Big Boss is about to go nuclear in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (and Ground Zeroes)

I imagine Chip’ll talk about that later, but yeah. The shower refreshes you physically and mentally, washing off the blood and resetting the reduction on Reflex.

Finally we’ve discovered the most important mechanic in the game:

refreshed%20small

I have to imagine that nerd hygiene increased dramatically after Phantom Pain was released.

I’ve had this gif ready for this thread for almost a year and a half.

17 Likes

I think this comic is appropriate based on something that happens in the newest video.

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=050916

That comic is more appropriate than you think!

The number one way to disarm a soldier is to spoon him.

Episode 11: Big SpoonCut Commentary

E3 2018
We streamed the major E3 conferences this year! You can watch them all here!
EA
Microsoft
Bethesda
Devolver Digital
Square-Enix
Ubisoft
Sony
Nintendo

7 Likes

Oh, if only Big Boss had assassinated Henry Kissinger…

2 Likes

Vapor Snake’s busy trying to find a new Kaz, so he can’t show up today. But that’s fine, Big Boss is channeling him in spirit.

2 Likes

I don’t want to overload everyone with these comics, and there are so many comics that could go with today’s episode, so here’s what I think is the best one out of the bunch.

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=011816

1 Like

This ep really flew by, and the mission was neat - I like that Fultoning the mark is an option, since it does remove them from the equation very effectively. It’s an appealingly logical, Gordian knot solution, and I’m glad the devs thought to include it from the get-go.

I kind of like that Kaz is not a happy camper currently, and that he’s chafing at new blood coming in and possibly replacing him as BB’s bestest fieldwork buddy and showertime fun friend. Poor Kaz, I hope he gets his mojo back eventually.

1 Like

The sawed-off shotgun research reminds me of how in Peace Walker the shotgun starts out as a normal shotgun and you need to spend money and time researching the ability to saw it down.

1 Like

Just one of the many technological advances the 80s brought us.

I like the idea that the R&D team already had a regular shotgun just lying around but thought “No, there’s no way Big Boss will be able to find a use for this. What can we do to make it useful for him?”

I like to imagine that Big Boss stood behind the research crew, screaming “SHORTER!” every time they upgraded a shotgun.

A pity they never sawed it down to say…

3 Likes

Soon enough he’ll be charging into battle with just a handle and two shells.

1 Like

He’ll use a pickaxe to hit the bullets in midair.

2 Likes

R&D level 95 or so:

3 Likes

I guess the natural progression from there is… oh no…

11 Likes

Guys, stop tempting me to rewatch the full 24 hours long Peace Walker LP

It’s a good LP, brent

Out of all the things, the excessive smoke breaks is what really gives me a goofy smirk about this game. Words can’t do justice to how much more people smoke when it’s literally the only pastime.