Let's Play 13th Age: Time to Cry Edition

It’s the ep julia hinted at! I’m enjoying exploring the imaginations of my friends so much! I’ve written so much backstory and lore to help it along all because of how much i really enjoy what we have going! Hope y’all like it.

Heyo, looks like the server issues ate last week’s update entirely! I’ve gone ahead and reposted the links to them in the first post, hopefully no one was thrown by the missing links; there’s still an update scheduled for tomorrow, barring any issues with server stuff. If it doesn’t get posted here, it’ll almost certainly be posted by the end of the day on the podcast’s website.

1 Like

Still hyped for dragon heist! :raised_hands:

update%20banner%20raw
The gang has finally arrived in Forge, a city of wonders, inventions, and profit! As the adventurers split up to explore the city for their own purposes, the forces arrayed against them prepare to claim the hunter’s horn from them. They also receive a dubious honor from the Fey Queen, who seems to be more foe than friend. You’ll find the episode here.

There’s no fireside chat this week, and there’s no update to Apolena’s journal, but you can view the magic items offered by the Fey Queen here, if you also want to share in the player’s pain.

1 Like

I like how Hammer’s getting fleshed out, and I sure hope his other self and the others can be friends. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
There’s nothing like a boss fight to get the adrenaline really flowing, and that’s what this week’s session is all about! Bronzebeard is back, he’s larger than life, and, to be honest, very goofy looking! Oh, also we finally learn what Biddle’s dark and secretive past really is, which causes quite a bit of anger and fear within the party; as a result this week’s fireside chat is all about Biddle. You’ll find the episode here and the fireside chat here.

No Apolena journal update this week, so instead enjoy Bronzebeard in his full glory; created by beezleboob, dijon, and myself, Bronzebeard is actually three separate monsters that operate as one! He’s very rude and was extremely fun to make.

2 Likes

I loved this fight so much and I’m glad everyone can now enjoy my incredibly cursed drawing

1 Like

Bronzebeard’s beard looks like its made of cotton candy.

1 Like

One of the things I said to Dijon when describing Bronzebeard’s head was “he looks real goofy.” Dijon truly brought my goofy vision to life.

It really is too bad that Bronzebeard had to die, what with that fantastic moustache.

2 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
On this week’s 13th Age update, the players requested that they have a nice, relaxing beach episode, so I obliged them! Apolena’s pasts comes back to haunt her in a major way, and the small hamlet of Thorn suffers for it! You can find the episode here.

We also have a short fireside chat this week, wherein Apolena discusses her past with Hugh, and just what happened at Thorn means for the Queen of Hell and his people. You’ll find the fireside here.

update%20banner%20raw
The adventurers continue their journey to the Court of Stars, following an Imperial trade road to do so. But their actions in Forge and Thorn haven’t gone unnoticed, and refugees from those destroyed cities are also joining them on the road, headed towards the first checkpoint in their quest for safety: the city of Willow. But something is rotten in Willow, and the only one looking out for the downtrodden is a mysterious bandit with a strange mystical artifact. You’ll find the episode here.

In this week’s fireside chat, Hugh and Dawn both make deals that they will almost certainly not come to regret! You can find that right over here.

1 Like

I don’t remember if this ever got posted anywhere. Once upon a time, Shoesnak told Dawn a simple little story, and Dawn transcribed his creative efforts. Here’s that transcription.

2 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
This week on 13th Age, the group follows through on their promise to the Emerald Bandit to help free the city of Willow from the iron grasp of the Empire and the Ebon Gauntlet! They’re ready for a revolution and nothing is going to stop them, not even a weird baron and an even weirder captain of the Ebon Gauntlet!

And in this week’s fireside chat, Apolena and Dawn discuss the party’s actions, how they feel, and the aftermath of Willow. Then Dawn has a chat with someone from her past, and gains knowledge she might wish she never sought.

And here is The Author’s beautiful illustrations

And of course his first story as well

2 Likes

Aww, they finally got to accomplish something, with no adverse consequences possible, whatsoever. Also, love those illustrations, they’re perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

update%20banner%20raw
In this week’s update, the party finds themselves in Shadow Port, a hot spot for rebellion and dissent against the Empire and the Tyrant Emperor, thanks in large part to the mysterious Prince of Shadows and the city’s duchess. They also finally find themselves an ally, who offers them all sorts of help, if they’re willing to pay the price.

And in this week’s fireside, Hugh and Apolena sit down for a talk about the rebellion against the Queen of Hell and what it has to do with the mysterious wotan cult they first encountered in Thorn. Hugh reaches a decision about his life, and Apolena does something very, very dangerous.

update%20banner%20raw
The party works to carry out their heist of the Jade Eye, but hits a major snag: Apolena has disappeared into thin air! Thankfully, the Prince provides, and introduces the adventurers to Blaze Fox (yes that’s his real name), a resourceful mustelian seeker with a unique… personality. With all the pieces finally coming together, it’s time for the heist of the Age!

So, to give a quick explanation of what’s going on, Shell had some scheduling issues, so she had to step aside; my friend Heavenator stepped up as our new party member, filling in our open space with the party. I hope you’ll all be as excited about their character Blaze as you were for Apolena!

the heist turned out better than I could have even imagined

1 Like

update%20banner%20raw
This week, the adventurers take on the abandoned Ebon Gauntlet known as Fort Dukane. Something is lurking under the ruins of the once proud stronghold, and Dusk has been sent to deal with it. Unfortunately, she can’t do it alone and enlists the help of the party. But what could be so dire that not even a demon-powered pixie built for war could handle it alone?