Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Voting for Michael.

1 Like

You know, I’d be lying if I said winning the voting wasn’t my goal here. But I’m also here to have fun, and I think drama would be more fun than playing the system.

In other words, I’m voting for Michael. Besides, that was my pick after watching the latest video anyway, before I read any posts.

1 Like

Well then I reckon I’ll have the most correct guesses, although I’m not sure if there is any reward behind correctly guessing that.

2 Likes

Oh. Also, for those that aren’t in the Discord, Rally Pigeon has been getting Poison Mushrooms from doing non votes. Like his two votes for RadicalEddie. These are actually negative points. Not that he really cares because he’s just having fun and I don’t think actually watches the LP anyway.

1 Like

I’m just gonna vote for Calli this time.

1 Like

Only 4 hours left to vote

1 Like

So this is the end. It’s crazy that we’re already done 4. I hope everyone enjoys this ending, as well as the credits. I really liked them. Also. We’ll be taking a one week break between this and Mario Party 5. So let me know all your final thoughts on Mario Party 4!

1 Like

I’m in it to (not) win it!

I’m still a little iffy on MP4’s boards, and the mini/mega gimmick feels a little underdone, but the minigames are definitely solid. They’re probably some of the ones I recognize the most outside of MP6 or DS.

1 Like

chuckles to self
Wait till we get to Mario Party 5. You will sorely miss Mario Party 4.

Anybody else see Michael totally collude to prevent Calli (and me [and me]) from winning by letting Bowser show up? I certainly did.

I can’t help you on Mario and Luigi’s ages relative to each other, I only majored in Mario Party.

As for Boo, if I used an emulator I could see what happens when you press the A button on every other frame, but I mainly don’t want to. Also, recall that the hard computers in Mario Party 2 could lose only about 10 coins. The two schools of thought are that pressing A can make the total coin loss vary from below 10 to 30 coins, or that it can only influence about 5 coins and that the number of coins you have beginning dictates the range that will be stolen.

1 Like

And here we are at the start of Mario Party 5. Gonna be straight up on this one. We’re not really enjoying 5. It takes a while before we actually start enjoying the game sadly. This is mostly a warning for the first Multiplayer next week. It does not go well. I’d say we’ve come around a little bit on it, but we both agreed if we did a top 5 of the games we’ve done so far, we would not have 5 on it.

That said, what do I like? I like that the Story Mode actually feels like it’s own thing this time. The mechanic, while possibly frustrating can also be completed rather quickly. Which is really nice. The other nice touch is that all the boards have a regular and story mode size. This feels like the first well thought out story mode. With all that out of the way, enjoy.

Our first Bonus is right away though! Vote, Calli, Michael, or Computer?

1 Like

Completely random guess, but I’m going to say Calli.

1 Like

In the next two games you can throw your capsules orbs behind you, but in Mario Party 5 you can only throw them ahead of you up to ten spaces, so you are always at-risk of activating the trap you yourself set.

The capsule system is great and a true vision of the uncontrollable chaos that Mario Party deserves at all times. Here’s a handy guide to the capsule colours the game never makes clear:

• Green capsules are based on movement. A green capsule’s effects will either move you directly or affect your movement in some way.
  • Yellow capsules involve your coins. Usually they’re going to take your coins. Or everybody’s coins. Somebody’s coins will change.
  • Red capsules screw with capsules. Only a couple of capsules do this, either swapping or stealing or destroying capsules altogether.
  • Blue capsules tend to do stuff with stars that are already in play, like stealing them or duelling for them or moving the star space.
  • Bowser capsule adds a Bowser space, pretty sure on a red space, which is always fun for everybody.
  • Miracle Capsule is the best garbage to ever be created.

Mario Party 5 is great and I loved it a bunch when I had it as a tiny human. It’s the last party to have stock-standard boards before Hudson decided each board needed a gimmick around how you even get the stars, it’s got the most unique and unpredictable item system that is probably the first and last time they ever genuinely tried to significantly change up how the game played in their entire run with the series, the mini-games are mostly fantastic with two or three random exceptions, it has one of the most out-of-left-field bonus modes, and a story mode with more than ten seconds of effort put into it.

The only thing that’s a significant step backwards is that DK is not a playable character anymore, but I’ll get to that later.

I don’t recall having an issue with the story mode, 'cause I remember getting to the final battle and being confused that it wasn’t the Bowser Cube from the previous game. You just have to win lots of minigames, like always.

Anyway, the best way to play Mario Party 5 is to turn off game explanations, always activate the capsule machine when you pass it, and always throw capsules when you hold them, never use them on yourself. Specifically, always throw capsules with a somewhat negative effect on blue spaces and capsules with a somewhat positive effect on red spaces, if you can. Not only should every space do something (the best 5 turns event), but you should never have a wholly good outcome on a space.

Since I know there are a few button-mashing minigames, as well as some rumble reaction minigames, and some totally random minigames, I think Michael could pull out a win.

1 Like

I think I’m going to vote Calli.

1 Like

I’ll vote Calli.

1 Like

We don’t have all the Mini-Games unlocked but we do need to start showing off mini-game things! So here we go! Some Battle, which I keep calling Battle Tower because of the obvious tower we’re standing on. There are definitely some games that each of us excel at more than the other. So it’s going to come down basically to which of them are given to us.

2 Likes

And now we get to begin the Multiplayer. And due to the nature of Story Mode in this game, it’s a board we actually haven’t seen yet. Which is pretty cool. Sadly, like I said before, we’re not super into this game and we take out a lot of frustration of it on this board. So there’s the warning for that. I’m not entirely sure how you’ll be keeping track of what will happen to vote. As there isn’t a Boo, reliable shop, and the boards are harder to keep track of, what we’ll end up doing won’t be as easy to guess. But either way! Vote Away!

1 Like

Well, it looks like Calli’s picking up steam after that rough start, so I’m voting for her.

1 Like

I don’t have a good feel for Mario Party 5 yet so I’m going to play it safe and pick Calli.

1 Like

That’s fair, this is really tough on to get a read on since everything is so different.

1 Like