Just Set It to Easy: The Casual LP Thread

With Giegue’s blue Starman factory out of commission it’s time for a relaxing jaunt through Jupiter.

The biggest element of being productive with Agitha is understanding that, for the most part, her normal attacks are just there to lead into the combos. The strong attack is great for room-clearing, and the attacks where she summons giant beetles throw enemies into the air and give them the Lightning status, which makes your juggles do more damage. The big magic circle is surprisingly effective on boss weak points if you can dodge out of the animation with good timing.

1 Like

All of the TP characters have this weird problem where they have a perfectly good gimmick, but they’re not obvious about how to properly utilize them. Midna has the fortune of being easy to figure out (grab people to maintain a power buff) while also letting you do well if you don’t bother with it, but Zant and Agitha suffer pretty harshly if you don’t figure out how to work with their quirks. Probably doesn’t help that they don’t become super broken in the long haul either, like Link (Sword), Lana (Tome), or Sheik.

That said, I think Agitha is perfectly usable. At least, moreso than some of the later characters/weapon types.

Hyrule Warriors

At least there’s Ghirahim.

At last, it’s time to return to Giegue’s Mothership. We just dropped in and pilfered a map last time, but now we’re ready for what awaits. If there’s only one sidequest-athon video you watch, it should probably be this one.
Also, I should mention that I, somehow, lost the actual recording file for this episode, so what’s actually going up is the edited VoD. Hopefully, it won’t be that big a difference in quality. Apologies for that, the rest of the LP is already fully recorded and edited so that won’t be happening again, knock on wood.

Hyrule Warriors

Yoshi’s voice got really high all of a sudden.

Having exfloranated the Mothership there’s just one solar body left to explore, er, just as soon as I remember the thing needed to open it!

This is the superboss fight with no commentary. It takes place in a slightly different save, hence the different items and stats.

Hyrule Warriors

Can’t get enough Ghirahim or Linkle, so we put them together.

Alinivar and his friends have scoured the Solar System of PSI, treasure, and dealt at least one blow to Giegue’s forces in the process. Now, it’s time to go back to the future.

Two Magicants down and two more remain.

Hyrule Warriors

I like the idea that Ganondorf’s kinda shit without the Triforce of Power.

Hyrule Warriors

Our upload schedule is shuffled around this week, so here’s Hyrule Warriors part 15 in Cia’s stalker palace early today, and part 16 will be tomorrow.

Hyrule Warriors

Linkle returns, as does Midna’s true form, both of whom kick a lot of ass. Or slap it, in Midna’s case.

Also, I did a blind look livestream of Cadence of Hyrule with Jacob, which started rough before I really got into it half an hour or so in. I get about halfway through a Zelda run before the end, and I’m planning to stream the second half soon.

With everyone having faced their respective nightmares the final two doors are open.

Last time we took on the guardian of the Maelstrom and realized, despite the gang’s newfound powers, that actually defeating Giegue is beyond the party’s abilities. But, everything Alinivar and his friends have done comes down to this, either they distract Giegue or die trying.

Last time didn’t end well for our heroes, perhaps if they tried something a bit more aggressive things may turn out for the better.

Hyrule Warriors

Let’s get to know the pros and cons of playing the Great Fairy while beating Cia for the last time.

Alinivar did it, by using PK Harmony Niiue’s plan succeeded, but at a rather grim cost to himself. Perhaps there’s one more way to end this.

And that’s the end of Cognitive Dissonance! I hope those who decided to give Goodguy and me a shot enjoyed the trip. We certainly did, and tomorrow I’ll post a final video of Goodguy and myself playing the original 1.0 release of Cognitive Dissonance. Here’s the link to that excel sheet Goodguy and I keep mentioning during the LP, it has both Excel and Open Office variants in it.
Google Drive link

???

Here’s the stream of Goodguy and I going through Cognitive Dissonance 1.0, marvel at its writing and tremble at its MSPaint sprites! Note that the spoiler gloves are off in this episode, and we actually talk about all three Mother games in this video.
That’s the last video and the complete end of the LP, once again thanks to everyone who watched, I think CogDis is pretty entertaining and is an interesting take on what happened between Mother and Earthbound.

*Banner may not be 100% accurate to depicted scene.

Hyrule Warriors

Now this is an epilogue: an overleveled Ganondorf wrecking everything ever.