Gonna Nab a Few of Them - Let's Play Pokemon FireRed

Part 25: Safari Sabbatical

Today on “The Strangely Important Detours of Hotaru Aki,” Hotaru goes on a nice trip to the zoo, in which she will fight many of the animals within and eventually gain the powers of swimming and boulder-punching. These are the kinds of important things Hideki misses out on by being an impatient jerk.

2 Likes

Part 26: Koffing, Weezing, Gastly

Hey so what if we fought a ninja? Like, a ninja was a gym leader, and we just put all of his pets to sleep and gave him a noogie? I mean what’s he going to do, try to confuse us with glass walls? That’s nothing, we can totally take him.

2 Likes

Part 27: Sea-ze the Day

With the Surf HM in her bag, Hotaru can cross the ocean on Turtlemisu’s back. And you know what that means: it’s water route time! We’ve got Tentacools and Swimmers all the way down, so your Electric types are gonna have a field day.

2 Likes

Part 28: Davy Foam’s Locker

So, funny thing about trying to go from Fuchsia City to Cinnabar Island: there’s a big 'ol island just sitting there blocking the way. So, since Hotaru is all about charging through the most direct route when possible, she’ll be spending most of the day in an icy cave on her way to the penultimate gym.

2 Likes

Part 29: Cinna-Barred From Entry

Hotaru has arrived at Cinnabar Island. It’s small, but quaint. It’s got all the usual facilities, a lab, and… a rundown mansion full of wild Pokemon and loiterers. And as it turns out, Hotaru needs to go there because some jerk decided to lock up the gym and throw the key into the mansion’s basement. Well, I guess that’s one way to send us through a dungeon.

2 Likes

Part 30: Burning Questions

Cinnabar Gym is open, and its leader is already prepared for a quiz show. Which can only mean they were locked in there the whole time, waiting for their next contestant to wander through a decrepit mansion to find the key. What a strange existence Blaine’s trainers have.

2 Likes

Look there’s an incredibly strict definition of Game Show that you must check every presumed game show against that is as follows:

1. It must require a competition
  2. The winner must obtain some kind of prize.
  3. It cannot be a sport.

Part 31: Knot, a Lot of Islands

Hotaru goes to an island…

… oh sorry, got distracted when I said “island.” Hotaru goes to the Sevii Islands to meet Bill’s friend, Celio. And while Celio might have a request to give a meteor to a guy, we’ve got more important things to do. Most of which involve exploring the rest of the island we’ve set foot on.

Okay, that’s all the time I’ve got. I gotta get back to playing Animal Crossing New Horizons on my Nintendo Switch.

2 Likes

Part 32: Berry Scary

Last time, we ignored the task we were given. But this time, we’re heading straight for the guy we’re supposed to talk to… only to have yet another detour. A young girl named Lostelle, through a cruel twist of fate that no one could have seen coming, is lost on Three Island. Worse yet, there are bikers on Three Island. And they’re menacing. How’s Hotaru going to get out of this mess?

2 Likes

Lostelle’s parents need to recognize their powerful naming magic and name their next kid Successean.

Hopefully they name their third child Billy Bob Enderofcapitalism.

I feel like, based on spelling or phonetics, Successean’s life could go down very different routes.

Part 33: A Draining Energy

Hotaru decides to take one last detour in her trip around Kanto by going back to… checks notes route 10, where there’s an abandoned power plant that’s so far gone unexplored. But there’s a whole lot of electric types camped out there, and boy are they fast.

2 Likes

Part 34: Seaking Home

Hotaru’s been just about everywhere in Kanto. But when’s the last time she’s been where she wants to be?

(Probably not while she’s on route 21.)

2 Likes

Part 35: Secret of the Hidden Gym Leader
Alright, time to face off against the eighth gym leader, whose identity is-

… still a mystery please ignore the episode banner it doesn’t have to do with anything. Anyway, it’s the Viridian leader. Who is he? Who knows. But he’s got a lot of trainers willing to stand around fighting for a man they don’t even know, so he’s gotta be charismatic.

2 Likes

Part 36: Onward to Victory (Road)!

With eight badges in hand, Hotaru can now challenge the Elite 4 at the Indigo Plateau. However, there is one thing standing in front of her ultimate goal: Victory Road. Does Hotaru have the patience to get through the longest cave yet?

2 Likes

Part 37: Four Glory

Hotaru has finally made it to the end of her journey. Now, only four people stand in her way of the Championship: Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance.

Though I wonder what happened to Hideki…

3 Likes

I don’t know what all the fuss is about I beat all three Dragonites with Lapras. RIP to Hotaru but I’m different.

2 Likes

I really must reply more to stuff i am following so sorry. Trust me I am enjoying it but its a habit i really should break

Part 38: Championship Bout

Hotaru bookends her adventure. This time, for the title of Champion.

3 Likes