Let's Play 13th Age: Time to Cry Edition

I don’t remember if this ever got posted anywhere. Once upon a time, Shoesnak told Dawn a simple little story, and Dawn transcribed his creative efforts. Here’s that transcription.

2 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
This week on 13th Age, the group follows through on their promise to the Emerald Bandit to help free the city of Willow from the iron grasp of the Empire and the Ebon Gauntlet! They’re ready for a revolution and nothing is going to stop them, not even a weird baron and an even weirder captain of the Ebon Gauntlet!

And in this week’s fireside chat, Apolena and Dawn discuss the party’s actions, how they feel, and the aftermath of Willow. Then Dawn has a chat with someone from her past, and gains knowledge she might wish she never sought.

And here is The Author’s beautiful illustrations

And of course his first story as well

2 Likes

Aww, they finally got to accomplish something, with no adverse consequences possible, whatsoever. Also, love those illustrations, they’re perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

update%20banner%20raw
In this week’s update, the party finds themselves in Shadow Port, a hot spot for rebellion and dissent against the Empire and the Tyrant Emperor, thanks in large part to the mysterious Prince of Shadows and the city’s duchess. They also finally find themselves an ally, who offers them all sorts of help, if they’re willing to pay the price.

And in this week’s fireside, Hugh and Apolena sit down for a talk about the rebellion against the Queen of Hell and what it has to do with the mysterious wotan cult they first encountered in Thorn. Hugh reaches a decision about his life, and Apolena does something very, very dangerous.

update%20banner%20raw
The party works to carry out their heist of the Jade Eye, but hits a major snag: Apolena has disappeared into thin air! Thankfully, the Prince provides, and introduces the adventurers to Blaze Fox (yes that’s his real name), a resourceful mustelian seeker with a unique… personality. With all the pieces finally coming together, it’s time for the heist of the Age!

So, to give a quick explanation of what’s going on, Shell had some scheduling issues, so she had to step aside; my friend Heavenator stepped up as our new party member, filling in our open space with the party. I hope you’ll all be as excited about their character Blaze as you were for Apolena!

the heist turned out better than I could have even imagined

1 Like

update%20banner%20raw
This week, the adventurers take on the abandoned Ebon Gauntlet known as Fort Dukane. Something is lurking under the ruins of the once proud stronghold, and Dusk has been sent to deal with it. Unfortunately, she can’t do it alone and enlists the help of the party. But what could be so dire that not even a demon-powered pixie built for war could handle it alone?

Oh boy! That heist was perfect, and Blaze Fox continues to be VERY good. :smiley:

Last third of that Episode was Ace Attorney: 13th age edition.

1 Like

Now I’m imagining Dawn screaming objection at Hammer, who is very confused and slightly hurt by the whole experience. Thank you.

3 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
Standing Rock is, according to the Prince’s map, a safe haven where the adventurers can rest without worrying about the Empire and the Ebon Gauntlet. But instead of a warm bed and a hot meal, Standing Rock is a ghost town, where not even the animals live. What happened to the town, and what does it have to do with the Hunter?

update%20banner%20raw
The adventurers find themselves lost in the woods in this week’s 13th Age! What foul magics have corrupted the Grove of Aven, and how can Hammer purify this once sacred place? Also, where is Squire’s crayon?

1 Like

This ep was really neat! I wonder what else could happen to the other groves, and it’s always nice to get more Hammer lore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s always fun to do a Hammer centric session, because he’s such a sweet boy.

2 Likes

update%20banner%20raw
This week, the adventurers are forced to stop and camp due to a terrible magic storm; Dawn and Hugh finally have a long overdue talk about the Fey Queen, and Hammer tries to help Blaze with his fear of magic storms. Unfortunately, Blaze’s fear is rooted in his past, which begins to rear it’s ugly head.

Hey folks! I got some bad news: no update this week, mostly due to there being no game last week because I had some family issues I had to take care of during the time we usually play 13th Age. To make up for this, sometime tomorrow (Saturday) I’ll be running a one shot of something very special and uploading it either Saturday evening or Sunday morning, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

1 Like

tremors%20of%20tarrin%20update%20banner
In a land far from the Dragon Empire, where strange magical monsters are bound in crystals by talented wizards known as binders, the town of Tarrin is besieged nightly by monsters. At the request of the town’s mayor, the Imperial College of Binders sends Madame Pond and Dick Gumpshoe to investigate and deal with any monsters that are rampaging.

2 Likes

Wow, Heave pulled out all the stops in their character. :open_mouth:

1 Like

update%20banner%20raw
On the edge of the Queen’s Wood exists a city steeped in magic and knowledge, which survives by playing the very Icons that hold up the world against each other. A city of marvels, Suan is home to not just humans, elves, and dwarves, but intelligent undead, demons, and any other number of people and cultures; as long as you work for the betterment of the city and its knowledge, the people don’t care who or what you are. But underneath its surface lurks an evil fey legacy, waiting for its owner to return and reclaim it.

Oh also Dawn is the city’s legendary hero-founder, so there’s that.