Just Set It to Easy: The Casual LP Thread

There actually is a mode where you play as Beast Ganon. It was the final DLC for the Wii U version, but they left it out of Legends. Definitive has everything, though. It’s under Challenge Mode. It’s not as much fun as it sounds, though. You start at level 1, and there’s no way to spend rupees to level up quickly, so you’re stuck dying over and over until you’re strong enough to beat the missions. The costume rewards for A-ranks in the Wii U version have been moved to Adventure Mode in this one, so I don’t know what you’d get for it other than the infamous mode where you play as a giant Cucco. That sounds amazing and manages to disappoint on every possible level.

Let’s Play Home Runtaro

It’s time to return to hap inc’s wacky world with Home Runtaro! A light baseball simulator with all the charm of the Hidden My Game By Mom cinematic universe, we’ve gotta get 50 home runs in order to win the big game, and the opposing team will stop at nothing to get us out! It’ll take all of our wits in order to outplay the enemy and find success, whether we’re facing down a drone or a ninja or even a large rock!

4 Likes

Hyrule Warriors

The trident is better when the game’s not actively telling you to use something else.

Hyrule Warriors

I breezed through these two missions so quickly that I was able to combine them into one part. Ganondorf succeeds, and then the heroes return to try to stop him.

Hyrule Warriors

Oh, there’s big boar Ganon.

Hyrule Warriors

Last part for a while due to the guys being busy with work, and we’re focusing on getting Sekro started when we have the time. At least we go on hiatus with the conclusion to Linkle’s story.

1 Like

Did a second stream of Cadence of Hyrule, finishing up the second half of the save I started on my last stream.

Let’s Check Out Chicory: A Colorful Tale (Demo)

Jay and I tackled the world of music with Wandersong, so now it’s time to get into art with Chicory: A Colorful Tale! In a world where color is granted by wielders of a magic paintbrush, an ominous force appears and turns everything black and white! With no hero in sight, the fate of the world ends up literally in the hands of a small janitor dog who must paint the world in a classic Zelda-style adventure with a lot of charm and personality!
If the game seems interesting to you, you can jump in on the Kickstarter now!

1 Like

Finally, a sequel to that NES masterpiece: Color A Dinosaur

1 Like

Let’s Play Alfonzo’s Bowling Challenge

Get your bowling balls shined as Jay and I take on Alfonzo’s Bowling Challenge! A charming little PICO-8 game, Alfonzo’s Bowling Challenge helps to redefine the “solved” sport of bowling through a number of fun and goofy challenges that I personally think operate similarly to the hap inc style of iteration. It’s a short and sweet experience that might just land us in the big leagues!

2 Likes

Kirby’s Dream Course is a fun little mix of minigolf and billiards that was included on the SNES games recently added to the Switch’s online subscription. My friend JigglyJacob and I gave the online multiplayer a go to the enjoyment of us and some livestream viewers. Which of us will turn out on top after four courses?
Also the video select below is supposed to look better than LP Zone’s squished site will allow.

Course 2 finds Jacob and myself launching ourselves off the platform even more often.

Course 3 sees Jacob doing pretty well, until…

Final part of Dream Course sees a last minute upset! Because I was quietly passing out in my chair. It’d been a long stream.

Let’s Check Out Sayonara Wild Hearts

Everything feels different when you’re on a wild hog, and that’s never been more apparent in Sayonara Wild Hearts! An arcade-style action rhythm game with an original pop soundtrack, Sayonara Wild Hearts is a story about love, and acceptance, and kicking ass on a motorcycle as your magical girl powers activate. It’s incredibly charming and tightly designed and I haven’t been able to think about other games since I bought it. Sayonara Wild Hearts is a game well worth trying out!

Hyrule Warriors

Hyrule Warriors resumes with a look at Cia’s side of the story.

Hyrule Warriors

When you kill too fast, you must kill twice.

Cia’s Tale ends abruptly, but it also ends quickly, so we’re able to squeeze two into one yet again along with an extended and unwarranted discussion in the middle about internet video critics.

Hyrule Warriors

The final chunk of Legend Mode brings us to the Wind Waker story.

Hyrule Warriors

Illness prevents Yoshi from joining us for the thrilling tail-end of the same shit we’ve been doing for months.