The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

Surprised the author comment wasn’t “fashion victim” or “you reap what you sow”.

2 Likes

Mom, I wanna be a hackerman.

I love the asterisk letting us know what a black sweatshirt is, it is the latest fad. Also that this mom is clearly way more enthused about this kid being trendy than he is.

1 Like

how about “you reap what you sew”

6 Likes

Ward Sutton’s non-Kelly work is also pretty good, though I prefer his restrained style as Kelly.

3 Likes

I’m bad at posting! So used to lurking :\ Have some more stuff from The Nib that I enjoyed!

From Matt Lubchansky:

And Matt Bors (who has a baby now, congrats to that guy!):

And Jen Sorenson:

Here’s one that’s a gif that I’m too lazy to figure out how to download: https://thenib.com/boiling-frogs?utm_campaign=web-share-links&utm_medium=social&utm_source=link

4 Likes

that gif, for those of us who think clicking links are for the devil:

3 Likes

Time for more Garrison!

4 Likes

Meanwhile, in the UK…

Steve Bell has decided that Theresa May is a combination of Margaret Thatcher, Henry VIII and a clown.

And Matt is feeling political.

2 Likes

This is legit one of the funniest things I’ve seen from him. Like, does he not even know what “drain the swamp” is supposed to mean in this context?

Is it weird that the part that confuses me the most is that Garrison is doing the whole Rothschilds conspiracy theory in 2017?

I mean, I’m not surprised that he’s anti-semitic, but Rothschild conspiracies are sooo 1700s.

Look, I don’t even understand what the fuck he means by “drain the swamp” and I have found nothing and no one to actually help me out on that.

what part of the liberal elite is represented by the satanic octopus enjoying pizza and a hotdog

The Podesta email leak, and pizzagate in particular. I think, I’m not sure where the hotdog came from.

apparently Clinton ordered hot dogs without buns for one of her events, and they were CONVINCED that that line in particular was code for “BRING ME A YOUNG BOY”

At this point I can’t even tell if Garrison is a just massive disingenuous shill or genuinely a Dees-level believe-in-literally-every-conspiracy person.

I think Garrison occupies the same mindspace as Glenn Beck.

Kelly Kartoons!

“Johnnie B. Dead” (possibly NSFW)

"Sting Operation"

I think what really sells that one is the “Heh heh heh!” bit.

An old Kelly strip, suddenly topical again.

And some always-relevant advice.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks Kelly is unrealistic…

2 Likes

The worst thing about Kelly is that there are people who unironically look at his stuff and go “I agree” without any degree of lying or joking around. And that genuinely frightens me.

2 Likes