Let's Play Mouse Guard: a Six Feats Under campaign

Holy shit, Isolde.

1 Like

Mouse Guard 2e is deal of the day at Drive Thru, so you can join in the fun cheaper than ever: http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/166655/Mouse-Guard-RPG-2nd-Edition?src=hottest_filtered

In this episode of Mouse guard, it turns out that Isolde was secretly hulk.

Well dang, I subscribe to the DriveThruRPG deal of the day but not DriveThruComics.

Anyway, this was a great episode! Some of my favorite things:

Everybody’s goals were great and adorable, good job mice!

It feels like everybody’s gotten used to the combat system to the point that they spent more time talking about what to do from a roleplaying/in-universe strategy perspective than they did from a game mechanics perspective, which makes for much better radio (that may have happened in previous combats but I was thinking about it after watching a livestream last week where new players were learning the system).

I got chills when everybody seemed safe and the owl appeared. 2spook4me

The Owl’s theme is amazing. It’s a good, ominous song, but the hoots really make it.

2 Likes

Hey there folks, North Patrol’s summer adventure is going to be a little bit delayed, due to a scheduling snafu. So instead, today’s Six Feats Under episode is another for Fellowship: To Winter’s End, and we’ll have Mouse Guard for two weeks in a row after that to get our schedule back on track. So our update schedule ahead is looking like:

Aug 26: Fellowship 6
Sept 2: East Patrol 1
Sept 9: West Patrol 2

But in the meantime, we have a twitter control poll up on our Patreon! If you follow us on twitter, you’ll know Barnold was in charge for the past month, they did a great job. So help us decide who should be in charge for September!

And next weekend, on September 2nd, from 10am Central to 10am Central, is Gextra Life 2! Our very own Grant will be part of a 24 hour charity drive for Hurley Children’s Hospital, along with Chip Cheezum, Voidburger, and Snugglebeast. They’re playing a wide variety of animal mascot platformers, and it should be very good. So if you can, try and stop in for a bit!

1 Like

I’m finally caught up! I really enjoy how cute this game and campaign are. All of the players seem committed to making the game as adorable as it can be.

Which is why I’m super excited for the Overlord to come in to conflict with them. I don’t like relentless grimdark, but I do like tonal clashes. I love seeing a vile, despicable, monstrous villain force their way into a cute setting, and the Overlord is fitting that role to a T. The fact that Ikks is clearly enjoying herself makes it work all the better.

And that owl was terrifying! I’m impressed that a couple of hoots was all it took to get my heart racing.

3 Likes

Just caught up today. Never really felt a desire to buy this game before listening. The world seems so wonderful and neat!

Question: In early episodes you mentioned mixing up the patrols, and Gwendolyn mentioned it in the first west patrol episode, but it looks like summer 1148 will have same patrols. Will they be mixing/interacting more in the future, or focusing on themselves?

It’s still the plan, but between the seasons we decided that each patrol still had more to develop internally. They had just gotten to know each other and shuffling everyone now would mean starting over fresh rather than digging deeper. Once more Summer episodes go up I think you’ll see what we mean. There will be a shakeup in the future, but not this season.

2 Likes

Being on East and editing West 1 and 2, I do want to say that the teams sticking together for one more season turned out super good and we have a lot of character development from the start. Also crying. Hope y’all like tearing up when West 2 goes up.

2 Likes

mouse_guard_MARX
Summer 02 - East Patrol’s Summer Vacation

Last season’s crew of Tander, Francisca, and Marx has reunited once more, with another mission for the newly-forming town of Wildseed. With the wind blowing softly and the summer sun shining bright, East Patrol finds themselves on a lovely, leisurely trek to Shorestone to pick up some refugees.

Francisca is played by Riley. Marx is played by Gnome. Tander is played by Drakkel. And our Games Mouse is Grant.

Music performed by Thylacinus. Today’s episode was edited by Gnome.

If you’re listening to this episode today, Sept 2nd starting 10am Central, Grant will be part of a 24 hour Extra Life charity stream, happening right now! Hop on over to Gextra.life and check it out! You can come back to the mice later, they aren’t going anywhere.

5 Likes

For reasons about which I can elaborate when I am less tired and more articulate, the piece that starts playing around 18:48 in this episode means a lot to me. I like the piece so much I documented the lead part as tablature here: “Variations on a… why is the Mint Gelato theme in Mouse Guard?” The whole piece is based around that part in the tablature played on either classical or acoustic guitar, or as I did it in the actual recording, baritone ukulele.

There’s a couple places where it’s not entirely accurate as I improvised a chord change or two, but it’s 99% good. So, if anyone is learning guitar or bari uke and needs something to practice or play along with, there you go.

2 Likes

I feel like this group keeps getting put into situations where there is just too many mice for them to handle. This is bigger than the initial caravan and we had six mice on that group.

1 Like

mouse_guard_ZEKE
Summer 03 - West Patrol’s Strong Hearts

Zeke’s past has caught up to him, and he’s determined not to let it catch up to anyone else. As determined as he is to leave the patrol, others are equally determined to see him stay. How strong do the bonds of friendship hold?

Lily is played by Eliza. Sable is played by Arden. Isolde is played by Poor Weather. Zeke is played by Devious Vaccuum. And our Games Mouse is Grant.

Music performed and scored by Thylacinus. Today’s episode was edited by Riley.

3 Likes

The relief in everyone’s voice when Zeke started angrily delivering mail was perfect.

After this episode, I really want the owl to fuck up someone who isn’t Zeke. If this is his reaction to the owl being spotted, I really want to see how he reacts to someone actually being hurt.

1 Like

Honestly no clue how the grudge-owl fits into the weasel cold war concept, but I am now super eager to find out! Also looking forward to finding out more about Isolde. I get the feeling she has a rich internal life we haven’t fully seen yet.

2 Likes

I kind of want to see diary entries from Isolde, which much like internal angry sable would be funny.

3 Likes

… Okay so the moment a song about the power of friendship was mentioned my mind immediately jumped to We Can from Sonic Heroes, the most blatant power of friendship song in existence.

Then after getting that song stuck in my head and I had to do my best not to cry on a train. I’m glad this mouse family is getting along and I hope the owl respects their bond of trust.

Raise your hand if you cried, or almost cried, at the end of this episode :raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

Tonight, on a very special episode of Mouse Guard…

I enjoy the silly antics of the Lther patrol, but really West Patrol best patrol.