Streaming in the Game Of - Variety Streaming to Completion (Probably)

I decided it was a good time to do the first DLC. And it would have been, provided I didn’t have the Devil Clock active. But nonetheless, everything up to the boss decimating my whole ass was a fun time.

Here’s the first session of Dark Souls! We make a new character and set forth into the world to be horribly mauled by several demons over the course of the game. That said, it’s not a very painful start for our hero Enid. (Even if I did neglect to target the dang boss jeez why did I forget to do that.)

Alright, the Devil Clock’s off, so the weighted training clothes are… back on? I guess??? Either way, we’re finishing up the 1st DLC, then moving back to Act 2!

It seems this is about the point where the real Dark Souls starts, in that I die a bunch of times and actually have to learn how to play. Yup, I definitely do a perfectly good job of getting a run of Undead Burg down to a science, with absolutely 0 luck factor.

We reach the end of Act II, which means we meet Gaius! Wow, I wish I hadn’t meant Gaius! But with him out of the way, we can at least move on to Act III!

Oh… oh no…

With Taurus Demon quite far out of the way, Enid moves on up to the Undead Parish. Which is a little more difficult than it should be, thanks to the dragon just kinda hanging out on the bridge. So, we’ll have to do with a sneaky detour starting from beneath the bridge.

We’re now deep in Act III. Sam’s detached from the rest of the group (emotionally, if not actually spatially,) and must now overcome her depression with her own strength. But if that sounds like a heavy two hours to experience, don’t worry: there will be plenty of monster beatings and lore readings sprinkled throughout the stream. I can’t not punch these Terrors!

Enid continues through the Undead Parish. The going is tough, but she soon finds herself in new grounds. New grounds where there’s a real big jerk living in the floor beneath the ever-rare friendly NPC, and some guy dancing for zombies in a church. The Undead Parish is a strange, strange place.

Sam has (mostly) come to terms with her anxieties, but this drive isn’t over yet. Sam must still face herself in a more literal capacity. And unfortunately, her mirror self is dysphoria-based smug asshole. But the good news is, we’re about due for the power of teamwork saving the day.

It’s time to wrap up the Undead Parish (kind of) with some pretty strong foes. One lurks in the Blacksmith’s basement, and yet more lurk in wait for anyone trying to ring the first Bell of Awakening.

We continue on through Act IV, and get some nice life philosophy from Grace and Angela. We also tackle the final community requests, which means having to face… the sixty-nine man melee. It is anything but nice.

Another week of Dark Souls brings us to Darkroot Garden, where this session’s challenge is the sleepiest knights you’ve seen around. Also living trees, but they’re more of a nuisance than a major threat.

It’s the finale of Get in the Car, Loser! We draw closer to the Machine Devil, but on the way a strange toy sword seemingly appears out of nowhere in our inventory; a toy sword with a prescient lore bible story. Prescient, and worrying in what it says will transpire.

It’s Darkroot day! We finish up the Garden part of Darkroot, fighting a giant butterfly in order to access a ruined tower. Then it’s on to the Basin, where we get stonewalled by a Rock.

Hey, ya’ll hear about WarioWare? Apparently Wario has friends, and he’s hatched a plan to get them all to host various micro games. Somehow, this will lead to numerous piles of cash.

Today, we fight both Havel the Rock and the Capra Demon. Guess which fight goes better.

(Heads up! The first few minutes of this VoD were muted due to the music I used. Whoops! Sorry Night Walk, can’t use you on stream anymore.)

It’s Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for the PS1! In anticipation of the remaster releasing in July, I decided to play this 'ol classic. Upon accidentally witnessing the kidnapping of a particularly important singer, Klonoa must pursue a shadowy villain and his dumb clown henchman across the land.

Enid takes a few more shots at Havel the Rock, before moving on to the Depths beneath Undead Burg. There, she encounters horrific beasts and the madmen who apparently wanted to feed them. And as it turns out, worse things lurk even further down than that. Slimes, petrifying monsters, and lag all threaten to end Enid’s journey. Or, perhaps, help in the most unlikely of cases.

Joka has overheard the location of the Moon Pendant, and now Klonoa must pursue him in order to prevent the end of the world… and Grandpa.

With Joka down, only Ghadius remains. But as his plans near completion, will Klonoa be able to reach him in time to stop the end of the world?