There Are a Few Problems - Let's Play Sven Co-op!

Since I’ve never had this opportunity before and I’m taking it; did anyone tried the “I’d like to order the pizza to be a delivery and also I’m in the store so can you drive me there?” thing?

Never did it personally but a lot of regulars at my local pizza place/bar does that.

I’ve never done it. And I never had it done to me. But my coworkers told me of people who tried.

I would say it is an odd thing to do in a normal pizza place. In the cases I’ve seen it’s as I said regulars, people who have been in the pub drinking that night and who knew the staff, which is quite different imo.

God, guys, I’m so full of pizza. I just… I just can’t do another pizza map right now. It’s so much to handle. I promise Panzer and I will get back to pizza at some point but for now that cat is just going to have to wait a little bit longer for delivery because we desperately need a pizza break.

So instead, let’s just chill out and reminisce about one of the greatest games ever made!

spoilers: this is probably not the intended way to relive one of the greatest games ever made

8 Likes

I don’t know why, but the phrase “Link Squad” just absolutely slays me.

1 Like

You know, at least they tried. Badly, but they tried.

Also it occurs to me that the so called best Sven coop mode has been the outright worst. That’s kind of fantastic in a way.

One thing I just can’t understand is the lives system. If you get sent all the way back home anyway, what is the point of having a Game Over state? Like, if the creators tell you straight up to farm for lives, then why include them at all?

Satchel charges. In a Kaubocks and Panzer LP. Oh dear.

1 Like

… oh. Oh dear. You’re right.

You remember that time where, as a wee little kid, you were playing Ocarina of Time for the first time? 3D adventure games were new and it was breaking new ground. You’re venturing deep into this decrepit old tree and it’s like, wow!, this entire dungeon is inside a living thing! This is wild! And then you get to a puzzle where there’s nothing but a torch and a stick and when you light that deku stick ablaze it blows your mind the level of interactivity you’re going to have with this game?

Anyway we’re here to tarnish that memory.

7 Likes

God bless that stupid stick. I know the source engine enough to know that you’re SUPPOSED to be able to just hold it. I guess it…broke.

So we should probably not hold our breath for a Four Swords VR game.

I’m not sure if I’m more impressed by what the Ocarina of Time maps manage to accomplish, or how spectacularly it fails.

I never had friends who were enough into HL to try this, but I’m excited to see what else you’ll find.

This isn’t source, it’s goldsrc.

I feel like I should of specified that “it exists” is about the limit of my knowledge on the source engine and I didn’t actually realize this was different.

The big difference between them, besides Source looking pretty, is that Source lets you hold things and makes them bounce off each other like they’re real. It’s such a difficult thing to do that they had to buy most of the code to do it from Havok.

Let’s take a little chill out time to explore some levels that have no combat. Heck, there isn’t even a goal in these maps-- just hang out and have fun! How bad could we possibly be at this?

Spoilers: We die a non-zero amount of times.

9 Likes

What a genuinely terrible experience that is entirely made up for with a fantastic ending. God bless you, arcade map.

wow what an asshole

2 Likes