What are you playing this week?

The only real sameyness in the game comes down to general environments. It’s fantastic fun to try out the same mission in different ways to see how things change. I remember being astounded by the openness of mission design coupled with the rather smart AI. Not to mention how the enemy gear changes to combat your most-used strategies. TPP is probably one of my favorite games to play of the past decade as a result.

I didn’t even know the gear changes. I guess I’ve got a whole bunch of stuff to look forward to :slight_smile:

Nothing will ever top forgetting which song I set to the chopper and having it sound like a-ha is literally challenging a whole base to a fight in their chopper.

Wait a sec, I can set a song to the chopper?! Holy shit! I gotta do that, like, now! :smile:

I get to figure out how to divide my time between living necessities, Granblue Fantasy, Puzzles and Dragons, Nier: Automata, Project Diva: Future Tone, and Dragon’s Dogma Online…

Is frantically vibrating in anticipation of Nier Automata’s UK release and therefore it finally finding its way into my hands a game? Because if so, that.

You could make a game of it. For example, you could see how much you vibrate in an hour and then break that record!

Just bought Nier: Automata, so it’s time to spend the weekend crying on my couch.

1 Like

The vibration time is ended. Time to immerse myself in robots and tears.

1 Like

My copy of Nier: Automata just arrived yesterday so that’s my weekend set, also really need to get around to playing through Night in the Woods.

Drop everything but Nier Automata

Breath of the Wild is stupidly good and no matter how much I want to finish up Horizon or play Nier: Automata, I can’t stop playing Zelda.

Luckily that means it’ll be easier to wait for Nier’s PC release so I can see how the port is and if I want to get it for PC instead of PS4, so that’s one upside.

Everyday has been on a zelda kick, but I’ve been trying out Disc Jam on PS4 (it was free on PS+)

And while it doesn’t have that snap that windjammers has, it’s still very good with its online mode. The scoring system takes some getting used to.

I just concluded the desert part of Nier: Automata and it was very weird. But also very good. Please everyone play Nier: Automata.

I’ve been playing Slime Rancher almost nonstop. It’s so goddamn cute! I’m trying to unlock the advanced treasure crackers and it’s taking a little while but it’s such a calm and charming game that the grindiness isn’t getting to me too much.

I’ve only gotten to play about 2 hours of NieR this week due to work, but I just slammed some pizza into my face and I’m ready to spend all weekend on this game.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Really interesting puzzle/mystery game, and the only one I’ve played to date where you’re supposed to hold the DS sideways.

Also, the sketch-art style used for the character portraits is pretty awesome.

I just finished Bully: Scholarship Edition. Finally. I got the original version back when it was released on PS2.

I’ve been playing Angband. It’s made me realize how good Diablo did at blending it and NetHack together.

I just beat RE7 for the first time, and it was pretty dang good. Especially the part where it kept crashing OBS so I couldn’t stream it for more than an hour for my friend.

I’m still playing Nioh. I started NG+ and tried to grind for some specific smithing texts. Which I got, but now I also need a specific item only dropped by one boss to craft my gear soooo… I decided I’ll just play through NG+ with what I have. Having finished the game on NG now I can say the the combat is great, the level design is meh, the level variety is good, enemy variety is as bad as they all say and for me personally it’s a bit on the easy side (in NG at least, didn’t get that far into NG+ yet, but man, the optional boss duel in the first region is souped up quite a bit, considering I had little trouble with a post-game side mission featuring that guy as well as another one from later in the game double-teaming on you.)

Aside from that I got WWE 2k17 for free (twice) and started playing Carreer mode in that. It’s… better than expected. Which is to say it’s okay. But these games have never been that great.