The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattBors/status/831362568329453569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I dont see much of Bad Reporter in here.

Wow, Same-sex relationships implied to be worse than capitalistic destruction of the world. I donā€™t have words.

Holy shit, looking through this thread, german conservative cartoonists ainā€™t got nothing on these guys. They are like dirty liberals compared to this stuff.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a long time since a political cartoon absolutely INFURIATED ME but holy cow. Fuck you Glenn McCoy. This is beyond insulting. Shame on him for (a) trying to say these are equivalent and (b) drawing his hideous slop in the style of Rockwell in the first fuckin place. Unreal.

Gee whatā€™s the matter Glenn? Couldnā€™t figure out what to put on the US Marshall armbands, huh? Wow that sure would have been a tricky one. Thereā€™s so few armbands in this world that would be appropriate for this image, huh?

8 Likes

Dagnabbit, Pazazu, I was just coming over to cross-post this. You could at least like my tweet :wink:

Iā€™m a bitch, Iā€™m a lover. Iā€™m a child, Iā€™m a mother.

Hmph. Have some hundred-year old edgelording, then.

1 Like

Man, Jesus owns.

I didnā€™t know the context to this and was wondering what the deal with it was.

And now I know, and I wish I didnā€™t.

If you look, he clearly just traced the original, the lines for the arm bands are STILL THERE in the garbage Deā€™vos one. Not only did he do this awful thing, he fucking traced bits of it.

Itā€™s a minor point and not important at all, but itā€™s just the cherry on top of then metric shit ice cream sundae that is this trash.

HOLY FUCK! I saw that picture and wondered why it was familiar and what the gimmick wasā€¦and now it hits me full in the face. The TEMERITYā€¦the LAZINESSā€¦the utter TASTELESSNESS. I barely have the words.

This is like a kid smearing his snot on the wall to play painterā€¦except without that human touch of innocence or sanity.

As a very broken person whoā€™s been keeping track of the politoons threads since 2011 (that thread and a few others eventually being closed off due to one of the siteā€™s periodic paywalls was what ended up causing me to get an SA account in the first place, weirdly enough), Iā€™m glad to see the tradition of being kept up here as well.

Since I still have them lying around in my imgur files from when I shoddily photographed them to share in Politoons 2013, have some politoons from a political cartoon expo booklet Louisiana State University put out several years back.

David Norwood! I have no real knowledge of this guy, but these sure are two toons, yessiree.

David Horsey! If you are a politoons thread veteran, you may recognize him as the ā€˜Bomb-Ass Tittiesā€™ guy. Dudeā€™s been trucking since the Carter years, though, so thatā€™s kind of reductive. Horseyā€™s a pretty standard old man California liberal as far as politics go, and his art is quite nice.

Steve Kelley! Not to be confused with the Onionā€™s Stan Kelly character, Steve here is the New Orleans Time-Picayuneā€™s politoonist of choice. Heā€™s right-leaning but just close enough to the center that he sort of wildly blunders around between having politoons that are good, bad, or ā€˜mehā€™.

http://i.imgur.com/rH08uzX.jpg

Gerald Scarfe is possibly the most famous British cartoonist. Heā€™s best know for his work on Pink Floydā€™s ā€œThe Wallā€, but you might also remember him for his design work on Disneyā€™s Hercules. Heā€™s 81 years old and still drawing - hereā€™s his take on current US events.

5 Likes

Jesus chrsit that last one. :staredog:

One of the ends shouldā€™ve been Bannon, though.

1 Like

ā€œBless my soul, Trump was on a roll
Blasting putrid shit out from his mouth and his assholeā€

7 Likes

I donā€™t like the excessively vulgar cartoons. It comes very close to ā€œpee pee Doo Doo he is a bad presidentā€