I Attack the Darkness! Kingdom Hearts III

I was wrong about the Vanitas scene being the best. Jack Sparrow exploding into a pile of crabs is the funniest damn thing. I don’t think that happened in the films, and the idea that it was a Kingdom Hearts Original Idea ™ rules.

yeah thats a nomura original™

With huge thanks to Death Sandals!

1 Like

oh god thats great

Let’s go all in with some ship combat!

1 Like

Still reeling at this episode’s body count!

1 Like

Yes, we are actively trying to ignore how irritating T.J. Miller’s character is. Can you blame us?

1 Like

Killing Heartless I guess.

1 Like

I’ve defeated Gods, Titans, Demons, Eldritch Horrors and Sephiroth. But a mass of cubes? Nah, that’s too much for me.

edit: nice

1 Like

That feeling when running gags turn out to be oddly prophetic…

1 Like

Wow, this game gets a lot easier to edit when it devolves into a string of endless cutscenes.

Every time I see Destiny Island, I just think of the fact that Sora’s Mom got one voiced line in the first game, and she’s never been addressed since.

1 Like

(snores)

1 Like

the wild ride truly begins

Back to the grind I guess.

1 Like

Oh boy, I wasnt expecting this.

Donald Duck used ZettaFlare, which I can only assume means that he’s more powerful than Bahamut.

Also RIP everyone. Party-wiped to a tornado of mooks. Pretty embarrassing way to go after several games of buildup.

As well as a new episode, we’ve also uploaded another Patron exclusive discussion video! One in which we discuss how well(?) Kingdom Hearts III integrates its Disney properties into the overall narrative.

Anyway, here’s a transcript:

“‘I have nothing left to teach you.’ I had thought those words would make him happy, but it was sorrow that clouded his face. I had shared all I know, my every technique. What more did he seek from me? I never heard the answer. Time passed on, and…here we are. But now, since we’ve parted, I think I understand. He wanted the same thing I did. This wasn’t just about passing on knowledge. It was a communion. A connecting of hearts.”

“Whoever said love and hate are two sides of the same coin is a liar. The second our eyes would meet, we were at each others’ throats, every time. The idea of us as friends is laughable. I’m finally on my own here, and what a relief! Just…not as big a relief as I’d thought. It’s weird. Something’s just…missing. Ugh, is that how this works? Did I keep going back for another fight just so we could spend the time together? Maybe it’s not as simple as “like” or “hate.” The heart’s a complex thing. Wonder if he feels this lonely too… Takes two to have a fight, after all.”

"We were always together. Practically joined at the hip. We’d wear the same clothes, eat the same food, go the same places. We were an identical pair-like walking alongside a mirror. So why is it just me here now? There’s this…this feeling. Calling to me. Pulling at me. And now I share it. Feel it as my own. We are always together.

"I kept telling everyone we were just friends, but he crept into my head. Into my heart. It started to feel weird being together. I stepped back, and he never stepped in to close the distance. I wonder how he saw it. Wonder how he feels. …What’s this emotion, filling me? It’s overpowering. It’s him. I have to respond. I have to tell him how I really feel.

“Did I matter? Was I ever there at all? I thought I’d found my place, surrounded by people I trusted. But look there. I’m gone, yet they go on meeting up just the same. Hm? The table’s set wrong. There are too many glasses… Oh. Added a new member, have they? That didn’t take long. That was my seat. That was my place at the table. Their glasses clink against the newcomer’s, one after the next. No, this is not my place. Maybe it never was.”

“I found myself here, lighter than before. Unburdened. All my pain and responsibility, gone. But something in this new ease keeps catching at the corners of my mind. Is it all right for me to be here like this? There is a faint memory. A sound. Others may have found it grating, but it warmed my heart. That crying… I have to find it. Embrace it. The sweet weight I carried. My dear, beloved burden.”

“After long years of service, my one regret is that I must pass on before my master. I suspect he will not notice my absence. I doubt he so much as knew my name. Yet how, then, can I explain this sight? The artworks that I was tasked with tending now bear a thin layer of dust. It seems he expressly commanded that none of the remaining staff take up my work. What can that mean, save that he saw me not as one among many, but as an individual? That he feels my absence. grieves for me. I am awash with gratitude at the thought of it. I must do all that I can to reciprocate…”

“We spent so many years together. A lifetime. It wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows, of course. We had our share of troubles. Sorrows, too. But all of it is dear to me now, every minute we had. We got to experience so much. I have no regrets. At least, that’s what I thought. Special occasions may stand out, but there’s nothing so precious as the quite times between them. That’s what a life is, really…”

“I was defeated. That was supposed to be it. I’d just…fade away. Yet a part of me remains. But why? I have no regrets. No reason to cling to this life. I turn these questions over in my head again and again, and again and again I remember. Our clash. The feeling of exhilaration. Of pleasure. I can see his face clearly in my mind. He wore the same grin as mine. I would dearly love to cross blades with him again…”

“Oh, good. If you’re speaking to me, I suppose I must exist. I feel a consciousness, or memories, perhaps. Feelings. They pass through my mind one after the next, but none of it feels real. And that was fine. I’d resigned myself to simply forget. To let it all slip away. But there was one piece I couldn’t let go of- a fragment I couldn’t forget. Maybe that sliver of memory is what’s kept me here this whole time…”

“That’s strange. I’m running and running, but I can’t get to Papa. Oh? This is hide-and-seek! I love hide-and-seek! I’m going to find Papa. He’ll be so proud. Hmm…I can’t find him. I give up, Papa! Come out! Come out! …I’ve looked so hard for him. Isn’t he looking for me? Wait, that’s Papa’s voice. I hear his voice! It’s that light! I understand now. I just have to run toward that light!”

1 Like

i loved watching you do the fragments part the hard way

did you get the two plot important voiced stars that are easily missable damn nomura hiding them amongst the non voiced ones