Hi there, everybody

Hello! I’m Staghorn. I don’t do any LP stuff of my own, but you might know me from someone’s chat, or from the art I’ve done for people (check the creative forum for that), or from some other Discord. Some people like me; some people talk shit about me behind my back - c’est la vie. I’d like to think I’m a cool guy, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

I came from SA under a different name. Mostly a lurker. Married, one child, mid-level homemaker. AMA about Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and post 2008 Sesame Street.

as for an actual introduction, I’m nicole and I mostly lurked on SA but participated in some lp threads (drew fanart for voidburger’s SH2 lp and also provided some recordings for frozentreasure’s metroid lp). dunno if I’ll ever do an lp myself (let’s be real, probably not) but I’m excited to check out the threads here!

oh also I do licensing for a costume company and it’s cool. I’m pretty boring otherwise lol

1 Like

Hi, intro thread. I was deadly_pudding on SA. I decided to use my twitch/hitbox/beam name here, since that’s mostly what this forum seems to be about.

Proper introduction time: Hi, I’m Gertrude Perkins, or GP, etc. I’ve dabbled in LP things as co-commentator and contributor, but looking to expand my imput. Primarily I’m a postgrad student, doing my PhD on LP and associated fan practices. (Yeah, I’m that guy who did his MA thesis on Let’s Play a couple of years ago). Generally speaking I’m interested in a lot of different things, and am looking forward to spending some quality time here!

4 Likes

Hi, it me. You might recognize me from such smash hits as

• my sick-ass avatar;
  • me never shutting up in some of the Traditional Games subforum threads on SA;
  • my reign of terror and bad coding as an administrator/dev of the goon branch of Space Station 13;
  • moonlighting in ScurvyKip’s Xenosaga VLPs over several years now;

and if you have an exceptionally long memory, actual LPs I did, including;

• my overseer stints in the Dwarf Fortress succession games Syrupleaf and Gemclod;
  • Breath of Fire 4, the best and prettiest JRPG on the PSX and I will fight to the death for its honor;
  • Hard Time, MDickie’s godawful prison simulator and the LP I’m not unconvinced didn’t accidentally spawn “deal with it” as a meme and I don’t know how to feel about that;
  • and The Making of a Prophet, MDickie’s terrible religious game Chip and Ironicus didn’t play. That ended with me closing the thread with a quote from Mat Dickie’s site saying he was going to quit making games forever because of our LPs and change his name, and then years later I heard he was making games on the Ouya and laughed so hard I pulled a muscle.
4 Likes

Hi there, everybody! Welcome to another introduction post. I’m ScurvyKip, and I’d like to tell you about myself. I am forever doing an LP of the Xenosaga series that will likely go on until 4000TC or whatever the hell the timeline is in that game. I enjoy watching speedruns, crushing the proletariat, walks in the park, and I am an aspiring professional voice actor. Hi @Daeren and @Unpronounceable!

Edit: I’m non-binary/androgynous, and he/she/them pronouns are all fine with me!

I did not find this thread yesterday when I was still fresh. Now I’m old’n’moldy. So I feel I ruined my chance to say hi.

Maaaan, this sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh, hello. I’m Doc Morbid.

I’ve been posting on SA for… six years now? Damn. I’ve been fairly active on the LP subforum since I joined, but only got around to posting an LP thread in late 2015 (an SSLP that I soon closed due to reasons) and didn’t actually get a thread going until I started doing GTA IV in April last year. That one is almost finished with only three more videos to go, and I’m also working on my Jade Empire SSLP at the moment.

The reason that took so long was simply that I didn’t think I was good enough (by SA standards) at talking over video games and only gave it a try when the standards had loosened considerably. To be fair, the test videos I made back in 2011-12 really weren’t very good.

I’m also supposed to be a professional translator, although finding work is a bit hit-or-miss for someone who fairly recently got his degree and doesn’t have that many connections yet.

Hello all! I’m Eveumn, haven’t really had a proper forum account for a place like this. I tend to follow a lot of LP’s, and tried my hand at one two years ago (deleted now, I didn’t like it at all, really)~ Trans lady, college student, typically very quiet. Nice to meet you all~

Hello! It is I, the Weed Lord, Vegeta. I had an SA account but have maaaaaybe 20 total posts on it, so a lot of you may not know me! I’m an American living in Ireland with my wife, have a crippling problem with gacha games, and shitpost a lot on twitter about tokusatsu. I’m non-binary (throw whatever pronouns you want at me, really.) I have an ambitious idea for an LP but like many of my ideas it may never come to fruition! I’m excited to see what everyone else does and meet y’all, though!

Howdy! I’m just a Dumbo McSchlumbo™ trans girl who’s into stuff like computer engineering, political science, and really pretentious modern art. I’ve been a fan of Retsupurae and some of the other fellows from SA for close to 5 years now, but I’ve never actually interacted with any of the community until now, and I’m pretty excited to stick around!

So hey, how about them video games?

Hello, I am here now. I’m just a weird quiet nerd, signed up kinda on a whim. I dunno what else to say about myself. I’m bad at introductions lol.

say hi anyway! Time is an illusion

Hi! I used to post in the SA LP forum. You may remember me as “that person who played all the Corpse Party games for some reason and then never finished Blood Drive because her computer died.”

I’m gay as heck and I like video games. I’ve only ever done screenshot LPs so far, but I want to try my hand at video ones now that I’m in a place that doesn’t feel so violently elitist. Also if anyone here plays FFXIV I’m on Excalibur as Yuki Hamsterlady. Hit me up.

3 Likes

Mmh, okay.

hi c:

1 Like

Hello! I’m Yuri Alexandria/Alexa and I pretty much just lurked on LP and SA in general for like 4 years. I’m gay as heck and I’m really into LP, tabletop, and general game design. By the way, this is OKCupid right?

1 Like

Hello there all! I am Blackjack. I was never a member on SA, but would occasionally lurk the LP forums. I found out about this site through Voidburger’s totally awesome Stardew Valley streams (well, technically the Youtube upload of the stream). This place seems super awesome and chill and I like it already.

Helloooo! I’m Dex01 and have been seriously making Let’s Plays for the better part of 3 years now. I’m best known for my Let’s Plays of Super Mario 3D World where I almost singlehandedly convinced the SALP subforum that a Wii U was definitely worth their money and my increasingly bitter LP of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts which increasingly began to resemble Dazzling Addar’s LP of DK64 where I nearly drove myself (HA) over the edge by attempting to collect every single Jiggy in the game. I also faithfully re-created Mario’s head as a car too so it wasn’t all bad.

I’m super super excited for this new forum, I’ve been posting my LP’s over on SA increasingly begrudgingly, purely because I knew it was going to drive traffic to videos I worked hard on, as I became ever more aware of the general nastiness. I really hope this is the beginning of people leaving SA behind because I am very very ready to do so

Please look forward to the completion of my Yoshi’s Story LP, which I will be cross posting from SA sometime this week, and my 100% Completion LP of Yooka-Laylee!!

4 Likes

Add another to list of “People who posted elsewhere before introducing themselves.” I’m Canth. I’m into tabletop stuff, RPGs, and reading people smarter than me talk about subjects they know well. Also, hella gay. I’m usually pretty quiet online, and mostly lurk things, but this place seems chill enough I don’t mind posting in it. I don’t do LPs at the moment as my internet connection uploads at like 128kb/s and takes every other aspect of itself down while doing it, but I do watch a lot of them and if I ever get into a place with better internet I’ll definitely be doing some of my own.