What are you playing this week?

Got that good good Thief costume for Link in BOTW, which is really the only game I’ve been playing as of late.

Did give that 8-Bit Bayonetta game a twirl too, which for free dollars I really cant complain about the quality too much. Nice little time killer.

Got to the third last dungeon in Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, Persona’s gonna take over tomorrow but i’m surprised I got so close to the end of BoF.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to play Dragon Quarter for a while now. I think it’s super underappreciated.

1 Like

I have fallen back into the Payday 2 pit. Clicking those cops and simulating that bag throwing and all that.

help me

I just got Persona 5 in the mail, so obviously I’m starting Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, because I have weird taste and priorities.

2 Likes

In lieu of the funds to get P5, I’m just futzing around with the usual stuff (FFXIV, the occasional Gungeon or BoI run), but also added Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns to the list as well. (Somehow flew smack under my radar. Do HS/SoS games usually do that or am I just dense?)

Hopefully my weird bounce off Stardew Valley was just a fluke and I get sucked back into the farm sim hole again.

I agree but I also think the game has a lot of half-baked features in the game that really make me want another game with them fully explored.

Like the combo skill system for example needed expansion, Ryu only gets one combo and it sucks, Nina gets none but she doesn’t need them and Lin gets all of them because you don’t need to make new animations for them.
Plus it’s really hard to tell what the extra effects are on her combos, if they had a list of combos you discovered it’d be good.

The Trap system (or PETS) is cool but you should be able to setup traps mid battle instead of only having them available if you threw them before battle.

Antz Colony needs more antz and more stuff to do.

E: Turns out last night I’m actually at the final dungeon so I guess I’ll actually finish that before P5. I do like how compressed the game is. It’s not too bad going through the game without using D-Dive, i’m at 21% D-Counter

I’ve been playing some Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds and will likely do more of that this week. I’m also in the mood for some 2D platformer so looking through my backlog to find something. Maybe Odallus?

Yooka-Laylee review rundown:
“It’s TOO nostalgic”

been replaying New Vegas and I gotta say, That Gun? actually a pretty good pistol, dang

that’s your new vegas thought of the day

there is no hope for you

turn towards the cops and walk backwards into the vault

Saw all the reviews today and YEESH is it divided. Maybe there’s some value in sticking to what you’re comfortable with, in this case ye olde N64 Collect-athons, and Playtonic did seem to deliver exactly that. I think the problem, at least from reading them all, is that it doesn’t exactly do a whole lot else. Guess I’ll see for myself once my backed copy comes in.

In the meantime, I’ve somehow already sunk 6 hours into Persona 5. It’s the bees knees.

Yeah I feel sorta weird about it cause honestly they have delivered on exactly what they promised and they didn’t really go about saying they’re making a collect-a-thon more modern.

I think the game will be fun and i’m gonna grab it but definitely Playtonic should try and redo some of the design that is just plain dated at this point.

While I wait the next couple of months I’ve put Splatoon back in my WiiU, the Splatoon 2 Testfires reminded me how much fun I have playing the game.

1 Like

Gonna do Persona 5 on Hard mode, luckily hard mode affects damage values but leaves xp & money as is.

After bouncing off of it multiple times over the years, I’ve finally stuck past the not-very-good prologue of Alpha Protocol and am now immensely enjoying it.

I’m sure most of the reasons for that are that I’ve figured out how the game’s memory addresses work with regards to money, so I have a huge stack of cash with which to buy a bunch of tools and gadgets. Gadgets that, for example, let me bypass the wholly awful hacking minigame.

I beat Breath of the Wild so I can finally focus on playing other games. I’m not done with it yet, but at least now it’s not my top priority game anymore.

Right now I’m focusing on Berserk and the Band of the Hawk. I don’t really like how they just use anime footage for the cutscenes, but now that I’m past the Golden Age Arc, they can’t do that anymore. Koei Tecmo has to make their own cutscenes and they actually look pretty nice. They probably just used the anime footage to save money.

Specter of Torment dropped for the PC as well, and this might be only me, but I think I prefer the main game and Plague of Shadows to this one… the levels don’t have a lot of collectables to find outside of the red skulls, the shops aren’t very interesting (only armor and relics buffing) and while it’s fun to have little levels to make you acquainted with the relics, I pretty much never used any of them outside of the healing skull and the scythes because Specter Knight is too athletic to need anything other than his diagonal slashes :sweat_smile: The headless knight’s climbing tower minigame is really cool though

A mixture of Persona 5 and Specter of Torment. Specter Knight is tricky to handle and Persona 5 is slick as all get out. It’s an interesting combination, for sure.

Nuclear Throne.
I’m getting worse at it. I didn’t know that was possible. Also, I’m about to break 100 hours on it.