Bird, Bears, and Automobiles. Let's Play the Banjo-Triloogie!

Hello! My name is Ashley, and I love the Banjo-Kazooie series, and Rareware as a developer. I’m here to take you on a walk through my favorite series of all time, the Banjo-Kazooie trilogy (or “Banjo-Triloogie” as I like to call it. The G is soft like in ‘trilogy’ not like ‘loogie’.)

I’ll be playing each game on the Xbox 360, and showing off the renewed Stop n Swop feature, which was originally a dummied out mechanic meant to carry data between Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, restored in the 360 versions. Joining me are several of my good friends, as rotating commentators.

Currently Playing:

Banjo-Kazooie was released in 1998 on the Nintendo 64 by Rare. It’s a 3D platformer starring both a bird and a bear. Released when I was five, it quickly became my favorite game. And over twenty years later, I still feel the same!

This version of the game is from the Xbox Live Arcade, because it’s the best version I’ve ever played. It features cleaner graphics, smoother framerates, and the long rumored Stop n Swop. The improvements they made will make your eyeballs pop!

My name is Ashley, and I will be playing. Rotating guests will be surveying. Join us for good times galore. I hope you don’t find these videos a bore!

Part 1: Spiral Mountain
Part 2: Mumbo’s Mountain
Part 3: Treasure Trove Cove
Part 4: Clanker’s Cavern
Part 5: Bubblegloop Swamp
Part 6: Freezeezy Peak

1 Like

(reserved post)

Hey, you may remember a very similar thread from a couple years ago. I tried this awhile back and had some serious life stuff get in the way, but these are all new videos, not just the same old ones reuploaded. I’m gonna finish it this time!

Part 3: Treasure Trove Cove (Featuring Jesse)

Banjo and Kazooie go on a nice summer trip, but the beach is covered in clams, sharks, and crabs that snip!

1 Like

Ah, the Banjo-Kazooie trilogy… The original, Tooie, and Grunty’s Revenge! :smiley: right? right?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Something that always surprised me was that the Game Boy is still there in the Xbox version. Microsoft and Nintendo have really loosened up around each other lately, but back then I feel like, idk?

They did change textures and such, but I suppose replacing the gameboy model was a bit too much.

Part 4: Clanker’s Cavern (Featuring Jesse)

We enter the cavern and dive deep into the drink. This level isn’t the best, I think!

Supplemental video

Part 5: Bubblegloop Swamp

We explore Bubblegloop Swamp; watching out for frogs, dragonflies, and crocs that chomp.

Part 6: Freezeezy Peak

It’s time for Freezeezy Peak, a Christmas mountain with our final technique.

Did I only just notice that all of your posts rhyme? Why did that take me such a long time?

1 Like

Part 7: Gobi’s Valley

The bear and bird explore the sandy desert. I think Gobi would look good in a nice polo shirt.