Kiss from a Rose, and a Turtle, and a Cop, and Godzilla: Let's Play Chulip!

You know what they say: if you can smooch a horrifying old denture lady, you can smooch anyone.

Not if she takes your lips.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, young Chorps returns to his quest to recover all of the items in the Love Letter Set, and his mission leads him straight to Funny Bone City. At the farthest point from Long Life Town that he can go, Chorps is given another task by a teacher…

Characters Introduced This Episode

Ad Balloon
A girl floating near the Funny Bone Factory. She’s trying to fly away from the area, but she can’t get enough air. The higher-ups at the factory have decided that her stunts are equivalent to advertisement for them.

6 Likes

Today, thanks to our incredible recruitment skills, the bigwigs at the Funny Bone Factory have given us an opportunity to tour the factory! With our comic book in hand and a lot of time to waste, young Chorps finds himself deep in the heart of capitalism, but what he finds may not match what he saw in the advertisements…

Characters Introduced Last Episode That I Forgot to Introduce

Mr. Saito
A retired teacher who now lives outside Funny Bone Factory. He is well-versed in many martial arts and board games. He wants to see Poor Boy climb the corporate ladder.

Box Man
A philosophical man who lives in a box. He would love to talk about life with someone. Maybe you can get him to open up?

Robot King
An old-school robot toy who commands other toys. He enjoys talking walks late at night.

Mecha Yodzilla
The robotic older brother to Yodzilla, though he’s not much bigger. It seems he’s gotten several enhancements thanks to his time at the factory, including a new roar.

Jigsaw
A kid with a puzzle piece for a head. He feels like he’s missing something in life, maybe someone can help him feel whole.

6 Likes

All the generic workers have the “Henohenomoheji” face, as in “this is the face japanese children draw on scarecrows”. Every named worker has a name made up of the Hiragana that make up the word Henohenomoheji.

4 Likes

Does “henohenomoheji” actually translate as something? I thought it was just the literal kana used to “draw” the face.

Yeah it doesn’t really “mean” anything, it’s just the hiragana characters used to draw the face. So it’s basically a super elaborate emoticon that implies “a generic human face”.

Today, little Chorps was given a letter to deliver during his last shift, so he’s taking the day off in order to pass it along! That’s not all he’ll do on his short vacation to Scarecrow Field though, as there are many kisses to discover there, and at least one of them will provide and fantastic quality-of-life improvement. We also get a small glimpse at the next Love Letter Set mission and help a man find companionship in a common hobby.

Mrs. Iwata
A retired teacher who now lives in Scarecrow Field. She’s a UFO enthusiast and interested in extraterrestrial life. She wants you to believe, too.

Scarecrow
The titular scarecrow of Scarecrow Field. He used to be an important figure within Funny Bone Factory, but has since retired. He’d love to know what his friends are up to.

Miss Clam
A lady living in a clam shell. She seems a little under the weather, and she has difficulty opening up. Maybe you could do something to warm her up first.

Target
A rich guy who’s under fire from a Sniper. He’s scared to go out, but he also really needs to use the bathroom.

Sniper
An assassin out to kill Target. He has incredible accuracy and range, so be careful around him. He won’t let his guard down when he’s looking down his scope.

20 Year Old Guy
A young man. It’s unknown why he sits out like that all day, but maybe if you pass by him very carefully…

Man Spider
A spider with a face on its abdomen. Is that his true face, or merely a decoy to attract victims? No one’s quite sure.

6 Likes

Our poor boy’s walking animation while carrying Miss Clam is pretty fantastic.

I accidentally read ahead in the thread and learned about Man Spider.

…I hope we get to kiss Man Spider.

My understanding is that everyone will get kissed, so yes!

Though, I must say, ManSpider being 17 years old is just silly. Guy insists we call him Man Spider but he’s barely a teenager.

We should call him by his real name, Park Petersen.

1 Like

Most spiders only live a year or two, in spider years he’s an unspeakably old lich who stays alive by stealing youth from others in baleful, kissing-centric rites.

Don’t do it, Chorps. Don’t let this evil keep blighting the land.

Tarantulas can live up to 40 years, but that’s only for females, males typically live around 10-12. Many of them get their genitals caught in their exoskeletons when they molt and even if they avoid that fate they don’t live very long anyway.

1 Like

Man, this line of joking took a turn for the depressing.

How is spiders dying because they rip off their enormous gonads in their shed exoskeletons not hilarious?

I started watching an LP of this years ago, sadly it never got finished, so every time I saw something from this game I started wondering what the rest of the game is like; So it’s great finally getting to see all of it, specially by such an entertaining group!

1 Like

Today, with the help of his new friend Scarecrow, young Chorps has everything he needs to succeed! Now it’s an infiltration mission, with Chorps trying to break in to the Funny Bone Factory after hours and discover the secret to promotion! What will he find at the end of his journey? Will he be able to impress enough to get back the Love Paper? All this and more on today’s update!

Swimmer Daniel
A swimmer living near the Funny Bone Factory safe. He’s training for the Olympics, and his swimming and diving skills are incredible. He only loses focus when he comes up for air.

4 Likes

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME? :siren:

Unfortunately, neither of my fourth co-commentators were available to record Chulip this week. Instead, FutureFriend, Jay and I decided to watch a replay of the first Gundam game to be made in English, and the second ever Gundam media to hit the Western market, after the original novel trilogy. It’s a combination of FMV with quicktime events and 3D portions of FPS-style gameplay that the game itself omits from its replays. The localization is spotty and the acting is hammy, so there’s plenty to enjoy with Gundam 0079: The War for Earth!

:siren: WOW, A PODCAST! :siren:

YouTube
MP3 Download

How timely! Today, Cocoa☆Disaster covers a landmark Gundam series, Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, the first not to be directed by the original creator Yoshiyuki Tomino. My friend BeamSplashX and I decide to look past the big robots and dive into the heart of what makes this series so different from its predecessors, and how it would affect and compare to the series that came after it.

These two videos mark the most I’ve ever thought about Gundam in my entire life. Hopefully we’ll be back to Chulip soon!

2 Likes

This might be the worst/best movie Goro’s theater has.

1 Like