What are you listening to? (another music thread)

Recently have many stuffs happening, when I have difficulty sleeping during the night I keep listening to this soothing song.

Anna Tsuchiya - Stand by Me
https://youtu.be/bmJrOtK9uZ0

1 Like

feeling a music video kick, so here ya go

and finally

3 Likes

also! I recommend looking into the Jet Set Radio live radio station, itā€™s as eclectic as the game the websites based on from what iā€™m hearinā€™

2 Likes

My dad shared this album with me yesterday and it is scratching a lovely, slow-burning blues itch Iā€™ve had for a while now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Also bought this, since itā€™s apparently the only way to get the bonus stuff from the 20th anniversary re-release now? They released Twice Removedā€™s box set digitally, but I got tired of waiting (and stumbled upon the LP supposedly having everything as a dl). :man_shrugging:

If not, at least I have one of my favorite albums in vinyl.

1 Like

Got some ancient jug band music to listen to for my seminar. Gotta show my students where the blues comes from after all, and jug bands are a part of that. I really like these old blues anyway, so I donā€™t mind listening to that. Although I gotta say, my favourite blues are the really dark, foreboding and urgent ones, like ā€œHellhounds on my Trailā€ by Robert Johnson, or Screaminā€™ Jay Hawkins ā€œI put a Spell on Youā€. For now though, jug bands:

3 Likes

Just discovered these guys on Spotify and Iā€™ve been listening to the album on repeat for a week now.

1 Like

some EVISBEATS

or if you prefer

hope you like pop

and to end things off, some of The Pharcyde (which has a good music video, but the complete one i can find on youtube is of pretty bad quality :L

anyway watch out for n-bombs in this)

1 Like

Randomly came across this album (velocity:design:comfort) on Spotify the other day and wow it is absurdly good. One of the most fascinating and genuinely beautiful/sentimental records I think Iā€™ve ever stumbled onto.

1 Like
1 Like

can you tell I like hip hop?

1 Like

Wow, a Starship song Iā€™ve never heard before! (and itā€™s on the same album as the best worst song ever, We Built This City)

1 Like

For anyone who didnā€™t catch it, Gorillaz uploaded another song:

1 Like

Decided to relisten to Trocadero for the first time in years (the band that basically makes all of Red vs Blueā€™s music), and Iā€™m honestly surprised it holds up well (and is actually good). Was worried it was cheeseball/Jonathan Colton-ish in hindsight, but while some songs are ā€œaboutā€ Red vs Blue, theyā€™re not embarrassing to listen to at all.

just cowboy beebop sountrack(s) for tonight, lemme share a few of my favorite ones that i donā€™t think others care for usually

(and my most loved weird one)

2 Likes