The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

[scans thread scans thread scans thread]

Okay, good, excellent, no one has posted my favorite guy. It isn’t exactly about current politics so tell me if I erred there.

Paweł Kuczyński!!! I think he’s got some pretty clever imagery with some subjects but holy shit do his thoughts on the APPARENT totalitarian rule of Facebook crack me UP

1 Like

Mama don’t let your babies grow up to be Pikachu

I adore that Pikachu one. I want to frame it and put it on a wall somewhere. Regardless of political meaning, it’s a really cool piece of surrealist (absurdist?) art.

Is this one from 1860 - 1870 or 2017? Who knows.

Pokemon Go is TOOO popular

https://i.redd.it/vk6hpkvxv4cx.jpg

Gotta be a coverup for something.

10 Likes

I like that the image of the doltish millennial here is of a homogenous black-suited tan-skinned man who actually looks more akin to a businessman in his 40s. I thought our thing was that we did way too crazy stuff to our hair? And shit?

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

A must

10 Likes

I only ever saw Stan Kelly on Twitter shares and had no idea until this day that it was a parody :expressionless:

Oh my god I thought everyone knew by now!! Now go back and read a whole bunch, knowing it’s a parody!

6 Likes

I mean… When you see legitimate ones like

can you blame me for thinking it was real?

I do hope the Skeleton Frat Party is real.

I like Chris Riddell’s bears.

It’s an edit by Rorus Raz, the only good part of the SA Politoons thread.

Yup, it’s an edit of a few Asay cartoons.

Who’s Asay, you, the hypothetical reader may ask? Well, the best way I can sum him up is “every single one of the worst stereotypes of the hateful bigoted grandpa boiled in a cauldron and congealed into a shit elemental”

A small handful of his crimes:

Comparing the Poor to Animals

Mocking a Country That Had Recently Experienced a Mass Shooting

Presenting a perfectly normal or correct thing expecting the reader to recoil in horror

He SUPER Hated Gay People

No, No. Actually He TOTALLY Loved Gay People and Was Just Concerned for Their Well-Being. He Totally Wouldn’t Stone A Gay Person if He Had the Chance.

Hilarious, Egregious Wishful Thinking

Fear-Mongering About Women in the Workplace

Saying the Company That Caused the Worst Environmental Disaster in US History Shouldn’t Have to Pay Restitution

Extremely 0/10 Burns that are Even Too Weak for Your Average Conservative Humor Facebook Page

Placing Himself Firmly in the Anti-Sesame Street Camp

??? (I’m not even sure what this one’s supposed to be. Anti-green energy maybe???)

Thankfully for everyone he retired back in 2013, and may or may not be dead by this point, assuming someone finally found that last horcrux.

5 Likes

The one about the MAGA idiot taunting his friend about how he’s going to die and it’ll make her sad and that’s funny hits just a little too close to home for me because fuck.

I sometimes have to think about who is the satire guy when I see Garrison comics. I’ll see one and wonder to myself who is supposed to be the satire Kelly or Garrison.

7 Likes

Hi, I just took a screenshot of a tweet and drew on it. I think I’m very good at political cartoons, don’t you?

Leftist points out that when the Right says “free speech” they don’t mean it. AGC

…that’s not why you don’t feed the bears. You don’t feed them because you don’t want them to lose their fear of you.
(I realise I’m making the metaphor worse.)

This offends me as both a bear and someone who had to use food stamps.

7 Likes

Is Ted Rall still busy making shitty cartoons on how persecuted he is by minorities?