What are you playing this week?

I’ve been playing Skyrim because I finally got the expansions. Dawnguard has been pretty interesting so far!

2 Likes

As an attempt to finish some of my backlog before Nier Automata and Zelda come out, I managed to finish both RE7 and MGS3.

P good games, I had a great time with both.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing the occasional run of Enter the Gungeon. On my last run I got the Gun, which was nice.

1 Like

Horizon Zero Dawn: turns out it’s pretty good so far. Maybe a few too many side quests that make you run long distances on foot before you get the ability to have a mount, but other than that I’m having a good time (especially now that I have a mount).

Also it runs amazingly well on a base PS4 and I’m kind of shocked by that. 1080p and a (damn near) steady 30 fps on a game this pretty and open feels a bit like a miracle after games like Bloodborne (an otherwise nearly perfect game in my opinion).

I’ve still been playing Digimon World Next Order because apparently Digimon is the one constant in my life.

Turns out there’s a fast-travel mechanic. You just have to spend some wood and meat to create travel packs that are consumed on use. You can find them in merchant inventories as well, I think (not very far in the game yet, so I don’t know how many have them).

Yeah, I really should’ve been fast traveling for sure. I’m using it more now and also riding a mount, so it’s a lot easier to get around.

Been playing Granblue Fantasy, but also starting up Dragon’s Dogma Online because I have a Dragon’s Dogma deficiency that needs to be addressed

I finished up Twilight Princess HD and got my Wolf Link Amiibo all readied up for Breath of the Wild. He’s going be such a strong pupper :dogee:

I’ve also started up Night in the Woods which is fucking great and I seriously hope I get to finish it before Breath of the Wild sucks my time up because like it’s just so charming, I wasn’t really hyped for it like a lot of folk (Mostly on account of not really knowing what it was until like a month before the release) but what I’ve played so far has been wonderful.

1 Like

The Shutokou Battle mobile game came out a while back so I started playing it. It’s kind of similar to Drift Spirits but with the TXR skin. It’s also very grindy in terms of getting cosmetic upgrades (they have Super ADVAN wheels as one thing you can get as of now but I have to grind “voltage” in the VS mode for it and that requires taking on people who have faster cars than me right now) but the game tosses gacha tickets at you a lot and I keep banking them for 10 pulls in hopes of getting a good car.

I’m not too happy the series returned this way but mobage makes coin so whatever I guess?

Been playing Overwatch and Ratchet and Clank for the PS4!

Overwatch is fun and I have yet to use the new character. Ratchet and Clank is great and I’ll probably 100% it.

The various misadventures of Star Fox McCloudy in Not Dinosaur Planet so far:

do not mind me I am just taking a leisurely air swim around your lovely village

the world has opened before me I am no longer bound by your dino laws as I peer into the lime abyss

the old gods have awaked, P̯̲͉̖̺͕̎͌͂͛̄͒͢e͓̟͌̃̕͘͡p̧̜̼̘͒ͦͩͦ̊͐̇͞p̶̳̠͖̰̝̳̅ͥͥy̼̘̟̜̙̲̯̥͆͛̄͘͟͞ has come to put an end to my travels aka crash the game

3 Likes

I just now played Strike Suit Infinity and quit because of the goddamn mine layers. Insert shaking fist emote here.

Yesterday, however, I was playing Overload. It’s a new game from the guys who made Descent and they just released a newer version of the playable teaser from last year, which upgrades the HUD and has some new features like weapon upgrades and “XP” which doesn’t do anything at the moment but will have a purpose later on.

The game’s got some mad potential and is launching this month in early access. I can’t wait.

Still more FFXIV, though I have gotten out of ARR into the patch story zone. Though thats also kinda in limbo since I’ve been faffing about leveling other classes, unlocking hard dungeons/trials and raids (Still trying to sum up the courage to even attempt the first part of Binding Coil).

Besides that, NieR Automata is out this week, and hopefully I’ll have the spending funds to get it. I’ve been prioritizing saving/getting that before I get anything else for my PS4.

…Which probably means I’m going to really have to catch up on PS4 games afterward. I’ve missed way too much.

I’ve just started Pillars of Eternity and boy did I forget how much homework goes into these kind of games. It has the potential to grow on me, I just need to get into the swing of it I think.

The Great Satan itself UPS denied me of Breath of Zelda, so hopefully I can pick it up tonight. Aside from not playing that, it was a weekend with some FFXV, some Overwatch, Super Mario World on Virtual Console and Burnout Revenge on the 360.

1 Like

So obviously I’m playing Zelda every chance I can get in between video projects and getting back in the gym. I’m also full back in the swing of FF14, doing the patch content in between ARR and Heavensward (however, with my computer being tied up for about 14 hours per hour of 1080p60fps rendering, it’s been a bit harder to keep that one up). Oh, I also picked up 1-2 Switch, don’t get that unless you’ve got a few roommates on hand, and even then Snipper Clips is a way better 2 player game

I also tried a bit of LttP randomizer last week in anticipation for Breath of the Wild and I had lot more fun with that than I’d imagine.

I’m also equal parts excited that NieR comes out tomorrow and wishing I had another week

3 Likes

I have a major problem, and it’s that I’m not currently playing Zelda.

It’s real good guys

I don’t really play anything on consoles so I’m waiting for mass effect andromeda. And getting through my placement matches in competitive overwatch. I’m so glad I found a game that perfectly scratches my shooter-itch.

1 Like

I’ve been replaying some Tiny Barbarian DX; which is a cool game where you can defeat enemies by flexing. Welcome to the gun show.

6 Likes