The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

This was my favourite of the anti-equality flyers, which Dan Savage described as “Sodomy Is A Big Red Bell”.

For the record, this sketch was my favourite pro-equality piece, as it’s both hilarious and on-point. (Full disclosure - I know one of the writers/actors, but that doesn’t stop it being the funniest campaign ad I’ve ever seen).

3 Likes

Something I just recently cooked up just a hot minute ago. I love doing caricatures. It’s probably not the same as political cartoons, but just let me know and I won’t post another ever again. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Nothin to regret, s’good.

1 Like

1 Like

Her face says it all, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

I looooooooooooooooooove this! lol

Mike Lester beat his wife.

My apologies, this is a mandatory statement in any politoons thread.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Something to brighten the mood :smiley:

I think the worst thing of this is the “Nine lives matter” sign. But so MUCH of it is awful…fuck.

1 Like

Don’t forget the moon radiation. Because that’s a thing.

I do like that Garrison included the feminist cat that just completely fucks up his metaphor. Are all feminists on welfare? Are all feminists from a foreign country? Who knows! Because Ben Garrison is pathologically unable to follow through on a simple metaphor without making it an overdrawn, overstuffed mess.

The Ben Garrison school of thinking: why make a single cogent point when you can make ten half-baked points and an all seeing eye?

(Also, what’s the deal with the moon in this cartoon? Is it a joke about “haha, California is a bunch of moonbats” or something like that?)

I’m going to assume it’s just an accessory to the at least 4 different islamophobia cats I spotted there.

http://webpages.charter.net/kraorh/moon_god2.gif

Holy shit, how have we not brought up Chick Tracts? Chick is playing DnD in hell as we speak.

3 Likes

Well, I mean, someone’s gotta stop Trump from grabbing all of them

A batch of current American political cartoons, posted for your pleasure:

9 What? No drones? Rall, you are getting sloppy

And also happy Valentine’s Day

Jerry Brown’s nickname is “Moonbeam”, which Garrison included in the comic because it wasn’t already too fucking busy and absolutely needed more clutter