Marth Goes to War With His #1 Fan - Let's Play Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Bonus Part 3: Conversations at the Big Bridge

Oh hey, I’ve actually caught up on bonus videos, (for the span of precisely two videos.)

We start picking up a lot more characters that I’ll actually be using, which means more conversations. But first, we murder Ceasar and Radd for a bit. Gotta get the rough stuff out of the way before talking to your friends.

1 Like

Part 19: Elre-enactment

The Altean Army enters Khadein, and at last see the reason for their previous battle; Elrean, now in charge of Khadein’s mage corps, is in league with Archanea. And currently, it seems he’s having hissy fit an argument with his long time rival, Merric. Marth must now save his friend, and perhaps convince Elrean not to be a jackass while he’s at it.

New Characters

1 Like

Part 20: We Are Roro

The Altean Army must march to the north in order to obtain the Lightsphere, but before they begin their journey they have an ally to rescue. Horace, a knight once in service to Princess Nyna, has been cornered by the mysterious masked man, Roro. Although there are no other soldiers in sight, there’s more than enough Roro to fill the building, and Marth and company quickly find themselves surrounded by a multitude of a single man.

New Characters

2 Likes

Let Michalis say fuck.

Edit:
Fefnir in this LP: Hats are great.
Fefnir on Twitter: Hats are garbage, actually.

Just like war, the platonic ideal of hats is something I’m fine with through the medium of Fire Emblem, but it can fuck right off in real life.

edit: Here’s Michalis doing a cuss.
Frick

dang

3 Likes

Bonus Part 4: Conversations in the Desert

You know when you condense an entire arc down to one video, you start to realize that the Khadein section is extremely short. Even so, we finish up the supports with the (present) Whitewings, and start a few new ones as well.

2 Likes

Part 21: My Way or the Anri’s Way

One of the assassins has been taken care of, and the Altean Army moves on to the Marmotord desert. It may only be the first leg of their journey to Gotoh, but the desert they’ve arrived in is already harsh, and the enemies that bar their way fierce.

New Characters

2 Likes

So, I opened the New Characters collapse before watching the update, and I completely forgot that Jake Sucks™, so I saw all those growths and thought, “Wow, what a strong man.”

I was not prepared for the introduction.

Also, wow, those promotion gains Ryan got. I know that 22 Strength is absurd, but I feel like gaining 5 points in Skill and Speed is broken in its own right.

1 Like

Yeah, Ryan, and Snipers in general really, are A Lot. They make up for the low movement of archers, (not as much as Horsemen, of course, ) and then they basically just crit forever.

Ah, I see we found Drake of the 99 Dragons lesser cousin Jake and the 11 Wyverns

Don’t mind me, just making note of this because I’m predictable.

Part 22: More Fun Than a Barrel Full of Dragons

The Altean Army moves on from the desert, but they haven’t escaped the heat just yet. Now, a massive volcanic wasteland lays before them. Within it dwell degenerated dragons and the humans leading them around by the collar. With Xane as their guide, they press onwards into danger.

New Characters

4 Likes

I forgot Xane existed. Probably because they just vanish all the time in their endings.

His(/their?) shapeshifting antics and general look always confused me in my youth. He is very pretty. And now he interests me more because he is very pretty because he’s a divine dragon with unique loyalty. Intelligent Systems could/should explore this more.

Edit:
Nice.

You don’t say.

Xane

Xane’s a really interesting character in this game, and we haven’t even gotten to my favorite conversation with him yet.

2 Likes

Part 23: Chiller Killers

With the volcanic lands now behind them, the Altean army nears the end of their journey to Gotoh. But this new environment is harsh, and to make matters worse the dragons guarding it are even more powerful than those they had fought before. The Ice Dragon Shrine is close, but the Altean army will have an uphill battle to face before they reach it.

New Characters

1 Like

Part 24: So In-Klein-ed

The assassins have tailed the Altean army all the way up to the Ice Dragon Shrine, but thanks to a timely intervention from a former ally, they were not caught unaware. Now, Marth and company must rescue their friend and defeat the assassins. However, with a blizzard starting to rage, it would seem Altea is fighting at a disadvantage.

New Characters

2 Likes

I really like the song that plays when Iris talks with Ogma chapter 13. That map looks like solid nonsense.

Caeda: Marth when the war is over will we…?
Marth: Yes we must devote all our energies to the reconstruction.
Caeda: No, Marth, will we fuck?

1 Like

Part 25: Einhänder

Some time between the War of Shadows and the War of Heroes, Eremiah’s assassins were tasked with killing the last of the Soothsires, a band of cutthroat brigands who Marth had fought in the previous war. Although experienced, Eine and her companions are vastly outnumbered by the remaining rogues. With their forces only being comprised of a sage, a sniper, and a small handful of Roros, our heroes villains are in for a rough fight.

3 Likes

Part 26: Zodiac Arrest

At last, the Altean Army arrives at the Ice Dragon Shrine. Gotoh is close, but plenty of foes still bar the way to the sage. Marth must pass one final test before he can learn of the… mystery of the emblem.

Why yes, I have been waiting all this time for that title drop. Why do you ask?

New Characters

2 Likes

Tiki is a good friend who did me good in this game.

Also all those 0 stat levels were painful to watch.

Yeah, that’s one of the reason I don’t like stat caps all being 20 at first. Characters like Caeda suffer a lot when they max out their good stats early and get super unlucky down the line.

And I got so very unlucky this time around.