Kiss from a Rose, and a Turtle, and a Cop, and Godzilla: Let's Play Chulip!

Get this guy a contract with the New York Times!!

Why not the New Yorker? They could use cartoonists whose work isn’t completely obtuse.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it’s the end of the first story in the Love Letter Set arc! Young Chorps grabs everything he needs to solve the temple’s gong problem, finding the clues that Monk Hoichi’s father left behind. We also clean out the rest of the kisses available in our neighborhood, and maybe learn a little about happiness along the way.

No new characters this episode! Next episode we’ll have quite a few though!

I think you might’ve uploaded a version with no commentary? Unless this is an avant-garde episode free from such worldly things as talking over gameplay.

LMAO WHOOPS Well that’s what I get for not checking, off to upload the right version!

EDIT: The banner link has been fixed! Sorry about that, folks!

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Happy Easter, let’s celebrate with kisses! Now that we’ve finished the first fetch quest for Mr. Suzuki, young Chorps is taking a break from his ultimate quest to learn more about his town, and love. We’re gonna check out the other half of Long Life Town, and maybe it’s about time we took a bath. Yeesh.

Characters Introduced This Episode

Tin Signboard
A man wearing an advertisement sign on his back. He doesn’t want people to notice or pay attention to him, but he’s pretty bad at hiding.

Dr. Fill
A middle-aged inventor. He seems to be on the verge of a great discovery, but something’s missing…

Eucalyptuski
An athletic koala who’s training for the Olympics. His specialty is the backflip jump. Someone should show him appreciation for his hard work.

Pinch Poncho
A Peruvian culture enthusiast with a hot new song. He enjoys games of Red Light, Green Light.

Leo
The Long Life Town’s bathhouse owner. He’s rather knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects, particularly tea brewing. He has a particular appreciation for the arts.

I’m glad this game has a song specifically for taking a bath. I’m amazed that you get a kiss just for taking a bath correctly.

That episode sure was Simple and Clean!

4 Likes

It’s used a couple more times, and could probably be better described as a theme for exciting or important events.

At last, I finally understand bathing. I knew I was doing it wrong all along, just using soap and water!

make sure to bathe properly before anime

Do the pictures next to your save data reflect your current ranking?

Nah, they’re just random. It’ll just swap between them when you save.

Chorps is an endearing MOFO

(I love this game to death, it has such an interesting mix of creepiness, unsettling characters along with charming quirks and relatableness)

8 Likes

:siren: DOUBLE UPDATE TIME!! :siren:

Today, Chorps continues his kissin’ mission around town! Today, he sets his sights on wooing Anime’s father, Goro, through their shared appreciation of the arts. It’s time to show him that we are a valid candidate for Anime’s love, and that we’re cultured! That won’t stop him from kissing a couple underground residents along the way, or having a tea date with our new friend Leo though. Gotta take time for ourselves.
Oh, and if you love Japanese train lines, you’ll love one of the kisses this episode!

And on today’s bonus update, I come to you from the future, to show you all of the movies that you can collect in the game! We’ll slowly find them over the course of the LP, but since we just unlocked the ability to watch them, I thought it’d be good to show off their contents now.
Also, though I’ve done a decent amount of searching, I haven’t been able to find a full archive of these collectibles OR translations for their contents, so I think this might be the first internet video to compile them all in this way! Breaking new internet ground.

Characters Introduced This Episode

Turtle Boy
A turtle living in Leo’s home. He loves to figure draw, but can’t seem to find a subject.

3 Likes

That trainline kiss puzzle(?) is definitely unique. I can’t believe you’re going to kiss Anime’s parents before Anime.

1 Like

Since you talked about the puns from the other movies, but not the one from Evil Doll, I figured I’d take care of that for you. The title of the movie is “悪魔の人形” (Akuma no Ningyou), which means Evil Doll, but when they open the crate, the text says “あ くまの 人形” (A Kuma no Ningyou), which means “Ah, a bear doll”.

2 Likes

I was not told of this! I will add it to the TL notes on that video, thanks!

Also, a note about Evil Cross (Aku no Juujika) that’s a bit more detailed than the explanation in your comments: The word used for cross is “十字架” (juujika), literally “a frame in the shape of the character 十”, which indeed means ten. When she sees that the shop closes at ten, she says ”あくの十時かぁ" (Aku no Juuji Ka…), which is sort of a sigh of disbelief that sounds exactly like the title of the movie but means “Ten O’Clock…?” I have no idea what the “aku no” means in that context, but Google Translate for “あくの十時” is just “ten o’clock”, so I figure it must be a common enough expression. (Using the actual kanji for evil gives “Ten of Evil”, which is awesome.)

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it’s the last video for our first kissing detour in our story! In this one, we clean up a few more kisses in Long Life Town, say goodbye to the park, and help solve a mystery!
In the next video, we’ll return to the Love Letter Retrieval story.

:siren: PODCAST UPDATE! :siren:

[b]Youtube

MP3 Download[/b]

A new LP thread, a new start to shilling for my podcast that I do about anime!
Today, I’m joined by my friend SweetNAwful to talk about the themes of 1997’s Revolutionary Girl Utena, and explore what the show has to say about relationships and the way people confine themselves to pre-defined roles!

Also I’m not gonna claim that the Gungrave VR game being in production may have been thanks to my comprehensive series LP from earlier this year but also I am definitely claiming that my LP caused Gungrave VR to come into existence.

2 Likes