Kiss from a Rose, and a Turtle, and a Cop, and Godzilla: Let's Play Chulip!

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we caused a lot of trouble in order to get Bell’s kiss, and today we’re going to try and make amends! Goro has been sent to the graveyard for his crimes, and Julie’s been devastated by the news that she may never see her husband again. With a sense of justice and a little bit of civil disobedience, it’s up to young Chorps to do the time in order to save Goro and help to fix a strained marriage!

:siren: ALSO PODCAST TIME! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

Today, I’m joined by my friend qb to talk about a bizarrely beautiful series, Humanity Has Declined! The fairies look a little like Chulip characters, but might be a little more devious and dangerous than even Policeman.

4 Likes

So the Policeman is pretty much a tamer Judge Dredd then; good thing Long Life Town isn’t dystopian enough for him to do as he wants.

Wow check out all these cool crimes!

Edit: Chorps, the podcast link just links to the LP update.

OOPS!!! That should be fixed now on all the places, thanks for pointing it out!

I can’t believe Policeman was secretly the best character in this video game.

I’m still in disbelief that that only way to kiss the cop was by getting arrested and sent to the Hell Prison.

If you were arrested before this point in time, do you get a game over or can you still get out? Also, does getting caught at night give you a stamp, or does that do something else?

I don’t think we got an explanation for who let us out.

If you’re out at night you get shot with a gun. And as far as I know you can just leave if you’re arrested without starting Goro’s arrest.

It is the only thing that makes him happy enough for a kiss.

The universal aphrodisiac, state violence.

3 Likes

I kind of assumed it would be impossible, provided the game only counts each crime once, since you need Goro to be imprisoned for Julie to leave her bar for Thiefman to get the key to her safe for you to steal Julie’s hairpin.

Oh shoot, you’re totally right. So you can’t possibly be arrested more than once.

I suppose that means everything is free game now. Long live Jeopardy Laws!

1 Like

Not to get too real but explain to me what’s unusual about a cop who’s overjoyed at the opportunity to murder a man in cold blood.

3 Likes

Planting evidence is foreplay.

1 Like

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it’s time to recover the last item in the Love Letter Set, the fountain pen! For this task, Young Chorps must prove that he believes in UFOs, and after seeing something crash land into Scarecrow Field, he’ll be led on a path of self-discovery and understanding.
We’re almost at the end, folks!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Alien
An extraterrestrial who crashes into Scarecrow Field. They don’t speak nor understand your language, but there seems to be a connection between them and some artifacts in the area…

3 Likes

This episode contains a high amount of Old Adventure Game Bullshit. Wow! Good thing this game is charming. I didn’t think we were so close to the end of the game. I thought collecting the full Love Letter Set would be the first half of the game or something.

I made a gif. I didn’t have time to optimize it but here you go!

2 Likes

FutureFriends genuine love of monkey and monkey related paraphernalia is heart warming.

Keep in mind though the game goes by much slower when you’re trying to figure out how to do everything and get all the kisses.

I can only imagine what a headache this game was for the slim number of people who bought it at the time it came out, even with most of the solutions spelled out in the manual.