Kiss from a Rose, and a Turtle, and a Cop, and Godzilla: Let's Play Chulip!

It’s also difficult since you really want to plan your days out. The clock doesn’t move as fast as you want it to to wait out the night, but it moves too fast to really get a whole lot done in a single day.

they’re funny creatures, perfected by god’s touch of going feral at the touch of a hat

1 Like

I used to work as a husbandry tech (read: basically zookeeper, for a given value thereof) at a primate research center and lemme tell ya: Monkeys are fucking weird. There’s basically no disgusting thing they won’t put in their mouths, they’re cranky as hell, and one of my favorites liked to take swipes at me because he thought getting a reaction out of me was funny (side note: rhesus macaques, the specific monkeys I worked with, carry a form of herpes that can kill you horribly if you’re not careful, so I had a real good incentive to dodge out of the way).

That all sounds like it was kind of a sickening hellscape but actually I liked the job a lot, monkeys are fascinating.

I assume (hope) it wasn’t sexually transmitted.

If you think monkeys are fascinating it explains why you’d watch this group of bozos! That said I’m really enjoying the LP and can’t wait for us to finally kiss Anime.

1 Like

I suppose, theoretically, it could be sexually transmitted, but to even get that far would require some pretty impressive dinner-and-a-movie shenanigans. You’d have to want it, bad. There are better ways to get arrested debasing yourself, my dude.

Real talk version, mainly you’d be worried about scratches and bites. Exposure to poop if you’re REAL careless.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

On the penultimate episode of Chulip, it’s time to hit the big 5-0 and complete all of the kisses in the game! Along with the leftover Underground Residents, we learn a frightening secret about Michelle, and we meet an old resident of Long Life Town that’s having a bit of trouble adjusting to her new life.
Next week: the finale!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Zombie Mika
A lonely zombie living in the cemetery near the Worldly Desires Temple. She has an affinity for tea, though she seems to be having trouble remembering her original recipe.

4 Likes

Zombie Mika’s probably got the cutest design in this game and that’s kinda weird. But really that’s just kind of appropriate for the game, isn’t it?

Excited to see how this’ll end.

I really liked Z. Mika’s story. The relationship between this lion gargoyle and this zombie girl was oddly sweet and charming.

But was she a zombie when they were dating? Maybe that’s why the tea tastes so bad, she’s losing bits of her hand in it.

I was honestly a little worried that the reason why you had to pick up her eye was so that you could use it to make tea that would taste good.

1 Like

I think its because she’s losing her memory and can’t quite make the tea like she used to.

God, this. Hearing these developers also made Rule of Rose explains the unending unease everything this game gives off.

I genuinely thought they were joking about the Rule of Rose thing, but nope; and not only are these two games by the same developers, those appear to be the only games they developed.

We have never lied ever in any video.

3 Likes

This game is part of a much bigger lineage

1 Like

Thanks for that link. I think I may have a new favorite game OST because of it. It’s also nice to understand a little more about where the devs are coming from when they make games like Chulip and others.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

It’s the finale! Today, it’s time for Chorps to finally write a good love letter to Anime. However, things are not quite as simple as they might seem, and Chorps finds himself in search of another mailbox, one that will lead directly to Anime’s heart. It’s time to find out what love means to young Chorps, and what he’s willing to do in order to find his happiness…

Thanks for watching! This was a tough LP to put together but I’ve had a lot of fun sharing this unique and charming game. There’s a lot to be found in Chulip, and inevitably I couldn’t show everything off, but I think I got the most important pieces, especially all of the in-game movies. There will be one more bonus episode coming next week, but otherwise our time with Chulip has come to a close.

6 Likes

This director seems to love having his games end in a very strange, surrealistic way that isn’t explained or elaborated on and I love it.

1 Like

Well that was a lovely little game. As you said, it suffers from ye old adventure game issues, but overall was quite nice.

Incredibly weird and super unsettling at times though. Jeez what an ending. I do like how, at the end, you get sort of one upped. Going along the entire game looking for people’s openings…and then you get kissed!

2 Likes