Hi there, everybody

Are introductions okay? I haven’t seen an introduction thread since I was 15 and it was on a forum about a podcast about Pokemon that no one listened to. Is this okay??? Anyways, I’m Shmoo. I’ve done nothing and am nothing of note except use Twitter and make bad posts. I’m incredibly anxious and shy about actually talking to other people, but hey, I’ll try anything at least several times. I never used SA, but LPs from SA are how I know Let’s Play, which I think is at least somewhat common for a few folks.

Hello, I’m Tatters Matters / Tatters / Tatsu / Tatsuyame / Matthew.

My forum lineage is as follows:
Tenchu.de & Artrage forums -> Podtacular -> Gaygamer -> joe.to -> gay-nerds (forum drama schism from gaygamer) -> [I then ghosted all my old online friends oops]
Sprinkled in there was some brief time on Kupika, and lurking some in the SA LP subforum. Oh, and some time on DeviantArt? There’s probably another forum or something I’m forgetting but for the most part I always lurked in like, a single thread per forum. Trying to be more active in this one [and also avoid ghosting more people…]!

Yo, hi, I’m Zim. I’m a perfectly normal human wormbaby. I don’t LP but I do draw things! /shameless plug

My first internet forum was Pokemon Elite 2000 (a long-dead Serebii competitor) back in the 90s, where I didn’t know how to shut up, and had about three thousand posts by the time I left the site, more than half of which had an XD in them somewhere. It was awesome. Now I’m older and quieter, I guess. I lurked on SA for, like, ten years, and decided to come back out of the woodwork here because it seems like a cool place.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m MiseryMiseryMisery. My hobbies include making bad user names, getting embarrassed by them, and then never posting anything and eventually deleting my account to make a “clean start” that I never actually start.

On an unrelated note, I’m very glad that I can change my user name at any time! And everyone here seems really cool.

2 Likes

Hi, I went by the same username back on SA for about 5 years then made the exodus after the whole GBS debacle and only rarely went back on it until finally just quitting. Kinda felt bad because I knew good folks from SA and wanted a forum where I could at least be around them, then I heard about this place from @CosmicLass and thought “oh hey this is exactly what I was thinking of!”

2 Likes

Hey y’all, I stumbled across the site by chance and recognized some names, so I thought it’d be nice to associate with what looks to be a rather polite bunch of prospective pals. I go by Jet, prefer they/them pronouns, and I’m really fond of knitting. I don’t stream too often (mostly for friends, honestly), but I quite enjoy being part of the bantering that comes with streaming itself, so, when my schedule clears, I’ll throw myself out there some more.

I’m a certified EMT, a med student (on break!), and my day job is as an assistant librarian. Ask me for book recommendations based on your preferred genre; it keeps me spry!

(Ask me about my OCs and I will Become Ageless™.)

4 Likes

Hello everyone! I am new to this site, and to the LP community in general. However, I always wanted to make let’s plays of my own, and have made attempts to do so in the past (though as I’m in China at the moment they’re on hold until I return home), but I always failed to form a community around it. So, I just decided that rather than try to do so in the forums I already frequented, that I’d just join a forum dedicated to it! So that is how I ended up here. I guess I should say a little about myself:

I am a fan of video games of all types and forms, but I tend to prefer RPGs, fighting games, action games, survival horror and oddball/weird Japanese titles! I am also a video game collector, owning numerous consoles, however my favourite ones to get games for are the PS1 and PS2, as those are what I am the most nostalgic for.

Outside of video games, I also enjoy learning about various cultures of the world, along with the things that come with that: languages, history, politics, etc. I also enjoy music, mainly heavy metal and atmospheric stuff. Some other things I enjoy are professional wrestling, action films, cyberpunk and ice hockey

I don’t have much else to say I guess, other than that I hope to people able to get to know some of you!

3 Likes

I’m here now for similar reason that created the site. See a lot of old faces too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Howdy,

I’ve never been in a forum before or used this handle.

I started watching LPs nearly 8 years ago. One of the first people I found was on SA, and I became an active regular at their streams. I briefly considered joining SA, but the more I heard about it, the less appealing it was. After close to 2 years of that, I got very burned out from the streams and wiped any sign of my previous online presence. However, I continued to watch LPs exclusively from SA posters thanks to the LP Archive, mostly by a few people in particular, including that original one.

I recently moved back to my home country after a few years of mostly living abroad, and I do not like it here and don’t know anyone besides my family. I have considered joining the LP Zone before. During a hypomanic episode, I finally decided to, mostly to pursue my on and off interest in making LPs myself. Whether I’ll actually do that, who knows.

– sadamander (he/him)

Hey, figuring this is the place to post introductions!

So, after lurking both on here and on Something Awful as a non-user for the better part of the last seven years, I finally decided that I wanted to join a community of LPers, and get my hands dirty with the whole recording myself playing games business.

My interest is in old first-person adventure games. Pre-rendered backgrounds, often live-action FMV of actors, or “actors”, playing weird characters, puzzles that defy sense. That sort of thing. So, I’m looking to cover some of those types of games, enjoy LPs that others do, and maybe sometimes talk about things other than games, and the sometimes terrible things that happen around them! Probably not, though.

Either way, thanks for having me!

Hello! I go by SpammyV or just Spammy. I’ve been reading and watching LPs for years, moreso reading than watching. I’ve always been a fan of a good screenshot LP, and even created some short projects of my own on a small forum that looks to be permanently closed now. I’ve still got a drive to create though, especially since one of those projects was cut off by the closure! I heard about this forum and I’m hoping to be able to share here too!