Gonna Nab a Few of Them - Let's Play Pokemon FireRed

Bonus Part 1: Vacation at the Sevii Islands

Hotaru has conquered the Indigo League challenge, but there’s still one more challenge left for her: having a normal vacation. And given her track record, a trip to the Sevii Islands is going to be a lot more trouble than she’s looking for. Still though, Team Rocket and a few new Pokemon shouldn’t be trouble for Kanto’s newest Champion, right?

2 Likes

Bonus Part 2: What Lorelei-s Within

One gem has been obtained, but where could the second one be? We’ve exhausted places to check on islands one through three, so today Hotaru moves on to Four Island as the first stop in her search. Is the blue gem in the blue cave? The only way to find out is, sadly, leaving Azalea Town’s theme and heading into a cave. A cave with a waterfall. Woo.

1 Like

Bonus Part 3: Brick Break the Rich

On today’s episode:
R E S O R T G O R G E O U S.
That’s right, Hotaru’s heading to Five Island. Will she find anything useful there, or is she just heading off to save some rich girl from a cave for the hell of it? I mean we didn’t find the gem with Lorelei so chances are it’s not going to be here, but I gotta keep up the mystery.

1 Like

Bonus Part 4: Six Hours, Six Pokemon, Six Island

Not gonna lie, I have no idea what happened in this one. I just passed out one day and woke up with, “Cursed be Six Island” etched into my arm and a finished video on my computer, so I thought, “Guess that’s my work done today!” I’m sure it’ll be a fine day for Hotaru.

2 Likes

Bonus Part 5: Sapphire Braille of Pure Love

Hotaru has explored half of Six Island. Now, the southern half is up for exploration. Perhaps, this time, she can find that elusive other gem. After all, there are some ruins nearby. Where better to find a treasure?

2 Likes

Bonus Part 6: Admin-ing Your Mistakes

The Sapphire was stolen right under Hotaru’s nose, but the thief was kind enough to give her the second of two passwords to Team Rocket’s final stronghold. Now, she can move in and take her gem back, and make sure to actually take down Team Rocket this time. But just who’s in charge here if it’s not Giovanni?

1 Like

Bonus Part 7: Into the Unown

With Celio’s business behind her, Hotaru is free to explore the Sevii Islands on her own terms. So, what’s on the docket today? Perhaps discovering a living, breathing alphabet? Sure, that sounds like a species of Pokemon.

Bonus Part 8: Trainers in the Tower

Today’s post-game content brings us the Trainer Tower. Trainer Tower is filled with a lot of weird trainers, but said weird trainers are actually really good at Pokemon battles. Can Hotaru defeat enough of them to slink away, (and I emphasize, long before the end,) with her Champion pride still intact?

1 Like

Bonus Part 9: Delta Gold

It’s our final day at the Sevii Islands, which means it’s time for Hotaru to visit the super-secret islands you’ve probably never been to! Just what Pokemon could dwell in such remotes places? Nothing from Gen I, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Bonus Part 10: Experiment

Hotaru has had an… interesting vacation. But that’s done, and it’s time for one final challenge in Kanto: Hotaru must reach the depths of Cerulean Cave and find out just what’s lurking down there. Hopefully it’s catchable.

And with that, FireRed is done. @moderators, this thread can be moved to completed LPs now.

4 Likes