Hi there, everybody

Nuts and Bolts is good and I’ll show you all how good it is some day.

1 Like

Hi there everybody! I’m Demotick, and I guess I’d be best known for some co-commentating I did on the VNDLP channel for a couple of videos. I’m queer and agender, going with They/Them pronouns. This place looks much warmer and more inclusive than a lot of other internet spaces, so I’m hoping to contribute some quality content while I’m here!

I have never done an LP of my own, and have no recollection of the game Sonic Adventure 2 whatsoever.

2 Likes

Oh man I never bothered introducing myself.

Hi, I’m NK I mostly just like to draw although I haven’t been doing it as often as I’d like to. Maybe one day I’ll finally start an LP but I’m very shy and have some bad anxiety so we’ll see how that goes. I had an SA account since like 2011 but never posted because that place stressed me out too much but this place already looks much nicer!

Hi all, I’m zumphry. I’m just a boring white bread cis dude who used to go to school for ~game design~, but now goes to school for ~social justice organizing~, because who needs valuable skills, or money? I don’t! :sun_with_face:

My first encounter with Let’s Play was sometime around 2008 or so with a small group of YouTube LPers who I’ve completely forgotten the names of by now. One of them linked to Retsupurae and the Freelance Astronauts one time, and after a year or two of just following the latter’s streams, I started to lurk SA’s LP forum until I got an account there in 2011.

Never really posted much, and just mainly follow(ed) chill LP, cat, and various political/media/funny computer threads there.

Hello, all! You can call me Meteorga or AJ, whichever is more comfortable. I’m not particularly recognizable from anywhere, but I’m excited to gush about video games and have a good time with everyone. I’ve never really been apart of a forum setting before, but I’m already largely enjoying it! :smile:

Oh, intros? Nice idea.

I’m a quiet, geeky, British man. I had an account on SA for the LP forum, but hardly ever posted. I’ll probably lurk most of the time here too, but thought it was worth pointing out what a friendly place this is so far.

It’s nice to meet you all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey folks! I’m Quintalian, but you can call me Quin for short. I’m excited to be a member of this forum! Like yourselves, I enjoy a good video game on occasion, yet due to budgetary constraints, have increasingly failed to keep up on playing them personally. The convenience of the Let’s Play format allows me to enjoy newer games regardless of being unable to buy them myself.

Having refused to pay membership fees for a certain forum with a long history of LP archiving, I’ve been on the sidelines of the discussion, waiting patiently for this chance to lurk and maybe pop in to second an opinion you read several pages ago.

At some point, my friend and I might finally get around to editing and posting some LP footage we recorded last year. If it ends up being watchable, at least there’ll be a place for it!

Hi! I’m Panthera Morag, I’m most of all an animation geek and genre movie fan, but I’ve also dabbled in AGs, RPGs, Sim and VNs up through the years. As my chronic illness got worse, I’ve been less and less able to play myself, so Let’s plays have become more and more of a way for me to consume media I can’t play myself anymore.

I’ve followed Retsupurae, Voidburger, Chipcheezum, Smite, Tortoiseontour, Supergreatfriend, etc. for a couple of years now, and I joined hoping to find more lps of interesting games/stories, and that the creator of the “not-Trauma Center” screenshot LP I was reading on SA before the forums were closed for non-subs, would maybe repost it here. I never found out what happened on that tropical island with all the dangerous jellyfish!

On SA I was using the handle heatwizard, but I’ve been trying to phase that out for years since I came up with it when I was like 12. I posted maybe twice outside of Games, since everything else was either very slow or very garbage. I underestimated how much of my idle time was spent refreshing forums when I suicided my account there, so I’m glad to have something to f5 again.

1 Like

Hey! I’m Gecko, but usually I just prefer to by Amy because it’s been so long that it feels weird for someone to refer to me as a lizard. I’m trans and go by she/her pronouns, and it’s nice to not have to get shaken down for $10 I don’t have to actually join the LP community.

1 Like

Oh hello!

I’m Notm. Basically I’ve been following Let’s Plays since 2008/9 and never really contributed to the scene outside of watching people on Twitch and (recently) donating back to the cool people that give us free entertainment. If you ever see a Notreallym in a Twitch chat, that’s me.

Hi there! I’m Miacis, a French student in translation with a passion for playing video games, modding video games, and watching other people play video games. I don’t know if it’s sad or inspiring, but I learned most of my current English from watching progressively better LPers since my high school years, and still do watch those.
Then I discovered you can actively participate in an LP (gasp!) and registered on SA to post on Let’s Play threads mostly. Early on, I did a couple of SSLPs in the Fire Emblem romhack megathread, one of which was archived and is now a source of both endless pride and bottomless shame.

But now here I am and this place looks cool. I’m mostly here to read and post in LP topics, but this place is new and fresh and inspiring, so maybe one day I’ll do something on my own. For years, I’ve been toying with the idea of doing something video with Super Smash Bros Brawl. I’ve been an admin of the biggest SSBB hacking forum around for what, seven years now, and doing a sort of showcase-retrospective of sorts over a background of Subspace Emissary gameplay with mods on might be interesting.

1 Like

Yo! I’m ArashiKurobara, just Arashi’s fine though! I’m sort of part of the great SA exodus going on here, though I mostly ever just lurked LP threads (still gonna stick out some that aren’t likely to migrate I suppose), and I’ll probably still be mostly lurk-y here - y’all seem sweet, I’m just shy sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really do LPs myself, I’ve tried a couple times in smaller venues and I just haven’t got the follow-through to stick with much in the way of long projects. But I definitely love hanging out and enjoying others playing things for the enjoyment of others.

Lessee, what else… currently an unemployed bum (note: please nobody else unemployed take my self-deprecation as a jab at you! just at me alone) with a majorly messed up sleep schedule oops, non-binary but unfussed enough about pronouns that I usually just stick with my assigned she/her anyway, nice to meet everyone! :smiley:

1 Like

Gosh I haven’t joined a forum in maybe five years, hahaha. So what to say about myself, I’ve been a fan of SA let’s plays for a while, but I never got to make an account because most of that time was spent as an unemployable minor and the rest of the time was spent unemployed. So I’m pretty psyched for this! Its nice to be here.

Just thought I’d say “Hello” since I’m basically crawling out of nowhere.

Hello!

I was a longtime lurker of the SA forums before I bought an account just to lurk for seven more years. I’m also a longtime Let’s Play watcher and am happy to be a member of this rad forum!

3 Likes

Wow I didn’t know about the legit hello thread.

Yeah I haven’t joined a forum in years. Soo. Hey!

I’m dimbosama, I lurked on SA’s LP forums for years when they were open. I’ve always wanted to do a Let’s Play but I’ve only just been able to record stuff recently. So maybe I can take one of the ideas I have and make it a real thing here.

This forum’s pretty cool and I’m enjoying my time here for sure.

1 Like

Hello! I lurked on SA for years and now I’m gonna lurk here. Maybe I’ll even post sometimes.

This was an introduction thread all along?! I guess I’m a little late on this one.
Anyway, hi! I’m Fefnir. Maybe femme NB (working on it, at least. They’s fine,) and bisexual-ish. I like tea, winter, (currently annoyed that yesterday’s snow is melting so soon,) and Fire Emblem. I’ve been doing LPs for a while now, (since June of 2012,) but I was never on SA. I was on a forum at one point, but it’s long dead because most new users were just there to do Youtube dumps and not much else. But I missed screenshot LPs and I’m super rusty at making threads so I figured I’d join this one since the community looked nice already.

2 Likes

Hello. It’s me white noise SA poster GoldenGoat.
I have come because this place seems more chill the SA games but not a shitposting mess like Imp Zone.

Hi hello I’m Rurfs and I’m a Good Boy who enjoys watching the LPs and has also never used a forum before. This place seems rad compared to other places for posting LP and I look forward to gracing it with my loathsome asinine posts

4 Likes