Kiss from a Rose, and a Turtle, and a Cop, and Godzilla: Let's Play Chulip!

I’ve never related to a video game character like I have Mr. retired Bucket. It’s my dream to be a retired Pro Trash Can.

1 Like

The music for when you’re walking around is pretty good.

“You aren’t a criminal…yet. And when you are I’m gonna murder you.” That cop is terrifying.

I’m gonna try and keep track of what you’ve kissed, just for fun. So far…

One…skeleton(?) and one onion.Also, one male and one female. This game is pretty interesting.

Few games are as pleasant and charming as Chulip, with deadpan dark humour and absurdism. I am glad a talented group such as you fellows are playing it for those of us who can’t.

1 Like

The director of this game also released a mobile game recently, Dandy Dungeon. It’s a really simple puzzle/resource management game, but with the conceit that Yamada is developing the game as you’re playing it. It’s pretty charming and well written, although the fact that the love interest is a high-school student is really weird and I can’t tell if it’s a problem with the translation.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, even after clearing his name, Chorps’ struggles are never over. He’s been suspected of helping Mr. Yamada steal the Love Letter Set from Mr. Suzuki! It’s off to the Worldly Desires Temple for him, in order to track down Yamada and sort this whole thing out. And when he gets there, the first trial on Chorps’ path for Anime’s love reveals itself!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Mr. Inoue
A retired teacher who now lives in the Worldly Desires Temple cemetery. He seems to have issues with the current temple monk’s wooden gong.

Monk Hoichi
The head monk of Worldly Desires Temple. He spends all day going out begging for money. He loves all people, especially those that make donations.

Bell
The daughter of Monk Hoichi and a follower of the Worldly Desires Temple. She handles temple maintenance, and is concerned about the temple bell.

Hasty Wizard
A 20,000-year-old man with a love for jogging. Perhaps if you followed him you could discover his secret to fast travel and longevity.

Mr. Frog
A frog with a water lily parasol. Whenever he hears the temple’s bell, he knows that it’s time for a short swim.

Agony Man
A distressed man in constant pain. He’s not actually scary, but his stretching is a little unsettling.

4 Likes

Only trust your lips. Police will never help you.

4 Likes

I was only kidding that the cop was going to murder you. I can’t believe that terrifying cop is out for your blood. Unrelated: this game has incredible sound design.

this game

is extremely good

Can’t say I expected it to go in this direction

Very few games have given me anxiety while playing them. Walking around at night in this game will do it every time though.

im the cop in this game whenever chorps talks about anime

Here’s the track for Worldly Desires Temple. It is a delight.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link to the song, TastefulDickpic.

-#7 in the list of ten lines I never thought I’d type.

Thank you for the link. This could be shared in the Video Game Music thread that is going on.

I do wish it was in separate videos though, loading a 51ish minute video by surprise doesn’t do to well for my internet usage limit.

But yeah god Chulip’s music is kind of amazing.

here ya go (WARNING: the related videos tracks names are vague spoilers, watch out for those)

1 Like

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Poor Boy needs to talk to the Monk in order to figure out his wooden gong problem, but he’s too cheap to talk to us! They say money talks, so we’ll put that to the test after working hard and kissing strangers for more pocket change! Afterwards, maybe we can start to move forward with helping to fix Monk Hoichi’s shrine…

Characters Introduced This Episode

Chuck
A leather loving man living in the hospital. If only he’d stop swinging from his chain…

Yodzilla
A reasonably sized monster with a love for destruction. He enjoys stomping around the park, but gets tired if he does it too much.

Chopper
A girl who likes spinning. Maybe if you could spin as well as her, she’d open up to you.

Jamtrak 415
A train otaku. He seems to enjoy following the train schedules, and playing in the park.

Snobby Tengu
A yokai living in the cemetery. He loves to jump from gravestone to gravestone, but he has difficulty keeping balance with his large nose.

Voodoo Doll
A literal straw man, cursed to stay on this mortal plane. He vents a lot in the middle of the night, but doesn’t have too much stamina.

Eggplant Boy
A boy with an eggplant for a head. As he said, an eggplant is an eggplant. Simple, no?

3 Likes

Took FutureFriend’s joke as an invitation to do a very quick fanart

6 Likes

I’m not so sure about this new model of Robocop