its glory days on the PS2. I was never into RE5 and 6’s “action movie”-style gameplay, although my SO loves it and is kind of a weenie with scary stuff, so my reaction to this game has been a constant HOLY SHIT THAT’S AMAZING while my SO weeps silently in fear.

Also playing a ton of Cook, Serve, Delicious! in preparation for the sequel.

3 Likes

I’m finishing up my playthrough of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. I bounced off the PS2 version of that game pretty hard, but the remake is hugely improved and I’ve had a ton of fun with it. Even fighting the same bosses over and over with each character didn’t get as old as I expected.

I also clearly got addicted to gathering ingredients, cooking food, and making yogurt to boost my EXP gains from food, so I’m pretty sure all my characters are way overleveled for endgame, but I don’t care. Video game cooking is important and I will take it seriously.

Not too sure what I’ll play once I finish that tonight. I have Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows still waiting for me, but I’m terrible at 2D platforming and I’m not sure my current stress levels are going to permit me to fail a whole bunch at something.

2 Likes

I’m finishing up Vexx on the PS2. Think Super Mario 64 if it were edgy and had simple beat-em-up mechanics. Worlds 1-7 were okay, but World 8 (of 9) is a nightmare. Also, too much of the game is wrestling with the camera, which either tries to reorient itself or clings to any platforms or walls it touches.

1 Like

I got a review copy of Gunmetal Arcadia to spin around, and then I’m gonna play through Suits: A Business RPG. After that it’s gonna be a whole batch of stuff: ROOT, Else Heartbreak, Okhlos, Omnibus. Not sure which order they’ll be played in.

My depression has been rearing its ugly head again which means I have been playing a crapton of The Sims 3, until my girlfriend gets home from work and I watch her play the Binding of Isaac! I act as her co-pilot and help her out with which item is which and whatnot, which is a strangely fun bonding experience for a long distance couple!

5 Likes

some cave story and my first experience with a metroid game (Super Metroid) is happenin’ this week, i’m diggin it so far

1 Like

I’m likely to be playing a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer (with the new Early Access DLC which I am super stoked about)…

Also I may be returning to an ancient sin and reinstalling League of Legends as some kind of form of self flagellation.

1 Like

I started playing Read Only Memories now that it has voice acting and stuff, seems pretty neat! I want to get back into my playthroughs of mass effect 3 and dishonored 2, too. And i want to start XCOM 2. Too many games too few hours in the day :cry:

A lot of toos

Dont you dare. Put the mouse down, ammy. Stop it!!

This week I’ve been re-playing Resident Evil 7 to get some missing trophies and I plan on starting the brand new DLC tonight :slight_smile:

I am playing a couple of things - Chameleon because I like the engine and it was never release in western markets and its pretty kewl, and fallout 4 because fallout is rad!

I had started a new file in Arkham Asylum because I was feeling nostalgic for it but the screen tearing is too much. Might switch back to playing Soma. I had to take a break from it because it was too spooky for me lmao

1 Like

Also I may be returning to an ancient sin and reinstalling League of Legends as some kind of form of self flagellation.

You don’t need to do this to yourself, we’re here for you.

2 Likes

I’m probably gonna try and go through a good chunk of Digimon World: Next Order this weekend.

Earlier this week I finished Oxenfree (fantastic game, very atmospheric with a rad soundtrack), this week I’m messing around in Else Heart.Break() while I do other things. The latter is a very chill experience that’s fun to poke around in, not sure how I feel about it yet but it’s very Neat.

As of late I’ve been playing a free card game called Shadowverse as well as Warframe. Shadowverse is pretty similar to hearthstone though I enjoy it more than hearthstone for some reason.

1 Like

SuMo did the same to me, I finished my Alola pokedex and promptly dusted off Pokemon Y and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and next thing I knew my National pokedex is at 761/802… I just finally wrested control of my life back from my 3DS :skull:

2 Likes

Another game I’ve been going back to this week is Dark Souls 3. Started up a few new runs and playing through the game while also working on my LP of it and my Bows Only boss fight series. I still find it quite enjoyable to replay and there is still a lot of people online though I’m very rusty at PvP against anyone above the average player I’ve been struggling. I’m excited for the DLC when it comes.

Sounds like my imminent future. I’m finally gonna take a crack at completing my dex as well… I’ve been interested in it ever since I heard you could just about complete it between ORAS and XY… Plus I have a lot of event legendaries I’ve stashed over the past… 10+ years.

1 Like

Hell yeah oxenfree is super good, one of the few games that really hooked me last year. I love how natural the conversations sound in it, as well as just the general spookyness

1 Like