What are you playing this week?

Well, that’s something to be excited for. I can’t wait :smile: I wish I had more time to play, but with work and playing gigs and all, it takes a while for me to get through the game. Especially since I’m kind of obsessed with doing all the side ops as well.

Shit, Persona 5 is two weeks away and i’m still only halfway through Nier.

1 Like

I’m still bouncing between Nier Automata (have ending A, got a bit further then took a break), Pillars of Eternity (so close to finishing), and Nuclear Throne (looped the Throne with two different characters last night, both were then immediately run over by a van). I’ve also been picking up Hearthstone again since the new set announcement actually has me interested again, and because it fits nicely as something I can do when I go for a run on the treadmill.

Once I finish with Pillars I’ll be jumping into Night in the Woods which looks incredibly good.

I fell into a dumb trap of getting back into FF14 and racing through all the patch content to get me to Heavensward stuff, so I’ve been balancing that, zelda, and NieR. I also got Horizon with some amazon credit because I felt like supporting that game, even though I know I probably won’t get to it until after P5.

Playing Hollow Knight, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen a metroidvania this big and complex. I can’t complete a section without stumbling by mistake on another and find another sidequest or an optional boss!

I’ve been replaying through Westerado: Double Barrel mostly to finish getting all the achievements. It’s an open world, action, adventure, whodunit where you have to find the murderer that killed your family and burned your ranch to the ground.

I remember wanting to do an LP of it, but dropped it when I could not get one of the endings due to a bug; as well as, Luckslinger coming into my life. Maybe I’ll revisit this project in the future, but I would need to re-rip all the material from the game. (Including ambient chicken clucking.mp3)

I’m finally going to finish NieR: Automata tonight.

EDIT:
I finished NieR and got Ending C. It was good and I’m going to play it again.

Since I finished Nier, I started up this old pc rpg Eschalon? I’ve never played any old dnd esque games but I’ve been interested and it was free on steam, so I said fuck it and got it. Thankfully it actually works on my computer. It’s neat so far but jesus christ is the main character agonizingly slow.

Aside from the shitstorm surrounding it how is the new Mass Effect?

I got the Turok 2 remaster that was released recently, and I love it!

Except for The Lair of the Blind Ones. That level can go fuck itself.

Pretty fun once you get the hang of the crafting mechanics. Story is pretty good and I like all the characters.

1 Like

I spent all of my Spring Break modding and playing Skyrim SE until something went wrong and it decided to crash any time anything happened. I think I fixed it, though. Just gotta reinstall all my mods.:neutral_face: Either way, it’s so nice to have a game that looks that good while also running at a solid 60fps all the time.

I’ve also been playing Planet Coaster after waffling on whether or not to buy it for however long, and holy shit it is absolutely worth the price. It’s a game that’s just absolutely full of charm and creativity, and everything from the mascots to the rides to the little semi-Simlish your workers say are so fun for the senses. It also feels weird to say that a theme park simulator has one of the best soundtracks for a game I’ve heard, but, well…

Anyone looking forward to Yooka Laylee?

I haven’t played a collect-a-thon in ages and i’m a little worried the game’s gonna be more nostalgia then an actually good game.

E:
VVV I will admit that news reminded me of the game

2 Likes

after the news today, a bit more excited

7 Likes

I’ve had zero shame for backing it, but after today the shame dipped far into the negatives.

Playtonic’s amazing.

1 Like

I was fairly excited for Yooka-Laylee until I remembered that I’m not a huge collect-a-thon fan. I really hope the game does well though, and yeah todays news on it was fantastic~

For this week though I’m taking a break from NieR to play through Second Sight on the GCN.

1 Like

I was fairly excited for Yooka-Laylee until I remembered that I’m not a huge collect-a-thon fan. I really hope the game does well though, and yeah todays news on it was fantastic~

Here’s hoping it’s a good platformer then just a collect-a-thon

E:

E2: Okay last one I swear to god but I could not stop laughing at the last line of this:

4 Likes

In the continuing adventures of El_Sid in Metal Gear land, quite a lot of extremely spoilery things happened:

My soldiers at Mother base contracted the plague, so naturally I put all plans to do side missions on hold to save as many of their asses as possible. I was rather proud of myself that I figured out pretty much immediately what caused the infection, and quarantined the soldiers accordingly :smiley: Overall, I lost like five guys or so, which I figure isn’t that bad. I rescued that code talker guy and killed me some Skulls at the airport (first time I aborted a mission to change my loadout to ALL EXPLOSIVES, which turned out to be awesome!), got an A rank for both of those missions despite not really knowing why. Next I’m gonna go give Eli a ding alongside the ear for not behaving, and then do the same to Sahflalanto… Sapahlanthrops… Metal Gear.

Still enjoying myself a lot. One thing that slightly bothers me is the travel time it takes between missions, especially the side ops. I kinda wish there was a way to just warp to the mission area without having to call the chopper, wait for the chopper, wait for the load screen, sit on the chopper, select the next mission, wait for the load screen, wait for deployment, and then going to whatever area I need to go to. A lot of the time it’s faster to just drive from mission to mission with D-Walker, but that also takes a while every time. I dunno, maybe I’m just impatient, but I’d appreciate it if I could get around faster and not waste my time waiting for loading screens or driving to places. I guess that open world thing has its price.

I got a Driving Force GT and I’ve been playing Assetto Corsa with it.

Drifting is hard.

(also they recently added the Mazda 787B which has one of the greatest engine sounds ever :swoon:)

1 Like

I actually recently got a Driving Force GT and Assetto Corsa as well. The force feedback on the wheel is so dang good, though it’s also the first wheel I’ve ever used so I could be wrong, haha. I recommend giving the Ferrari F40 a test drive if you’re looking for a challenge. That car is seriously the automobile equivalent of an angry bull, like it’ll kick you in the teeth but it’s so fun just whipping it around.

If there’s one thing I don’t like much about Assetto Corsa, it’s that it needs more ~200hp production cars. GT cars are fast and all, but there’s something about the limited speed and handling of production cars that make them so much more strategic and satisfying.

1 Like