Steam-Powered Farming - Let's Play Stardew Valley & Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher

Last bit of achievement farming and atrocity-committing before the 1.2 update content next week.

1 Like

Thorn you monster. It just needs to be reiterated what a monster you are to poor innocent slimes.

Also :3: for Jacob singing while dealing with internet issues.

1 Like

Stardew Valley

Time to mush them shrooms and pump them kins. It’s Fall!

1 Like

Slime Rancher

Here’s the last bit of Slime Rancher before the LP goes into hiatus. It will be back once a video’s worth of new content has been added to the game.
We got some damn good fun with the unlikeliest of people, and then a good example of modern games being able to improve themselves post-release.

2 Likes

Stardew Valley

Between blackberries and pumpkins, Fall is being good to me.

1 Like

Stardew Valley

Will my inadvertent procrastination pay off with a still-impressive grange display? Only the single judge can know.

(Updating today instead of Monday due to a CPU failure, and I want my schedule clear ahead of time just in case it’s not fixed on Sunday.)

2 Likes

always go all in on green during the fair imo

29%20AM

Did…did Linus sneak onto the bus just to collect more garbage?

1 Like

It’s illegal for mayors to love. But not for chickens to be blue.

1 Like

“Genderfluid or lazy? You decide! …It’s lazy.”

This could sum up like, 90% of LGBT rep in video games if we’re being honest.

2 Likes

8357 has never been happier.

Baba Yaga, the witch with the house on chicken legs, is from Russian/Slavic folk lore, not voodoo. Voodoo might have incorporated her too of course, but I’ve never heard of that before.

Voodoo is a mixture of Catholicism and a couple African and Afro-Carribean religious traditions. No Baba Yaga here, except insofar as there’s nothing stopping people who practice voodoo from liking Slavic mythology.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought, but I didn’t want to state something I wasn’t certain about. I mean, there are a lot of versions of Hoodoo and Voodoo after all.

Something I’ve wanted to do as an addition to this thread since the beginning is take a look at a similar game that I’ve enjoyed for many months now, and which Skippy Granola recently picked up himself: My Time at Portia. It’s a crafting/construction game in the vein of many such games on Steam right now, (Rust, ARK, Minecraft, etc), except the crafting isn’t a hollow replacement du jour for an incomplete concept. Crafting is the point, and so, the developers, Pathea Games, built the game around it and populated it with its own unique art direction, characters and worldbuilding. The result fits nicely between Minecraft, Animal Crossing, and a bit of Stardew Valley.
Portia is still in early access, but the devs are constantly adding to it and improving the quality-of-life, and though yes, it can be pretty grindy, it’s already a relaxing and engaging game that Skippy and I both recommend. If that doesn’t convince you, then at least enjoy our adventures with grumpy, honey-voiced grandma Lurmph.

Nothing like a prick rival you can’t befriend.

Also no, Sam’s not Tiana. She doesn’t voice in this.

1 Like

Where does Lurmph fall on the Best-to-Pubert power scale?

She’s somewhere on 8357’s level. Similar abilities, similar approach and strength at combat.

Is Lurmph an alien too?

Stardew Valley

Fortune favors getting your ass kicked by flying snakes.

1 Like