Bird, Bears, and Automobiles. Let's Play the Banjo-Triloogie!

Part 19: Mumbo Miracles

The return of an old hero.

1 Like

Part 20: Cloud Cuckoo Land

The final level begins.

1 Like

Part 21: Canary Mary

The game’s true final boss is here.

1 Like

Part 22: Nice

Nice.

1 Like

Part 23: Jiggy Cleanup 1

We begin revisiting old stages with Glitter Gulch Mine, Witchyworld, and Jolly Roger’s Lagoon

1 Like

Part 24: Jiggy Cleanup 2

This game is pretty long, huh.

1 Like

Part 25: Jiggy Cleanup 3
Part 26: Final Cleanup

We are making garbage, here.

1 Like

A big part of the reason why it feels like - at over 90% completion - the game isn’t over is the total lack of fanfare for anything. Literally the only time the game says “Hey, you got all of these!” is when you complete a Jinjo family - and that’s only to explain why you’re getting a jiggy out of nowhere.

The other part is that in trying to do its Metroidvania thing but not actually giving you new places to explore, the only truly perceptible milestones the game does have, the opening of levels, were all done with ages and ages ago.

1 Like

Part 27: Tower of Tragedy
Part 28: HAG 1

With this, Banjo-Tooie has come to a close. I hope you enjoyed it, even if the enthusiasm wasn’t quite there for the last few videos.

1 Like

Diddy Kong Racing Banjo Pilot is a game released in 1997 2005 for the Nintendo 64 Gameboy Advance. It features a unique racing scheme where the player can choose between a kart, plane, or hovercraft.

While not the main character, Banjo is a playable character in this game. This is interesting because he appeared in this game before any game of his own.

This isn’t actually a let’s play of Banjo Pilot. Think of it more as bonus videos. I’m not going through Pilot with nearly the necessary attention for me to feel right calling it an actual let’s play.

Banjo Bonus: Banjo Pilot Part 1

Strange that a giant Expresso random ostrich would show up in the middle of exactly one track. Wish I could remember which one it was.

The flying might make it unique but now there’s nothing identifiable about any given track aside from one being ridiculously wide for no reason at all. I’m pretty sure the feeling I get that the tracks are sparse is just a feeling, too. It’s probably because you can barely see 10m ahead of you.

Banjo Bonus: Banjo Pilot Part 2

It’s the rest of Banjo Pilot, even more truncated than the first part.

1 Like

I think the bag thing isn’t that it was too brutal in particular, I remember reading about more than one game that had references to decapitation censored because there was a serial killer in Japan at the time who was leaving behind victims’ heads and shoes.

1 Like

Banjo Bonus: Pilot Prototypes
Banjo Bonus: Diddy Kong Racing

We explore the harrowed development of Banjo Pilot, and take a look at the origin of the bear.

1 Like

“This was a cool idea, just the technology wasn’t there” was a running thing Banjo games could have done without, really.

Banjo Bonus: Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie

Featuring Banjo from the Banjo-Kazooie series.

1 Like

Banjo Bonus: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

This is the final bonus video before Nuts and Bolts.

1 Like

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is the 2008 sequel to Banjo-Tooie, for the Xbox 360. It’s very different from the first two games, but it’s awesome and you’re all wrong about it being bad.

It’s a vehicular action game where you construct your own cars and planes and motorcycles and weird giant rocket powered spheres and whatever else you feel like and then use them to complete challenges for Jiggies and Trophies.

This is a 100% run. I’ll be completing every mission to Trophy standard and showing off the DLC.

Part 01: Welcome to Showdown Town

1 Like

“A heroic bear called Banjo, a rather loud bird called Kazooie” is the kind of brutal honesty that gives me life.

Part 02: Nutty Acres

Hotdog.

1 Like