The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

I love Ben Garrison’s fantasy world, where the Earth is flat and 45 is a slightly-sour looking Robert Redford with a bouffant.

This may well be my favorite Chuck Asay of all time, an opus of tone-deaf ignorance and bizarre mixed metaphors. I call it:

Why don’t we just burn the poor for clean, green energy?

1 Like

O-Oh no…not…green energy. An objectively good thing! How…how EVIL to be giving them protection(???)!

How do the people who write these things even breath?

2 Likes

I always like the idea that poor little oil and coal companies are being victimised by “green energy fat cats”. I’m not sure what planet those people are on, but it’s not this one.

Also I like that “batteries” are in the green energy club.

Politcal Cartoonist Pat Oliphant came out of retirement to make fun of Trump and Bannon! I’m not familiar with him, but he’s got a cute style and a good head on his shoulders, it seems.

vvvvv Oops! Old people tho, amirite? vvvvvv

Oliphant has in the past been racist in that “old liberal guy” way, but he’s fine if he sticks to what he’s best at: trashing conservatives.

Piggate was a fun ‘scandal’.

1 Like

A Good Cartoon

2 Likes

This is a good one, in part because it’s made me realize something funny. Assuming that it’s true (which lets be fair, it likely is) it means that he couldn’t be assed to give American’s that job either.

7 Likes

Some stuff from The Nib!
Valentine’s cards from Brian McFadden:

And a super goofy/creepy one called Donald and Jared: A Father-In-Law’s Love by Eli Valley

1 Like

I really like Matt Lubchansky’s stuff on the nib
https://static.thenib.com/usq/35ca96bd-261b-42a6-8910-f8c5cbb31dde/how-to-become-a-paid-protestor-1-db7fa4.png
https://static.thenib.com/usq/e9eb64bd-3528-47c0-b842-6d7b782d4b0b/how-to-become-a-paid-protestor-2-f6bfc5.png
https://static.thenib.com/usq/1ebff09c-536f-4020-9ab7-3a515cbff5f3/how-to-become-a-paid-protestor-3-a75a45.png
https://static.thenib.com/usq/a0183a9d-f61a-4984-80c5-045f634e0d89/how-to-become-a-paid-protestor-4-312d42.png

To balance that out lets see what RedPanels is up to…

1 Like

Friendly reminder that Red Panels can be reported to patreon here!

Don’t forget to mention his bragging about using hate symbols on his own page!

Why does Red Panels appear to take place in the home world of the Bones, from the comic Bone?

4 Likes

I’ve only just now figured out Red Panels isn’t ironic.

1 Like

Red Panels is still ironic in my head cannon. Every comic that I’ve seen from them works well enough that way anyways.

Honestly that’s what I was thinking. Jesus.

I still genuinely can’t see any other message in this cartoon other then “Homosexual couples are exactly as well equipped to raise kids as Heterosexual couples.” If I didn’t know about authors views I’d assume it was pro-LGBT.

2 Likes

In Ireland during the Marriage Equality referendum the No campaigners would constantly tote around this same sorta slogans and it was a nightmare.

I’ll see if I can find a few but they’re not really cartoons, more bad posters and ads that youtube threw in my face during it.

Chuck Asay is the undisputed king of AGC because he just draws things like this and assumes that everyone is as much of a monster as he is and will instantly understand the intended message of “gays are icky”. At least that one Ramirez needed some reinterpretation to become the original Good Cartoon.

That said 2017 is bringing some stiff competition on that front. Asay may yet be dethroned.

1 Like

My favorite part of this particular screed is that it’s the same guy on the left in both shots…but he looks SLIGHTLY happier in the ‘eww gays’ shot. Also, usually Asay codes his gays with little shirts or buttons declaring their sexual allegiance (or just has them appear as straight-up leather daddies), but this just appears to be two middle aged white dudes doing their best to be good fathers. You’d think he’d remember to throw in some of that weaponized swish that offends/entrances right-wingers.

1 Like

Figured I’d post a positive cartoon, since we need one of those I think. At least I assume it’s positive.

8 Likes