VidAMs - Video Game TV Show Reviews

Vid-AMs-LPZone

Hey everyone. Mixing things up from making my regular LPs, I’ve started a series where I review TV shows based on video games! This project is funded by my Patrons and features artwork by ILWP.

Thread Rules

• No isms or phobias welcome here.

• If my take on a show you hold dear is negative, please remember that it’s not a dig on you. Nostalgia can be a powerful thing!

Patreon

My landlords don’t accept YouTube views… and even if they did, I wouldn’t have enough to pay them:

Videos (By Series)

PacManSymbol
PAC-MAN’S BRUTAL MASSACRE - Pac-Man (1982)
DKSymbol
THE ORIGINAL DONKEY KONG - Donkey Kong (1983)
SCRAPPY KONG & FRIENDS - Donkey Kong Junior, Frogger & Kangaroo (1983)
Q’BERT, CLAMIGATORS & SPACE BABY - Q’Bert, Pitfall & Space Ace (1983)
BANARNA SLARMER - Donkey Kong Country (1997)
PoleLogo
ONE KITT, TWO KITT, RED KITT, BLUE KITT - Pole Position (1984)
MarioSymbol
DO THE MARIO! - The Super Mario Bros. Super Show (1989) - :writing_hand:
HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS - Super Mario Bros. (1989)
EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS - The Legend of Zelda (1989)
IT’S MORE THAN A GAME… IT’S ALSO A SHOW - The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 (1990)
CarmenSymbol
LET’S PLAY ALONG WITH CARMEN SANDIEGO - Where in the World is C.Sandiego? (1991)
CARMEN’S CRYPTIC CRIMES - Where on Earth is C.Sandiego? (1994)
REMATCH TIME WITH CARMEN SANDIEGO - Where in Time is C.Sandiego? (1996)
BattletoadsBubsLogo
BATTLETOADS VS. BUBSY - Battletoads (1992) & Bubsy (1993)
SonicSymbol
I HOG THAT HATEHEDGE - Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993)
WAY PAST COOL - Sonic the Hedgehog (1993)
SONIC’S SINGING SIBLINGS - Sonic Underground (1999) - :musical_note:
MUST PROCEED WITH HASTE - Sonic X (2003) - :facepunch:
FinalFantasySymbol
Final Fant𝓐𝓢𝓢y: Legend of the 𝓒𝓡𝓨𝓢𝓣𝓐𝓛s - Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (1994)
FINAL FANTASY: BISECTED - Final Fantasy: Unlimited (2001)
StreetsLogo
STREET FIGHTER TWO FIVE - Street Fighter II V (1994)
STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE: THE SERIES - Street Fighter: The Animated Series (1994)
MegaManSymbol
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT - Mega Man (1994) - :pouting_cat:
JACK IN!! ROCKMAN.EXE - MegaMan NT Warrior & Rockman.EXE Axess (2002)
ROCKNETTO RETURNS - Rockman.EXE Stream, Beast & Beast+ (2004)
ASTROLOGY FURSONA MAN - Shooting Star Rockman & Tribe(2006)
StalkersLogo
WE’RE THE DARKSTALKERS - Darkstalkers (1995)
JimSymbol
EARTHWORM JIM (1996)
MortalSymbol
IT’S KOMBAT TIME - Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm (1996)
PokemonSymbol
How GOOD was Ash Ketchum ACTUALLY? (Gen 1) - Pokémon Indigo League (1997)
BANNED POKÉMON EPISODES (Gens 1-7) - Pokémon Indigo-Alola (1997-2018)
WingSymbol
WING COMMANDER ACADEMY (1997)
DigiLogo
DIGIMON ADVENTURE (1999)
THE DIGIMON EMPEROR’S RISE, FALL & REDEMPTION - Digimon 02 (2000)
THE TAMING OF THE TAMERS - Digimon Tamers (2001)
WordsLogo
WORDS WORTH (1999) (18+)
RaymanSymbol
RAYMAN’S TELEVISION HISTORY - Rayman: The Animated Series (1999), Rabbids Invasion (2013) & Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix (2023) - :rabbit:
ParappaLogo
I GOTTA BELIEVE - PaRappa the Rapper (2001)
KirbySymbol
KIRBY, RIGHT BACK AT YA! (2001)
KIRBY, FRIGHT TO THE FINISH (2003)
GreenLogo
GREEN GREEN(S) - GREEN GREEN (2003) (18+)
FZeroSymbol
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES - F-Zero: Legend of Falcon (2003)
VivaSymbol
VIVA PIÑATA (2006)
HigurashiLogo
HIGURASHI: THEY WILL DIE - Higurashi: When They Cry (2006)
HIGURASHI: DIE, DIE AGAIN - Higurashi: When They Cry Kai (2007)
WHEN CICADAS CRY: AN IMPROV DUB - Higurashi: When Cicadas Cry (2016)
DTeamSymbol
ANIME: THE ANIME (ALSO DINOSAURS) - Dinosaur King (2007)
EuphoriaLogo
EUPHORIA (CULINARY EDITION) - Euphoria (2011) (18+)
PSOLogo
PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE(ITY) - Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation (2016)
CastlevaniaLogo
DRACULA’S CURSE - Castlevania Season 1 & 2 (2017)
NekoSymbol
CAFES, CAT-GIRLS, AND CAKES - Nekopara (2020)

Special Episodes

Thread Rules

• No isms or phobias welcome here.

• If my take on a show you hold dear is negative, please remember that it’s not a dig on you. Nostalgia can be a powerful thing!

Patreon

My landlords don’t accept YouTube views… and even if they did, I wouldn’t have enough to pay them:

3 Likes

The genocidal hero it all started with…

Spanish Meta-Knight? Flowey Undertale? Police Brutality? All in one series?

Waddle Dees are an arm of the bourgeoisie. I know it hurts but we have to accept this.

Having alternated between a number of the subbed and dubbed episodes with friends, I will say that either form of the show is surprisingly good for a monster of the week/Saturday morning-type series. It’s all pretty good! …other than an episode featuring an expy of a notable TERF author of wizard books you may have heard of. I guess if that’s the worst-aged thing on the show, the rest of it must be pretty solid, at least.

1 Like

After checking out the Kirby anime I decided to watch the (literally) explosive finale. Honestly, it’s not bad!

1 Like

Taking our first foray into straight-up garbage… it’s the failed Darkstalkers TV series!

If the Darkstalkers cartoon had one long-lasting impact, it’s the acknowledgment that everyone finds Rikou strangely attractive… for a fish man.

That, and this shark.
Shark

1 Like

That vibing shark is fantastic and I’m so sad I missed it. :frowning:

Taking my first dip into live action, I try to catch a master thief with the help of a stern chief and an acapella group. Somehow Rockapella only has 5.8k subs, so we should try to rectify that: https://www.youtube.com/user/RockapellaDotCom/

1 Like

Enjoying some high quality content from Sonic’s heyday, as well as this show’s namesake!

As a representative of the Indigo League’s legal department, I’ve been informed that all of my talking points in this video are purely conjecture and should not be taken seriously. Especially within a court of law.

Now the question is:

Did Gary get fake badges, or is he actually so conscious of some of the more dubious gyms in Kanto that he went out of his way to get ten, just to make sure he was legit?

Given what we now know, I’ll chalk it up to the latter. Standards are slipping I tell ya what!!

1 Like

As you can tell by the intro, I have the voice of an angel ~ (Note: Satan was an angel!)

Big thank you to Molb for the Queen Aleena voiceover!

It seems some legends are best left forgotten…

Somewhere, Aerodactyl and Tyrannomon are drowning their sorrows.

A thank you to Lenuell for going the extra mile and creating me a medal!

1 Like

79 episodes? 79 episodes?! When Chip and Ironicus did an anime theater of this I figured it lasted, like, five.

It’s always a shame when it seems like the writers have way more fun with the secondary characters instead of the main ones. Excited Paleontologist Dad and Stoner Mom are baseline way better than Dick Team Anime Kid Trio and Evil Pokemon Organization Amalgamation. They’re not good enough to make me want to watch Dinosaur King, but I do feel bad for whoever could have written a better Saturday morning show than what they ended up doing.

1 Like

Dino Dad and Stoner Mum were given the short straw, no doubt about it.

For anyone curious, here is the commentary in question: https://archive.org/details/AnimeTheater19DinoKingHD

Watching the 2016 anime adaptation(?) of Phantasy Star Online 2. I’m only now realising that by trying out the game and actually enjoying it, I’ve completely fallen into the show’s hands… meh, no regrets: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056640/Phantasy_Star_Online_2/

1 Like

Oh, and regarding the ending stinger, GYNOUG: