Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Yes, I would like to leave the cube.

1 Like

Well I wanted to leave the cube and so I did.

And now we move onto the final main board. Koopa’s board is still just as nice to look at, and still not to frustrating to work with. As a heads up, this video is gonna get real. Like Mario Party 2 levels of real. But there’s a really good pay off for it as we start working things out.

Also voting is still a thing. We’re getting close to the end so those votes count!

1 Like

I apologize to anyone who may be voting for me.

Well sorry for believing in you Michael.

Buuut seriously, this board was… wild. I think it’s going to come down to either Happening spaces or chance time. Because DK’s definitely got the coin star, and Luigi’s about to get a third star. So I’m just going to assume that no pleasant surprises are going to happen to the human players, and therefore Luigi will pull the first win we’ve seen in a long time.

I’m basically banking on Calli not getting any more Happenings, but considering the luck thus far it’s seeming kinda likely.

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like one of the computers are gonna scam they’re way to victory.

1 Like

By my count Calli still has the advantage. She has one of the bonus stars, she has a star already, she’s the closest to being able to buy the next one, if she gets forced upwards she’ll have either a shot at the pipe and Boo or another turn at the item shop for a lamp or crystal ball, and if she goes down she will most likely get the star before anyone else, if not also land on a happening space on the way there. Luigi is only up because he got an extra star, but he has no bonus stars incoming yet and no coins. DK has the coin star by a healthy margin but it doesn’t look like he’ll ever get to spend them on anything worthwhile. And Michael is on considerably hard times.

Anyway, I’m not sure how you can say that it’s a good board when most of you have only seen about a quarter of it because it forces you to flip a coin to determine whether you can progress or not. It even drains your coins as you go; this is actually worse than Peach’s Birthday Cake. Sure, that board would literally force one in four players to see Bowser, but at least two in four players had decent odds of not seeing him.

Toad traps multiple people in the starting loop for turns at a time. Shy Guy traps you on one half of the board and also locks up half of each side behind pipes. Goomba has two gateways that trap you in loops forever or kick you back to the start to either lose coins or take a totally random spin at getting to the star. (The Great And Powerful) Boo (Our Lord, Fear Him) is…an Absolute, Stunning, Smashing, Host, Of, Lovely, Events… And Koopa’s board is not only tiny, but sticks you in the top half and never lets you leave.

Literally the only reason Luigi got his first star was by pure chance (and the second one, too). Other players with enough coins got there first, but he got through on luck. The physical design of the boards is not the place for randomness. Locked gates, money gates, both are fine to include because they always put control in the hands of the player when they’re moving around the board so that the only thing uncertain is which space you end up due to the dice roll. But, like I keep saying, any board that moves the player without them having any input is poorly-designed from the get-go.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to decide on my vote for kind of a while now. Between Luigi’s stars and no coins, DK’s coins and no stars, and Calli in the middle, I couldn’t make a decision. But now, I’ve come to the conclusion that Luigi’s lack of coins means he’ll have a hard time getting more stars, and being in the lead puts a target on his back. Meanwhile, even though DK has all those coins, he needs to convert them into at least a couple stars to win. And then there’s Calli, who has a star and a good chunk of coins to get another one, plus that whole human intelligence thing that Luigi and DK lack.

So, in other words, I’m voting Calli.

1 Like

So here were are in the very real finale of Koopa. I like the board because even though it still has the movement mechanic that all the others have had, it’s at least a simple board that is either putting you up or down. You can still pick which half you want to be on left or right, with only a few happening spaces taking you where you may not want. But even then it’s not a long trek back to where you were headed. It’s pivotal around the middle. Also it’s beach theme and we all know about me and beaches.

Next time won’t be as real.

2 Likes

My feeling on labels is to not bother with them. Define who you’re attracted to, who you love, by…just saying that you feel that way about the particular people.

1 Like

I can’t believe we’re already on the last story mode video. Bowser has ‘stolen’ all of our presents and we have to win to get them back. His board is pretty interesting. It reminds me the most of some previous Mario Party design. Sort of like 1 but less punishing in a way. Still has that movement thing going on in all of these boards.

2 Likes

“We’re a couple of dorks.”
“But you’re my dork.”

I feel like there’s a limit to how unconditionally supportive you can be of your children as a parent. That limit is typically “when you’re neglecting your own wants and needs,” the same as with most relationships. Parents who expect their young to be grateful for their existence are horrible, yes. It also isn’t helpful to have parents who feel like they have to be infallible superheroes to their children at all times. Parents aren’t superheroes, they’re just people. They have their own wants and needs, and the key is raising the child to value another person’s wants and needs just as much as their own. Not more than their own, not demanding obedience, just asking them to understand.

Raising a child is teaching them how to examine and express their negative emotions in a healthy and communicative way instead of bottling them up for an explosion at a later date. It’s showing them that there absolutely can be behaviours one person (child or adult) has that another finds unacceptable and that those lines of acceptance, those breaking points, are not static, that they will easily change depending on a dozen different minute factors you aren’t even conscious of. It’s helping them feel empathy for one another, respect for the people around them so that if another person tells the child that some behaviour is unacceptable to them because it has a concrete negative effect on them, the child will want to change something about either their own behaviour or the situation so that both or all parties’ needs are being met in a no-lose outcome.

Ideally an entire generation of kids would be raised like this together so they all perceive that kind of open and honest communication and conflict resolution as totally normal and then pass those lessons onto the next generation. At least, that’s what I learned from my mum, who took P.E.T classes a couple of times and now teaches them. Shockingly, good parenting skills are applicable in most everyday situations. Changing how you’re used to approaching those situations for years is really hard, though, so you often find yourself slipping back into old, destructive or manipulative and toxic habits.

Secondly, nobody cares about what happens in Mario Party. That’s how you survive playing Mario Party. I don’t understand why a person would want to hear about what happens in Mario Party. I’d much rather hear about how sexy my voice apparently is in my Let’s Plays. That said, Fez is kind of an easy pitch for “a good voice can do anything,” it’s a soothing, visually and mentally stimulating game in the first place.

Third, the only thing I actually took from that car story was that roads need more roundabouts.

Fourth, thongs are and will always be the things you put on your feet, bring it.

Anyway, I don’t begrudge Bowser boards for being terrible to move around normally, but it literally traps one player in a tiny loop for potentially three turns.

If I had to guess, they probably wouldn’t make Bowser charge at you if you were close enough to him, instead favouring the flame breath or the boomerangs, but that’s just a guess. The tell for the charge is that there isn’t one; the other two have massive wind-ups, but the charge just happens. As long as you’re moving perpendicular to him you can avoid him. As far as keeping him in place to hit him, I’m not sure of the best way to describe it, since I only ever beat story mode in this game once.

1 Like

I am liking a lot of what I’m seeing up above. There’s a lot of things I need to learn still when it comes to being a parent.

I mean. I’ll tell you on repeat if you need me to.

Thinking back on these boards, I really don’t mind this particular trap. For what ever reason the first loop in Toad just seems obnoxious but here I don’t have any issues with it.

1 Like

Oh, right, also: cake and volleyball.

wish granted.

1 Like

So this is the last bonus episode to Mario Party 4. We finish off the rest of Whomp’s single player games. These ones are actually pretty fun. A lot of this bonus stuff was hit or miss. I’m glad it had more hits though.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you try the Bowser chant in Doors of Doom?

1 Like

I totally should have. That might have actually worked out for us then.

And so, we are now onto the final week of Mario Party 4. Bowser’s Gnarly Party Multiplayer. Who will win? And who will win the voting. Please keep in mind that voting will only go until 7pm UTC-7 on Wednesday March 21 this time. And then we will have the last episode of this game on Friday. Good Luck Everyone!

1 Like

Voting for Michael

1 Like

You haven’t specified the point values of the different guesses. Is a power star worth more than the mushrooms or Ztar? Is the final vote worth more? If neither are true, there’s literally no way for Eddie to not win.

Anyway, Calli is likely to be stuck in the first loop, while the other three will get stuck in the second loop until they change the bridge direction. Unless somebody hits the jackpot at the lottery, Calli will probably hold onto the minigame and coin stars, nobody will get the happening star again, and it will be a race to see if Calli can buy a lamp or if Michael can cross the bridge first. So assuming she doesn’t keep looking at her phone during minigames, Calli has the advantage.

I thought I had at some point, but if not here we go!

Each star is worth a single point. The bonus items are worth no points, but instead put you ahead in the case of star ties. This is why if you look at the points board, Kilza is above Technowolf despite both having 3 stars. So in the case of Eddie. He has 4 Points and Three Bonuses. You have 4 Points and 2 Bonuses. But the Bonuses don’t trump the Stars. So if you guessed right, and he guesses wrong you will win with the 5 Stars. But if you both guess right, or both guess wrong, or you guess wrong and he doesn’t vote at all he will win.

1 Like