Pokémon: 801 Species in 20 Years

Screw the pokemon Sun hack it’s feels crazy tedious.

In other news there’s gonna be new pokemon merch

Folks are connecting it to being a hint at Stars. Which would be super cool if it came to the Switch.

1 Like

Maaan, I remember when a bunch of people thought that they had confirmed Pokemon Z, and Pokemon Grey before that.

They’re even selling a miniature version of Lillie’s duffel bag. And Cosmog plushies to imprison inside it!

3 Likes

Maybe in Pokemon Stars Lillie actually gets to battle you.

And a challenge mode like B2/W2 where they make it a little more difficult without just making every trainer a slog that expects you to EV train on the first island like some mods that I may have given up on.

For those poor souls who haven’t heard the Magikarp Song yet:

2 Likes

Four more Mega Stones have been released for Sun&Moon. Use Mystery Gift and put in the code AZUL for the mega stones for Pidgeot, Steelix, Heracross, and Houndoom

1 Like

Okay, but when is my boy Azumarill getting a mega evolution? I need my buffest of boys to become even buffer.

1 Like

Pokemon Sun and Moon recently updated to 1.2, which means the battle videos I wanted to post here from the 2017 International Challenge April won’t play on the latest update. But that won’t stop me from writing about it!

For this competition, I did the minimum 3 battles needed to get the Mega Stones early, and actually won 2/3. Not bad, considering I forgot everyone was competing for Championship Points, meaning I’d have to face a lot of the same pain-in-the-ass top-tier Pokemon. I was sick of Tapu Fini after dealing with it once.

My Celesteela ended up being my team’s MVP, especially in battle 2. The opponent KOed everyone else, so it was just Space Bamboo versus their three remaining Pokemon. I figured I was dead, and they had their own Celesteela, so I just played normally and waited for a loss.

Their Celesteela went for the kill. Mine hung on with 1 HP. That’s all I needed to turn the battle around, because mine had Leech Seed, Protect, and Leftovers. Theirs didn’t. So I leeched and re-leeched as the other person switched their Fini in/out as needed to restore Misty Terrain, while I waited for something to counter the ultimate space fortress.

Their Celesteela didn’t have Flamethrower. Mine did. Bamboo Princess carried that battle. Now I like a legendary. Then battle 3 came, and Alolan Raichu with a Life Orb totally destroyed my Celesteela. Alolan Raichu is good I guess!

But I think I’ll skip participating in future competitions that give out Championship Points. Fighting those teams was tiring as hell.

I love the name Bamboo Princess: A+ naming

So who else has been playing the Magikarp Jump game all day?

1 Like

Probably not the best idea to do that Direct after all the rumors around a Switch release.

Apparently there was a brief window where there was a TBA Switch date listed on the USUM page on the Pokemon Website?

I mean seriously I’m just waiting for an excuse to get a Switch this would make me march out to the Gamestop and grab one of the Switches I know they have in stock ASAP

I’m relieved that the next mainline Pokemon game isn’t a Switch release, because I’m poor. Sort of expected Pokemon GS on VC, hope USUM are sequels like B2W2.

Also, the next online competition? Tiny Tourney. Only qualifying Pokemon 1.0m/3’03" tall and under can be used, including transferred mons. I can use my Icy Wind Clefairy! :tada: They also added Tiny Tourney as a downloadable rule set, so you can enjoy it anytime.

Now where’s my Little Cup, dammit?!

1 Like

I need a friend to play Pokken with so I can justify buying Pokken again

Reminder that denial of a game’s existence is just a denial that it’s been announced.

Pokken coming to Switch fills me with joy and now I have to buy a Switch…

I wonder if a few more console exclusive characters will be added before launch instead of just Decidueye because I’m still secretly hoping that Zangoose will be playable.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there also Croagunk?

Croagunk, Scizor, Darkrai, and Empoleon are all from the arcade version of the game and never came to Wii U.

Decidueye was added for the DX port.

1 Like

So they’ve confirmed a mainline Pokemon title for the Switch, but it’s at least a year out.

So everyone, go and find a Switch. This may take at least a year to find a place that has them in stock.

2 Likes

Pokemon, Kirby, Metroid, and more…

the Switch’s future is looking bright