L(P)GBTQ Zone - It turns out, we were The Gays all along...

Alright i took the girl pills now i save up for electrolysis. Good thing my hormones are somehow covered under Medicaid.

6 Likes

:toot:

I don’t think anyone here needs to be told this, but here’s some ammo for y’all’s belt.

Sometimes it’s just good to see it reaffirmed.

Edit: I was tired when I posted this and very shortly after realized that study is over a year old. Still, a good read.

1 Like

There were medical practitioners in favor of the disorder classification for treatment and insurance purposes, but it’s barbaric, much more important that they update the way things work to show a basic level of humanity. We recently saw Illinois de-medicalize being trans, maybe we can all live in that utopia some day

2 Likes

This thread and the quoted tweets.
Get in folks.

Aw ye, had another visit with the doctor after 5 months on the girl pills and I just got my daily dose doubled!

I don’t know how much that’s going to affect changes, but I’m excited either way!

2 Likes

my one-monthyversary of girl skittles is drawing near :>

6 Likes

Same here~ it’s actually tomorrow!

5 Likes

Nice! My six-montheryversary is in a couple weeks. c:

I actually can’t wait to see how I look come November, since I’m heading back to a con I went to last year. See how big of a difference there is!

1 Like

My one year was a couple of weeks ago. It’s a surreal way of measuring up the passage of time when it’s basically at the start of the year.

3 Likes

I am so excited for all you peeps!

2 Likes

high five into finger guns

1 Like

hi i’m a trans lady who wandered here when i wondered where all the good SA LPers went post doxxathon 2016. Seems like I’m in the right place. Using a different name here so ppl who have already doxxed me before don’t follow me here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to T H E . Z O N E

The 5th Annual “Gender Census” is open. It was previously called the “non-binary gender census” but now to be more open they removed the non-binary label and just clarifying that it is for anyone who DOESN’T fit into the categories of “Female - all the time, solely, and completely” or “Male - all the time, solely, and completely”.

It is anonymous and asks about the term non-binary, titles and pronoun usage.

1 Like

I am really glad that both LP zone and this thread are still getting posts. Such a positive space!

4 Likes

hi everyone, my gender/sexuality can basically be best described as a long droning tone, or more effectively, “non-binary, not cis, doesn’t date men”

i find it interesting that someone posted earlier in the thread (well… like, a year ago, but yeah) about harvest moon games allowing you to crossdress and artificially create same-gender pairings. rune factory 4 (originally an off-shoot of harvest moon) actually allows something similar - after you beat the main story, you can switch your ingame avatar’s sprite and expression sheet to any character in the game, including the protagonist of the gender you didn’t choose. i doubt this was their intention, but it lets you easily pretend to be a gay girl.

harvest moon actually previously flirted with same-gender relations in prior games. they had a ““best friend”” system built into at least one of the Harvest Moon For Girl (female protagonist) games where you could, instead of a husband, acquire a Best Friend by…doing literally all of the same things you’d do to court a girl in the male version. seeing all of her heart events, giving her gifts, and eventually proposing with a blue feather and having a, quote unquote, ““friend ceremony””. you then live with her and sleep in the same bed as her in your house, and can never have a husband. you can even be gifted a child by the harvest god

they, of course, took it out in the english localization. i’m glad stardew valley exists lmao

6 Likes

Morrowind was a really formative game for me for similar reasons. I didn’t have a lot of the “awesome executions 2000!!!” mods (none actually), but any fashion pack that existed I had, and my female Nerevarines defeated Dagoth Ur many a time kitted out in the gothiest fash from Metal Queen Boutique. I think that was the first game I ever played where I was allowed to make a character I felt connected to on a personal level. They only did what I would do, dressed how I wished I could, were beautiful and powerful women instead of ugly introverted boys.

games are gender therapy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

uuugh i remember being really really in awe of the gender change coffin in Dark Souls 2, its such a silly little thing but I went out of my way to learn how to kill the ogres and the Pursuer just to use it.

3 Likes

My first of that sort of thing was being a cute girl in pokémon Crystal.

4 Likes