Just Set It to Easy: The Casual LP Thread

Apologies for the delay, but we’re back, last time Niiue went… somewhere, while Alin and crew landed on Mars. But before that, a small detour.

Previously, Larice was hacked by Greyface, and Alin and his team were forced to fight him as Giegue leaves with the Apple they just retrieved.

Hyrule Warriors

OC time. She’s okay for a character who could be easily replaced by someone from Zelda I’d actually want.

Having crashed on Earth, Alin, the Colonel, and Zarbol set out to find the final Apple piece and came across another Point of Power. This time we get back on track… mostly.

Hyrule Warriors

Lana’s okay, but Linkle’s the best.

These parts are so quick and easy to do, I’m bumping them up to twice a week.

Having received their mission, Alin and the team head out to retrieve the Apple piece in Cloudvale, but what exactly is waiting for them when they return?

Let’s Check Out Phantom Block

I’m back from the dead, and back for the thread! In our humble return, Jay and I check out this little indie platformer with a twist called Phantom Block! Deceptively simple in nature, Phantom Block has you using the keyboard to navigate levels while using the mouse to terraform the world in a variety of different ways! Whether it’s letting you go through blocks, creating trampolines, or making sticky walls to jump off of, every level asks something different of you. It’s a neat little game and it’s free, so what better price to check it out at!

2 Likes

Hyrule Warriors

For a second there, I forgot this was a Team Ninja game.

Also this level was rough and taught me to hate Manhandla.

Thursday’s part is from the second stream, at which point I recorded the audio correctly, so it will sound far better from thereon.

So here’s the episode with that light dose of suffering I mentioned, as my lack of leveling and a particularly nasty boss ability finally catches up to me.
Anyone who has played Earthbound already knows what’s going on and where Alin and his friends are, or more importantly, when. Just skip to 28:40 after the first boss fight, really, it’s for your own sanity, fuck Diamond Dog, the actual victorious fight is at 44:26.

Hyrule Warriors

Stream 2 begins with proper audio editing, Brother!

Fair warning to those who want to play this game: Adventure Mode is a real kick in the pants, but the Great Sea map is relatively easy, even before you get the hammer. Despite what I say in today’s part, you can do the other Adventure maps whenever; they just recommend you get the hammer, since it’s a weakness of the Wind Waker enemies.

The crew is back in the present, but rather than immediately set off for Saturn it’s time for a serious case of endgame sidequesting.

There are a couple of other things you were wrong about in this video:

The “Glass Cannon” ability is a fairy skill, not a magic attack. The fairy skills don’t require magic, but many of them can be used like items to give you temporary boosts. You ended up using that one by accident later on. Fairy magic is just a big area attack, but if you feed the fairies and boost their levels, they gain elemental effects that last after the attack goes off. It trivializes a lot of the early Adventure mode missions.

You couldn’t command Sheik in this mission because Sheik was the commander. If you play as Sheik, then Impa’s the commander.

Fun fact: You’re invulnerable while playing the Ocarina. In a few cases, you can use that to your advantage and just not warp anywhere. The other neat thing I like doing in this mission, especially when you’re overleveled, is to get to the West Boulder Keep before the Gorons do. You take control of it for free and just have to defend it when they show up.

Let’s Check Out Dead of the Brain

Today, it’s time to face an ultra-violent American wasteland in Dead of the Brain! A PC-98 adventure game from 1992, we in the West now have the chance to play through this title thanks to the fine folks at Retronomicon Games. Join Jay and I as we follow Cole, an all-American boy who finds himself in the wake of a zombie apocalypse after his friend, Dr. Cooper, faces an accident involving some reanimation serum. A story filled with references to other 80’s horror stories and tropes, Dead of the Brain is wild adventure that’s a lot of fun to watch unfold!

3 Likes

Hyrule Warriors

Zelda’s mean to her troops. :frowning:

Newly empowered with the best lifeup PSI it’s time to put it to work scouring the rest of the Solar System.

Hyrule Warriors

Linkle kicks some ass in the Water Temple after Zelda and Impa leave. Way to bugger off before the job’s done, girls.

Now suitably prepared the gang head over to Neptune to explore.

Hyrule Warriors

I’d like to meet the person who wanted Agitha, he lied.

Thanks to the heat shield and Alin’s brand new Freeze Ω we can tackle Venus with confidence.

Hyrule Warriors

Midna on a boomerang dog is better than I could have hoped for.