EVERYONE IS DEAD! Smash Ultimate: 100% Spirits

Grun
Things are tough now Dharkons here,
the end of the world is drawing near!

Before him though, you must fight me…
It’s time for Rareware’s DLC!

1 Like

Ever noticed how few Zelda spirits there have been so far? Here they all are!

1 Like

I’ve started getting chubby thanks to this quarantine. (Nothing wrong with chubby, it just doesn’t suit me!) Please vote on my next LP: https://twitter.com/DavidJohnBores/status/1265647363126956032

I got a little carried away with the last episode. So this time, we’ll keep things concise and to the point… except for the last battle!

Today we take the Master Sword and purge Hyrule of darkness. Yes, this is still Smash Bros.

1 Like

Back to the spirit grind!

1 Like

Working towards the next dungeon! Let’s hope we don’t run into cowboys, cyborg monstrosities and ninjas on the way there…

By the way, Min-Min has been added to the game on the day of this upload and yes, the fact that you can now rematch Spirit Battles on command, a feature that would’ve saved me hours of time while recording, is infuriating to me.

1 Like

And as promised in this video, here is this:

WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

Not related to the last episode, but something has been on my mind. Lots of 90s kids like waxing nostalgic about the rivalry between Mario and Sonic, which was eventually settled by having the two clash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (not counting the Dreamcast getting trashed).

Knowing this, and considering that 5 DLC fighters remain, it’s very possible that Pokémon could very well go toe-to-toe with it’s most prolific competitor from the 90s, especially with Namco-Bandai being one of Ultimate’s primary devs.

So… Agumon/Wargreymon for Smash, yay or nay? (I may or may not have played Cyber Sleuth recently.)

Agumon in Smash would be a dream come true. I’ll avoid getting my hopes up though, I don’t think my heart could handle the disappointment.

I do wonder how they’d handle his alts though. Black and Snow would practically be shoo-ins, but I wonder if they would just make the others references to some of the other “main” Digimon (like pink skin/blue markings to represent Biyomon, red skin/green eyes for Tentomon, blue skin/white belly/yellow V mark for Veemon, etc.) or just go the “costume” route like the bonus Tai and Protagonist Agumon(Protagumon?) you get in Cyber Sleuth.

1 Like

Another short one as to make up for the lengthy plundering of Drac’s castle. By the by, the Spirit Board is actually starting to run a little thin now…

Time to test my Nintendo trivia. Depending on how well I do, I may or may not need to get out more!

Embracing the wrong answers as we haphazardly meander back out of the Mysterious Dimension.

I’mma need somebody with a decent mic and knowledge of Fatal Fury & SNK for the next episode. Any takers?

Many thanks to End Me Scoob for filling in my blind-spots with a ton of SNK knowledge. Be sure to check out Gotta Get Out Of This Town for Scoob’s insight on pop-punk & emo punk music! https://www.getoutofthistown.com/episodes

As for my music takes: Psycho Soldier slaps hardest, despite sharing a platform with Megalovania, Last Surprise and a truncated DK Rap.

1 Like

Light and dark finally clash as we take on the final dungeon!

Smash Ultimate poses the question: What if God and Satan hated each other, but hated Nintendo characters slightly more?

Wasn’t Palutena basically the example character for custom movesets in Smash 4? I seem to remember that mechanic being introduced alongside her. So her main gimmick was that her default moveset was… bad. Her custom moves were pretty fun to use, but that doesn’t matter for competitive play.

1 Like

Well, we did it! The evil is defeated! Uh…

The developers really wanted to make sure you knew how bad an idea it is to choose a side in this battle. Either you make the beginning of the game happen a second time, or Super Mario fucking dies in the heat death of the universe.

1 Like

Thanks for getting all the way through this campaign with me. I’ll be collecting spirits until Smash stops updating though, so prepare for a few more years of spirit hunting at least!