I make Two many podcasts: History Honeys and Sex Archie

Sex Archie Bonus 2: Predictions

While we count down the hours until Riverdale returns, let’s compare notes on where this is all headed. This bonus episode has new theories and predictions from us, our listeners, and Instagram fans.

Might as well slap the cuffs on Grundy now, for murder I mean, in addition the other stuff.

History Honeys Episode 23: Impressionism

Fine art has been carefully curated with standard and expectations passed down through the generations with change coming at a glacial pace. Then, in the 1860s, a set of conditions and a cadre of artists combined to make new art and more. How can a movement be defined without any set membership, ideology, or aesthetic? Is there a place for hierarchy in paining? What the heck is Degas’ whole deal?

1 Like

Sex Archie Episode 8: Bro Whisper

Everyone is building something. For some it’s condos, for some it’s relationships, and for some it’s a fetus. How can you plan and throw a shower overnight? Does Fred not have employment contracts? Does the singing fish know any of Josie’s songs?

“We both know who has business in Montreal”

Maple Syrup Mafia confirmed!

Sex Archie Episode 9: Tapped May Last Tree

Archie sells himself for a guitar. Alice destroys herself for a headline. Veronica prostrates herself to make a friend. Why is everyone putting teens in charge of their corporations? Will we see Valerie again? Isn’t syrup tapping season in the Spring?

Two announcements!

Six Feats Under, the Actual Play podcast I help organize, just launched its new campaign! You can check it out on the 6FU site, or in the LP board on this site: Let's Play Mouse Guard: a Six Feats Under campaign

I was also a guest on Alcohollywood (again)! We talked about the Warcraft film to kick off their second video game movie month: http://www.alcohollywood.com/warcraft-2016/

History Honeys Episode 24: Newsies

In 1899 two newspaper giants were fighting for control of the New York readership, and tried to squeeze their distributors for an extra advantage. Those distributors were self-employed child laborers, who organized themselves and halted the entire distribution system until their demands were met. This drama, a nearly forgotten footnote in US labor history, was dramatized in a commercial flop of a film, and re-dramatized in a successful Broadway musical. Can a success set a precedent if it’s forgotten? Does an adaptation have a duty to be accurate; and what if the facts are lost? How can an unpopular work become more sucessful after being changed for the worse?

Alaina just sounded so pitiful at the start there, you should have let her sleep.

And also have gotten her a puppy.

1 Like

Sex Archie Episode 10: I’m a Weirdo

Bughead gets rocky as Archie enjoys a few on the rocks. Our very best boy gets a special nightmare day. Ronchie gets Raunchy. What exactly are the rules to Secrets and Sins? Why is Instagram obsessed with secret parents? WHAT’S IN THE BOOOOOOX!?

History Honeys Episode 25: Soviet Space Dogs

The Space Race was contested by governments and scientists, but the first explorers were a cadre of stray dogs from the streets of Moscow. These dogs sit at the intersection of mid-century optimism, political posturing, and questionable ethics.

2 Likes

I’m not crying about Laika I just have sadness in my eyes

2 Likes

Bonus Episode! Alaina and I went to the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo over the weekend and talked about what we did, what we bought, and who we met during the show! That episode went up in both feeds, identical aside from the intro and outro songs, so if you subscribe to both don’t be confused.

History Honeys version/Sex Archie version

And here’s links to plenty of things we mentioned:
Album of pictures we took: imgur.com/a/a75Jp
Gextra Life 2016 playlist: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr…Ucy7WWYQ49-bP-ZTe
Adam Fotos: www.adamfotos.com/
Roboism: www.roboism.fm/
Friendshipping: friendshipping.simplecast.fm/
Unlearned: www.unlearnedpodcast.com/
The Chicago Podcast Cooperative: chicagopodcastcoop.com/
Sex Criminals Leggings: https://shop.bombsheller.com/products/sexcriminals?variant=37540857290
Mouse Guard on Six Feats Under: www.sixfeatsunder.com/mouse-guard/episodes
Sparkle Designs: www.shopsparkledesigns.com/
chipandironicus.com/
Our friend’s absent friend’s art tumblr: just-add-dog.tumblr.com/
Twisted Toonz’ Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/twistedtoonztv/

Sex Archie Episode 11: King and Queen of Hell

Everyone loves Jughead so much that they have no choice but to hurt him. Is Cheryl into her dad, too? What kind of homecoming dance doesn’t have crying in the bathroom? How can I get a daily milkshake delivery?

Riverdale most recent episode spoiler: Nana Blossom didn’t have the ring in the earlier scene, she was asking Betty (who she thought was Polly) why she wasn’t wearing the ring.

Sex Archie Episode 12: Sticky Dirty Secrets

Plenty of stuff goes down, relationships get tested, but who cares because THE KILLER IS REVEALED! If Jughead’s hat and hair are one and the same, is he a JoJo? Does Veronica still think her dad is to blame? How long has Betty had Cheryl on speed dial?
#HotDog4S2

Sex Archie was brought up in the discord - I haven’t listened to it yet because I am wanting to actually start watching Riverdale without spoilers but the name alone was enough for me to download all the episodes so far.

History Honeys episode 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios

It’s part 3 of our Disney series. Disney-MGM Studios opened in 1989, dedicated to the art, craft, and magic of the movies. Today it has a new name and new focus. Alaina teaches us about how the park came to be and how it transitioned. How does creativity shine through a web of license agreements and legal challenges? If the working studios were so needed at the time, why weren’t they sustainable? How important is a consistency of experience in planning a park?

1 Like

Gigantic Riverdale spoiler. (And gigantic spoiler for Twin Peaks as well.)

With all the talk of this show being “Twin Peaks for teens”, I’m surprised I only just realised that both have the same culprit for killer. Though very different motives, or course.

Non-spoiler - anyone who likes Riverdale and doesn’t mind a bit more horror and a deep spell of the doldrums in the back half of Season 2 should watch Twin Peaks if you haven’t. (The movie turns the horror up to 11 but is utterly fantastic. And has David Bowie in it.)

I always thought the S2 slump was overstated, except James’ motorcycle cougar adventure. That bit sucked but the other plots in those same episodes were good.

Anyway! Here’s a recipe!

The Sticky Maple
(A coconut maple white chocolate chip Blondie with a maple glaze!)

By Alaina of Sex Archie

Celebrate the season finale of Riverdale by joining us for a Sticky Maple

Blondie
1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. maple syrup
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt (if using salted butter, this can be left out)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1/3 c. coconut
1/3 c. nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
Using stove top, put butter in pan and make brown butter (there are lots of great step by step instructions for this online if you have never done it).
Cool to room temp.
Add syrup and sugar, mix.
Add egg, vanilla, salt, mix.
Add flour, mix.
Stir in chips, coconut and nuts.
Bake 25-30 minutes. Test with toothpick. Let cool completely.

Maple Glaze
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. syrup
1/4 c. brown sugar

Melt butter on stove.
Add syrup and sugar and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.

Cut Blondies (Jughead hat shape is optional) and spoon glaze over.
Its best to only glaze ones you plan to eat right away. Extra glaze can be stored in fridge.

I still have to watch Twin Peaks - I have what 2 more weeks to catch up on the two seasons and movie.(I was on episode two or three last attempt.) A question I have about Riverdale has it introduced a supernatural element yet in the show? I did see some interview things talking about the possibility of bringing Sabrina (as in “The Teenage Witch”) to the show in future seasons and a supernatural undertone even if under the surface not known to the characters would give me more reason to watch a more modern less lynchian show (as much as I love David Lynch as a Director - I think he works better at movie length. (I watched Mulholland Dr in the cinema 2 weeks ago.))