What are you playing this week?

Nier: Automata, which is awesome. Overwatch, which has a new character this week. Guild Wars 2, which is fun. And Mass Effect: Andromeda, which is…well I guess we’ll see.

I intended to play through all the generations of Pokémon last year leading up to the release of Sun & Moon. Sort of a thing to remind me what i do and don’t like about each Gen, and to see the progression of the series over time. I got through most of the games, but ended up really procrastinating Gen 6 and ended up just skipping it.

Fast forward to present day, I’m about 6 badges in on replaying Y. My opinion on it is… still very similar to what it was roughly a month or two after initial release. It’s… it’s there. It looks fine. It sounds fine. It plays fine. But it still feels really kinda empty and soulless in a weird way. The characters and story are still a massive dive down from Gen 5 (and 7), and nothing that happens feels like it really has any meaning to it. At least I can still wear horribly mismatching colors and nobody can stop me.

In brighter news Code Name: STEAM still kicks ass and I’m so sad that game wasn’t better received. Fuck Nettlers though.

I’ve been slowly getting through Plague of Shadows, in preparation for Spectre of Torment. I think I’ve finally learned how to control this guy after six hundred million years.

1 Like

I had an extreme amount of trouble during the very beginning all out Android v Machine battle, especially the second time you play 9S.

Also sad there isn’t a Nier thread because I have no place to sing this game’s goddamn praises holy shit. I just got the last 3 main endings and FUCK IM CRYING that credit sequence was so fucking impactful and everything from Devola and Popola appearing onwards had me going “YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH” (Tho I’m still confused about them)

There is a Nier thread: post near puns in this thread; NIER AUTOMATA

It’s a big 'ol wall of spoiler text.

Oh, didn’t see that, thanks!

Just finished Nier and I really need something with a low-investment story and characters. So I’m getting Toukiden 2 today.

Well, that’s something to be excited for. I can’t wait :smile: I wish I had more time to play, but with work and playing gigs and all, it takes a while for me to get through the game. Especially since I’m kind of obsessed with doing all the side ops as well.

Shit, Persona 5 is two weeks away and i’m still only halfway through Nier.

1 Like

I’m still bouncing between Nier Automata (have ending A, got a bit further then took a break), Pillars of Eternity (so close to finishing), and Nuclear Throne (looped the Throne with two different characters last night, both were then immediately run over by a van). I’ve also been picking up Hearthstone again since the new set announcement actually has me interested again, and because it fits nicely as something I can do when I go for a run on the treadmill.

Once I finish with Pillars I’ll be jumping into Night in the Woods which looks incredibly good.

I fell into a dumb trap of getting back into FF14 and racing through all the patch content to get me to Heavensward stuff, so I’ve been balancing that, zelda, and NieR. I also got Horizon with some amazon credit because I felt like supporting that game, even though I know I probably won’t get to it until after P5.

Playing Hollow Knight, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen a metroidvania this big and complex. I can’t complete a section without stumbling by mistake on another and find another sidequest or an optional boss!

I’ve been replaying through Westerado: Double Barrel mostly to finish getting all the achievements. It’s an open world, action, adventure, whodunit where you have to find the murderer that killed your family and burned your ranch to the ground.

I remember wanting to do an LP of it, but dropped it when I could not get one of the endings due to a bug; as well as, Luckslinger coming into my life. Maybe I’ll revisit this project in the future, but I would need to re-rip all the material from the game. (Including ambient chicken clucking.mp3)

I’m finally going to finish NieR: Automata tonight.

EDIT:
I finished NieR and got Ending C. It was good and I’m going to play it again.

Since I finished Nier, I started up this old pc rpg Eschalon? I’ve never played any old dnd esque games but I’ve been interested and it was free on steam, so I said fuck it and got it. Thankfully it actually works on my computer. It’s neat so far but jesus christ is the main character agonizingly slow.

Aside from the shitstorm surrounding it how is the new Mass Effect?

I got the Turok 2 remaster that was released recently, and I love it!

Except for The Lair of the Blind Ones. That level can go fuck itself.

Pretty fun once you get the hang of the crafting mechanics. Story is pretty good and I like all the characters.

1 Like

I spent all of my Spring Break modding and playing Skyrim SE until something went wrong and it decided to crash any time anything happened. I think I fixed it, though. Just gotta reinstall all my mods.:neutral_face: Either way, it’s so nice to have a game that looks that good while also running at a solid 60fps all the time.

I’ve also been playing Planet Coaster after waffling on whether or not to buy it for however long, and holy shit it is absolutely worth the price. It’s a game that’s just absolutely full of charm and creativity, and everything from the mascots to the rides to the little semi-Simlish your workers say are so fun for the senses. It also feels weird to say that a theme park simulator has one of the best soundtracks for a game I’ve heard, but, well…